IQ Data International / RentCollectharassment

A

This agency never sent a single notice of an account in collection, which allowed substantial interest to accrue on the account. Once I found out about the collection when checking my credit report, I contacted them to ask them to provide a written notice or invoice, which never arrived. They insisted that I give them numerous phone numbers and my employers name. I did not give them a real phone number. Instead, they tracked down my parents and began to harass them, demanding that they make my pay the account immediately "or else" and if I didn't "then i'd be sorry." I have since called the agency to complain that I did not receive notice of the collection and they refused to resend the notice and threatened me with civil action. I asked to speak with a supervisor and the agent hung up. How can I pay the account if they wont even provide documentation of the collection? This company needs its license revoked.

• Ar
    areacode818 Oct 18, 2008

This agency never sent a single notice of an account in collection, which allowed substantial interest to accrue on the account. Once I found out about the collection when checking my credit report, I contacted them to ask them to provide a written notice or invoice, which never arrived. They insisted that I give them numerous phone numbers and my employers name. I did not give them a real phone number. Instead, they tracked down my parents and began to harass them, demanding that they make my pay the account immediately "or else" and if I didn't "then I'd be sorry." I have since called the agency to complain that I did not receive notice of the collection and they refused to resend the notice and threatened me with civil action. I asked to speak with a supervisor and the agent hung up. How can I pay the account if they wont even provide documentation of the collection? This company needs its license revoked.

Jay4pro Nov 27, 2017

@areacode818 Let report them to BBB. Find the link below:

• E
    E Nov 07, 2008

I'm on the same boat as you my friend. A collection popped up on my credit/rental history recently and in order for me to move into my new place I had to take care of this debt. I too was also threatened with civil action because i could not make my payment when they wanted. Even after contacting them to handle the matter, I have yet to receive any kind of documentation about the money owed and any legal actions. Someone needs to report this company to the BBB or an agency that can look into them and their business practices.

Ronald Pente Nov 09, 2008

I have a similar situatuion with IQ from the other 4 here. However I am subnmitting all communique from this bogus billing to my attorney here in Los Angeles for litigation and filing a lawsuit against IQ Data International for 'bogus' billing.

Ronald Pente Nov 13, 2008

I agree on this IQ International Data, Inc. I have a surprize for them, after I recieved a nasty phone call about a bogus billing. I am suing the IQ through my attorney for its' illegal function. They are not a collection agency firstly. I made it clear in phone dialogue this event is going to court for a lawsuit. IQ is an illegal function and has no lgal jurisdiction in their covert operation.

• Le
    lexie Nov 19, 2008

I am having the same situation. Out of no where I get a call from an agent telling me unless I pay the balance in full like today my wages will be garnished. I have NEVER even gotten anything from them before! Is this even possible??? Sounds like they are full of it, but it still makes me nervous.

• Ky
    Kyle Pringle Nov 28, 2008

I started recieving calls on my cell phone demanding monies from cleaning fees three months after I moved out of my apartment. I had the same cell, same work # and I am still the same guy. They don't care, all they wanted to do is threaten me and tell me they are suing me etc. I asked for documentation via a fax or mail. I told them repeatedly that I had never received any notice from the apartment complex or them about the outstanding fees. I was never late on my rent and I was under the impression I left in good standing. I still have never received any information. The information they gave me over the phone did not add up to the total they claimed I owe.

• Jj
    JJJ Jan 29, 2009

you should do some investigation on this company, there previous name was Inquest, M.I.S, and I.S.. They have been shut down before by the attorney general. You can send a complaint to the attorney general. you can all sue them for breaking the fair debt practice act.

Charles Jan 29, 2009

I've been receiving calls from an individual named Victor at this company for almost 5 months. He calls 2-3 times per week around the same time in the morning. I've never answered since the caller ID shows "unkown." He's calling about my wife, but in every single message he never says what he needs, just that he needs to speak to me regarding her. He found my number by somehow looking up my parents phone number which is out of state and then worrying them about my condition and that they need to get in touch.

He mentioned to my wife that she owes a debt, but checking her credit report the debt had past statute of limiations over a year ago. We're definitely writing them a stop letter and reporting them to the Attorney General.

• Po
    P O C Feb 10, 2009

I too agree with both, i just recently called them to work out a deal on a collection so I can resolve this and get it off of my credit report, but the dufus I talked with wouldnt even give me a chance to talk and he raised his voice at me as if he knows me. I immediately got in his ### about his attitude and the unprofessional manner in which he was presenting himself. I will not ever talk to this guy again and he was VERY LUCKY I wasnt in the office where he works.

• Fr
    frustratedagain Feb 12, 2009

I am having the same issues with Victor as well! I have bogus cleaning fees accrued with additional interest, etc, and they WILL NOT disclose any documentation. This situation is quite frustrating. But I do not know what to do.

• Ve
    Very upset Feb 28, 2009

We all sound like broken records. I too am having this issue as we speak. Never did I recieve any information in the form of mail stating I have oustanding balances due from an apartment I was living in. I always paid my rent on time and was a good renter. The people from IQ Data collections are VERY disrespectful and will bark back if they sense any frustration in your voice. I was very taken back by their poor customer service skills. I have politely given them 145.oo for a fee from this apartment for which they state was for cleaning fees (carpet, walls, etc...), now there calling AGAIN! About past rent stating I moved out on a later date than I actually did. I am completely upset and pissed off. I will be looking into BBB and reading up on the fair debt practice act. They should not get away with this.

• St
    stephnut Mar 03, 2009

I had similar things happen to me they are very demanding an threatening and say I own all this money when part of the debt was already paid off. They wanted me to pay double in fees and interest and i dont even think i owe the money. They also would not send me any statement or anything saying what i owe and what it is for. I asked them to fax or send me this information about 6 times and still did not recieve anything. I think they are in need or another shut down!

• We
    weig17 Mar 03, 2009

I was contacted by Shannon Harmon from IQ Data collections about 2 months ago... she informed me that I owed approx $186 to the apartment complex that I just moved out of.
    I told her that I wanted to verify this with the apartments and that I would go the following day to pay them if I indeed owe them. She said that they will not accept my payment and that I need to pay her now... I said goodbye and hung up. The following day I went to the apartments paid my $180 ish bucks and got a receipt. They informed me that everything was paid and that I owe nothing more.
    2 weeks later Shannon Harmon called me back again and said that I owe the money still. I told her that i went there and paid it to the apartments. She got pissed and said " I am going to pretend we never even spoke and this is going to show up on your credit report as a collection" then she hung up!
    I blew her off as being an idiot... well 2 weeks later now and she just called me back again.. acted as if we had never even spoke in the past. I explained that I was not going to be paying her anything because I paid the company that I owed the money to and that I have a zero balance. She stated that her report still shows me as owing the money. I asked her for her name and company contact info. She said "are you telling me that my client doesn't know my contact info?"... I said, that the info was for me not the apartment complex. She hung up on me again. This time I immediately called the apartments and told them this entire story and they said that they would contact IQ data and make sure that I am no longer in their system... lets hope this works.. This Shannon Harmon is not only unproffesional, but also a royal pain in the butt...

• Gr
    graciouslytaken Mar 07, 2009

You need to leave a forwarding address with any apartment you leave in writing.

• El
    Elaine Mar 09, 2009

Five years after proving to another collection agency hired by our previous landlord that we did not owe $36 for an unpaid water bill, we just now received a letter from IQ Data International claiming that they had been attempting to contact us and that we owed the money. That is not true. I have the letter from Equifax stating that the debt had been removed from my credit report after they received proof. I have just now contacted IQ Data to tell them this. I'm guessing based upon all that I've read about them, and since I suspect IQ Data is a new name for the prior collection agency, that we will have to file a lawsuit. The agressive harassment and belligerant attitude of the prior company (Data Recovery Management in Lynnwood, WA) makes me believe they are one in the same especially since DRM was in Everett, WA, next door to Lynnwood.

• Ce
    CEH Mar 11, 2009

IQ Data International has harassmed me by calling my employer and pretending to be a lawyer giving my boss a bogus docket number.
    I called to get more information regarding their claim, and their collectors, hang up as soon as I ask for their fax number. I wonder if this company really exist. I am filing a legal compain, and reported them with the BBB.

• Au
    audry Mar 16, 2009

I completely agree with all of you, I have had the same issue with Rent Collect (IQ Data International) for almost 3 years now. First of all they will not send me any invoice as to what the charges are for, they claim that it was sent right after I moved out of the apartment. I have written letters, plenty of phone calls to receive this information so that I can proceed with payment. I am not going to pay for something which I don't have the detail to pay. Every time I called to get a breakdown of the bill, their response is "You know what you owe, and I'm not sending you another detailed bill. Pay what you owe." I am also very frustrated with them, but wasn't sure what I could do. Now I'm understanding a little more since I've read all of your comments. Thanks to all of you for the great info.

• Fr
    frustrated Mar 17, 2009

I agree this company has very rude people. I was never contacted and it pop up after 2 yrs with interest and everything. They should be reported to the BBB. and I will certainly do that.

• Bi
    billiejo15 Mar 28, 2009

They called me at work (without trying a different number first) to tell me that I needed to pay IN TOTAL 1800 before hanging up with him (Mr. Harrison...) or else he would be sending a fax to start taking it out of my wages. Then when I said I would have to call my boyfriend to see what we had in our account, he accused me of lying and said that he had been "doing this for 15 years and I know when people are trying to get out of paying." When all I was trying to do is figure out #1, WHAT this was about because I hadn't recieved anything in the mail... then 2, what could I pay?? Then, he hung up on me. I got a thing in the mail the next day, dated the 24th, I recieved it on the 27th (3 days for mail to get here... normal... ) anyways, on the notice it said that I have 30 days from the date of the letter to call and make arrangements... he called me before I got the notice!! So, today is only the 28th, I'm going to call on Monday and try to talk to a manager (but I've seen in above comments that they will probably just hang up on me)... How do you make an actual complaint?? First for harrassing and being rude to me... 2nd for calling before they needed to... at my work no less... and third to let them know that not only were they harrassing me at my work place, but I had to clock off in order to deal with them on the phone and then I was so upset that I couldn't return to work for about 1/2 when my face wasn't red and my eyes weren't all puffy from crying. These people need to be shown that they can't get away with this bull crap. I'm only 20 years old and this is the first time I've had to deal with this type of thing... they had no reason to be so rude. If anyone knows how to make a formal complaint, let me know... I'll be in line to do it.

• Le
    leger77 Apr 02, 2009

Remember when you are pointing a finger at someone your have 3 pointing back at you.
    Pay the people you owe the money too. Help the economy pay your bills like responsible adults.
    Todd

• So
    solbucket Apr 06, 2009

All of these comments are very interesting. I have been experiencing threating phone calls even though I have filed a small claim against the apt complex that is claiming the $ are due. The apt manager and I agreed to work it out together. However, IQ data refuses to stop calling me. Refuses to send me anything in writing. The rep I spoke to Alex (female) is extremely rude. Even laughs at my responses. They need to learn how to communicate respectfully with people who are obviously working to resolve the issue. BTW. I have a 805 credit score with NO late payments ever. So sad that these people feel the need to be so rude.

• Ke
    Kevin Apr 12, 2009

I just received an alert from IQ data international inc saying it was from an account in 2004 no further information. I cant find a website on them. Is this a legit co? I called and the phone just rang. I know its sunday but most business have at least a digital message.

• Mi
    MikeB Apr 15, 2009

All of you need to do what I did and file a consumer complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov . Also file a consumer complaint with your state attorney general and the state of Washington atttorney general at www.naag.org . Explain your situation and make sure you include that IQ Data Interational is in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Act.

ANNOYED Apr 20, 2009

I had the same problem with alex cook she was a rude person, and she pissed me off. She stated that there was no way around this and i had to pay 3500 dollars by thursday of that week annd then i told her that i would call her back and she told me that she needed to make a payment arrangement before she hung up. I explained that the times that she say i was oweing money i didnt even live there and i could prove it and then she tolfd me that she was not letting my name off of the collentions and that she was going to take my old roomates name off of it so that all the money owed will be on me and not her and i was like excuse me no your not and she said she could do what ever she wanted to and she was taking me to court i was like whatever see you there and she hung up. Like really what do these people think, and on top of that the accused dates were from 2007 its 2009 now. Like really, ? How do i report this person? I live in cali. I see something for other sates but not cali,

• To
    Todd Apr 20, 2009

I disagree with the comment make about Alex Cook she is the most professional easygoing person I have dealt with.
    She sounded hot too.

• Je
    jeff Apr 21, 2009

Todd do you work for IQ Data International? I'm pretty sure you do.

I dealt with Alex Cook as well, and ended up filing complaints with the FTC in regards to her behavior. She was not professional, nor easy going.

• Ke
    kevlee722 Apr 24, 2009

Yeah, Todd sounds like an insider trying to make this company sound good. I had a horrible experience with this company. I paid the collections that I presumably owed and I now have an attorney working to remove them from my credit report because they reported the collection to the credit bureus twice for the same collection. I will be filing complaints about this company with the State and the Federal Trade Commission. The level of unprofessionalism in their dealings is way out of line and people don't deserve to be treated this way.

• Je
    jeff Apr 24, 2009

Same thing here! They just recently reported the collections twice on my credit report: one as "IQ Data International" and one as "RENT COLLECT". So now there are two identical collections for "twice the amount".

I have also retained a lawyer, but if you do some research, you'll find that all FDCPA claims against them have been dismissed. I wish there was some justice for this.

• Wt
    WTom May 05, 2009

This company is an embarassment to the collection agencies around the world. They have the personality of a small crusty soap dish and will not listen to any reasoning. They harrassed everyone I know and Alex Cook is a B*%#h. I still have not received any paper work saying that the debt was paid in full and that was over 4 months ago. Professionalism is out the window with this bunch!

• Wo
    wolfe_lady May 06, 2009

I just got a negative credit rating on my credit report from these people. I called them and talked to Alex Cook, she got really aggressive when I stated I wanted proof of the debt I owed. She told me over the phone it was for a "bounced" check I wrote for my credit/background check when I applied for an apartment. She gave me the date of when the check was written, October 2002. She stated that I had to go to my old bank and get a micro fisc of the bounced check for documentation. That account is closed and I live in a different state. This is May of 2009 and i asked her for a copy of any paperwork and she said it was not her responsiblilty to provide me with any documentation by Washington State Law. That isn't right because I have read, Federal law states that if the debt can't be validated by original or certified copy of the signature of the person whom owes it, then they have to remove it from the credit report. I am pretty sure with all the Identity theif that Federal Law over rules State. Anyway, didn't seem like it was the truth. She was very rude and telling me that I know I bounced this check and I was notified by my bank and I just forgot about it and so she doesn't want to agrue over this little amount and said to just pay it. I already disputed it on my credit report and I will take everyones advise and report this company to every government agency I can. Thank you for making me fee "no alone" in this BS.

• Hy
    Hypo-Allergenic May 15, 2009

I agree.
    I'm trying to pay off a debt from this company, and they've threatened to sue me AND garnish my wages because the monthly payment I'm trying to give them "just isn't" enough.

I filed a complaint against the company and I'd suggest everyone else here do the same.
    They are very sarcastic, rude and unprofessional.
    They are getting smart, though. They're saying their initials instead of their full names.
    If they sued me, it'd probably be more of a loss to them.

I'm still willing and able to pay off the debt monthly, but since they declined the offer I can't do anything.
    It's their move, and even an attorney I spoke to said that they're acting stupid.
    Good luck, everyone.

The website to file complaints is as follows:

Ronald Pente May 24, 2009

I agree will ALL complaints above. I have a full time attorney, and IQ is being sued criminally and civily by us. I have a similar case and likewise IQ submitted to vEquifax 2 reports of the same so-called debt using different reference #. I do not even have an account with them nor anyplace else!!! We will win this case for certain.rcp

• Mi
    Michael Miles Jun 02, 2009

I just got scammed by them. A bogus charge for replacing carpet in an apartment that I vacated 4.5 years ago in Scottsdale, AZ. which I left in good standing. They are clinging to the fact that the apartment complex did not have my new address so they couldn't contact me. I found out about this after they attacked my credit rating and MasterCard informed me that they just cut my credit limit in half because of this. Feeling trapped with no options, I paid it. But then they tried to scam me again. They said if I paid them an additional $450 they would erase this from my credit rating as if it had never happened. I said NO. I guess I will have to jump through all the hoops I've heard about in cleaning that up.

Is anyone doing a class action suit against IQ?

• Fa
    Father / Son Jun 07, 2009

My son first got a call from Victor Holton who gave him the number [protected] ext. 1321 for me to call him back. My son Googled that number which led him to:http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-888-248-2509. Once I read about the experiences people were having with this company, both there and on this forum, I knew I should never allow them to talk with me by telephone. However I’m finding that I cannot even seem to get a working address for IQ Data International Inc / RentCollect Global so that I can write to ask them to interact with me in accordance with the Federal Government’s Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. I sent a certified letter to this address:

Kenneth Stumbo, CEO
    IQ Data International Inc
    1000 Southeast Everett Mall Way # 400
    Everett, WA [protected]

The post office wrote back that the letter was “forwarded to a different address at in EVERETT, WA 98208 because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect”.

Has anyone recently been successful in sending a certified letter to IQ Data International Inc or RentCollect Global? At what address? There are many different ones on the internet.

RentCollect Global has a website, but there’s no address.

Mark Jun 11, 2009

I'm having trouble with them too, very rude and demanding...is there any way we can file a class action suit?

• Bi
    Bigz Jun 26, 2009

I also agree with all of you, 2 years ago i move out of my apartment in michigan and i setteled with them. Now 3 years later i go and get a credit report just to check it and i see this company on there (IQ Data International) and they are saying that i owe them alot of money. I tried to call and the give me nothing, i can get noghting out of these people but rudeness.

Even if we can get this company shut down what will happen? will this come off out report? or what is the deal with it just get turned over to someone else?

• Sh
    SharonMarie Jul 02, 2009

Yesterday this company called our office demanding our address so they could send a process server against one of our employees. Bad news for them is I was totally hip to their crap. The guy who called even threatened me with legal action since I wouldn't verify our address. He was a total jerk and an idiot to boot. I immediately filed notice with the FTC, BBB, the State Attorney Generals office and the local police department which handles this kind of fraud activity. It's time to put a stop to this kind of illegal business. They think that by intimidation and bullying they can get money out of people who do not understand their tactics. The employee they claimed they were coming after doesn't even owe any one money, we checked thoroughly. We are now waiting for his credit report, which his wife is pulling so we can make sure these creeps didn't ruin that. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE MONEY!!! No matter what they say. Call your local police department if they call you.

• 50
    503 Jul 06, 2009

I also agree. I am/was paying off a debt, monthly deductions out of my bank account. After three months of paying, I get a very rude ROBERT STANLEY saying my account from a bank I've never heard of is closed, and I better pay in full in the next 24 hours or else my life is going to get real hard. I told him they have the wrong bank and I don't understand how that could happen since they've been taking payment. He continued to belittle me and my girlfriend, ending with "you no longer have a contract with us." I told him he was a [censored]ing ###, that I'd been paying so they were breaking the contract. I am filing a complaint on this website as well
    I do have the money to make my payments, but not enough for a lawyer to sue them unfortunately. But seeing as they screwed up, I don't know how to handle them. Excessivley rude, sarcastic, unprofessional.

robrob Jul 20, 2009

IQ data is now on my credit report, I was considering making a settlement with them today until I read some of these post. I was never sent a letter but just wanted to pay so it would go away. At first I was told I woe $800, now they say I owe $1959, wtf!! I need this crap off my credit but not sure how to get that done.

• Ca
    cade1215 Jul 29, 2009

I am having the same issue with these people! We never received an a bill from them. I pulled my credit report to find a bill for $5, 813 for an apartment we moved out of. Let me say unles they gutted the whole apartment and replaced all appliances under my expense there was no way we should owe this money! I call and asked to have an itemized receipt sent to me we never rcvd it! I sent in a written request and still no response. I filed a dispute with the credit report agencies. I made one more attempt to rcv an itemized statement from these people, I called and requested to get their address where I might send an certified letter asking for the itemized receipt I talked to a guy named Blain when I asked for the address he hung up on me. I called back 2 more times and got the same thing I finally asked to speak to his supervisor Kevin who refused to give it to me. I finally rcvd it from the Equifax. I sent them a certified letter and waited 2 weeks for the receipt it still did not come! I finally filed a complaint with the BBB and Attorney General's office once they rcvd my complaint I rcvd a itemized receipt. Now here is the kicker wait for it they state I moved out on 12/08/06 and according to their records we were turned over to collections on 12/09/06 all my itemized receipts that they supposedly did was dated 01/07/07 so how did they charge me before they even did the work? No wonder why they did not want to send me a itemized receipt.