Indesitsafety and quality concern

Y

I bought my tumble dryer from argo's last year, in january 2016 I received a letter from indesit stateing that there was a safety and quality concern and that I had to check on the internet if my tumble dryer was effected, s/n [protected] item number idc85k which had shown my dryer was one of those under investigation, I registered on line my details, which said I would be notified in 8 week's.
Today I rang the free phone number [protected] to find out what was happening. Only to be told that I would not have a engineer call out until december this year, I feel this is unexceptable, when this item is not a year old, I feel I should be offered to reorder another tumble dryer which is not effected.
Look forward to reply.