Irene LorenzonRan away with my deposit

On February 23, 2008, I hired the services of Irene and Gary Lorenzon of Gary Lorenzon Contractor Incorporated. After checking their records with the local BBB and the PA department of State, I moved forward in all confidence. What a mistake of judgment on my part it would turn out to be. I was asked for a $32, 000 deposit to get the work started. Although the amount sounded awfully high, the overall estimate was for over $100, 000. It did not seem to be out of place with what other contractors had required. However, when time came to get the work started according to contract and specifications, I realized my dealings with Irene Lorenzon would more likely make me lose sleep.
The work was sloppy, always late and their lack of adequate customer service or even basic care for me was outrageous. They used cheap equipment and cheap labor. Two of their employees turned out to be illegal. And the building material was clearly of bad quality.
I proceeded with canceling the job and requesting a refund for the unused portion of the deposit. The work had barely started and according to contact and PA laws, I was in within my rights. After numerous letters and threats to pursue this matter legally, Mrs Lorenzon (I never dealt with Mr. Lorenzon who seemed to be very scared of his own wife) promised a quick and fair refund of the deposit. Today is October 21 and I am still waiting for an estimated refund of $23, 456. All calls remain unanswered and the tens of certified letters never got picked up. I have driven by their official address a few times and was not successful at getting anyone to open the door.
I have decided to take this matter to court and will be filling paperwork within days. I wanted to make sure the whole World knew about her unfair and deceptive practices to prevent the pain and suffering to someone else.

George Harrington
Upper Moreland Twp.

The picture is what my study looks like since February

Ran away with my deposit

• St
    Steve Hanshawn Apr 19, 2010

This story regarding Gary Lorenzon and Irene Lorenzon is completely fabricated - this person does not exist.

• St
    Steve Hanshawn Apr 19, 2010

This story regarding Gary Lorenzon and Irene Lorenzon is completely fabricated, and the author does not exist.

• Jp
    JP Curran Apr 19, 2010

The person who actually wrote this is a travel agent con man in Florida who has since been arrested for stealing over 100K from his customers and is now awaiting trial. Irene Lorenzon was one of these customers and is the one who first alerted the authorities. Since she alerted the authorites and notified him of this fact, he has been harassing her and stated that he would try to ruin their business like she "ruined" his. His business being the business of stealing. What's great is that Gary has an impeccable work record and slander like this will not affect his business at all. In fact he is consistently hired by the Philadelphia Museum of Art for jobs year after year and as you would imagine, they would only hire top quality contractors. His reputation speaks for itself.

• Av
    Average Joe Comp Aug 26, 2010

Gary made the biggest mistake in his life, getting her involved with his company. She caused nothing but problems from the time she started getting involved with the company. Gary was and still is a great guy, but she is a major [censor]ing [censor]! Caused nothing but peoblems for Gary and his workers through the years. Nothing would suprise me about any thing she would do to scam some one behind Garys' back. The Pathetic thing about all this, Gary lets her do what ever she wants, and she does!