Imperial Majesty Cruise Line VacationsFraud and cheating

T

I was told I won a vacation in May 29, 2008 to the Bahamas Cruise for two people and it would be on the Imperial Majesty Cruise Line. The person told me I'd have to pay $59 per person for the port taxes and I could upgrade to an outside cabin for $99. I thought It would be nice since I've never been on a cruise so I paid $217 for the port taxes and the outside cabin. The person on the phone told me I would receive my cruise package in 2 - 3 weeks.

After 3 weeks I did not receive the package, so I called the customer service number given to me at the time of the purchase. A person said the package would be re-sent to me. I received the package on June 30, 2008. I opened the package and in the letter it says 'Any balance of funds paid is non-refundable and will be held as a non-refundable deposit towards any future travel request.' I was shocked and angered that this was not told to me on the phone and felt mislead.

On June 30, 2008 I called to complain that the cancellation policy was not told to me over the phone and I wanted a refund. The person on the phone said that it is past 30 days and I can not receive a refund. I asked how can I not receive a refund when I was not told the refund policy over the phone and I received the package after 30 days. The person said that he doesn't know what was told to me.

For almost a year this has been on my mind that I'm trapped in this and only thing I can do is to go on the cruise. So I called the reservation number to book the cruise in December 2008. While booking the cruise, I find out that there are set days I can go (Monday - Wednesday), but those days do not correspond with the dates I can take off from work. I again complain that this was not told to me initially and that again I felt mislead. I ask for a refund and again was told that it's past the 30 days and can not receive a refund.

Still feeling trapped in this, I called February 20, 2009 to book the cruise again. I was explaining that the dates do not correspond to the dates I can take off work. I was then offered to extend the cruise one day and it would leave on a Friday. Also, is included a 2 day free hotel stay at the Ramada Plaza Hotel not far from the cruise's departure for $198. Leaving on a Friday was OK for me and the free 2 day hotel stay sounded good so I paid the additional $198.

March 4, 2009 I was searching about the cruise on the web. I found a site at complaintsboard.com. I was shocked at the many complaints and people who have been ripped off such as I. I also read that in order to receive the 'Free' 2 day hotel stay I would have to attend a vacation tour offered by the Ramada Plaza Hotel. The tour is an hour and a half away from the hotel and will need to rent a car which was not told to me over the phone. OK that's it I had enough. I went to the Better Business Bureau web site and searched the company. Low and behold the BBB issued the Imperial Majesty a 'F' rating so I called on March 4, 2009 to cancel again.

On March 4, 2009 at 6:00 PM, I called the customer service number at [protected] and talked to Doug. He said the hotel is 20 minutes from the cruise, but the vacation tour was not close and I would need a car. I told him I was not told this on the phone. He asked me how was I getting to Ft. Lauderdale. Not understanding what that have to do with my complaint, I told him I'm going on an airline and did not expect to pay additional money for a rental car. I asked him how can I cancel and he transferred me to reservations department [protected].

I talked to Sharon in the reservations department. I explained my whole story from beginning to end and she told me that the hotel offers transportation to and from the vacation tour. I told her that someone else told me it's not when I called a few minutes ago. She asked me why I didn't purchase the package for $249 that included the rental car. I told her that that was never mentioned to me. She put me on hold. She returned and said that the hotel does offer transportation. I told her I keep getting conflicting stories and would really like to receive a refund. She told me her department can only issue a refund of $198 I purchased on February 20, 2009 and that another department will have to issue me the $217 and told me to fax the compliance department at [protected].

I called back a few minutes later to get the address of the compliance department and talked to Anthony who asked me what was the problem I'm having. I explained my problem all over again. He then told me a rental car is included with my 2 day stay. I told him I was just told that it was not. He put me on hold. He returned and said that a rental car is not included. He could refund me the $198, but will need to transfer me to customer service to talk about the $217 refund. He transferred me. He told me that it would take a while to be connected and gave me the number to call back.

After class, I called the customer number back at 8:35 PM and talked to Marleen. I explained everything to her and she said she will transfer me to a supervisor. Someone named Rich who said he was a supervisor asked me to explain my problems. I did again. He told me that I can not receive a refund because past the 30 days. I said 'what about the $198 I just paid in February?' He said it is not refundable. I told him that was not told to me earlier. He asked me who told me that and I told him Sharon and Anthony. He put me on hold. He then said he canceled my cruise and 2 day stay and would receive a refund of $198 in 7 - 10 business days. I asked him how can he issue me that but not for the $217? He told me that they don't work for Imperial Majesty. They only make the reservations. I asked him what company am I talking to now. He repeated they don't work for Imperial Majesty but only do the reservations.

On March 5, 2009 at 9:00 AM I called customer service [protected] to try to get the name of this company I'm talking to put in my letter. A female named Jay answered. Before I gave her my information, I asked her the name of her company I'm talking to now. She said Imperial Majesty. I told her someone told me that this is not Imperial Majesty and that her company only take reservations. She asked me who told me that and I told her Rich. She put me on hold. She transferred me to someone named Lakisha. She read over notes taken from previous times and I then explained the problem over again. I explained that the refund policy, the tour, and dates were not told to me initially and I received the package after the 30 days. She said that the calls are recorded, so I said then can't someone go back to listen to the recordings to see what was told to me. She said they take notes of the conversation. So I asked so I'm I receiving my $198 refund. She said 'I see you talked to Richard and he is a supervisor. He canceled your cruise and 2 day stay. I don't know if your getting your refund. Is that what he told you?' I asked why that is not in the notes? She read the notes to me. It stated he canceled the cruise and stay but nothing about receiving my refund. I asked why isn't what he told me about receiving the refund in 7 - 10 business days in the notes and that she didn't know if I would get the refund. She said 'If that's what he told you the you will get it.'

I feel that the Imperial Majesty Cruise Line sales tactics are misleading and fraudulent. The representatives say anything on the phone and only put in the notes what will help their cause. I compare Imperial Majesty Cruise Line to a corporate Madoff that swindles' people out of there hard earn money. In these times there needs to be better regulations over the travel/vacation companies on how they do business. People are loosing homes, retirements, and jobs and Imperial Majesty's practices are not helping. This has energized me to write my congressman and legislature about this issue.

• Vd
    vdk09 Jun 23, 2009

Did you ever get that refund?
    I am in the same boat as you, but I paid around $500, and I cannot get it back!

• Ap
    apezpez Jul 29, 2009

I'm glad I put this in the search bar and read this - I thank you and surely karma is a wonderful tool for those who choose to do wrong.

I just got the call and played along; research before acting!

• Je
    Jerika Gilcreast Jul 30, 2009

Wow, thank you so much!! I attend Ashland University, will be a sophomore this semester. They just called me today. At first I was so excited and finally thought money that I had saved would be used towards this cruise. Me and and one of my girl-friends were going to be brave and catch a flight to Florida! Thank God we researched everything before we payed anything out. I really hope you get everything solved. Hopefully our justice system works like it's
    supposed to.

Jerika Gilcreast
    (Barberton, Ohio)

• Wo
    wolfecat Aug 12, 2009

Thank you for the information, we was just getting ready to book our cruise. We are out nothing.
    Again thank you.
    Kim- From Kentucky

• Rc
    Rcustsupport Aug 20, 2009

I;m in the same boat paid 298.00 free cruise, two night stay in Ft.Lauderdale, and two nights in Orlando, free rental car. But by the sounds of the complaints, and reading about the hotels and how dumpy they are my husband said absolutely not taking this trip. Anyone else receive a refund, and who do I complain to. I was also told all calls are recorded, I know I agreed to this package but not wanting to stay in smelly dumpy hotels, and have additional expenses such as paying to park your car at the pier, large amounts of deposits placed on my credit card, and hope that I get it back, not sure if I have any grounds for refund.

Renee-from Michigan

• Sh
    Shweta Ahuja Sep 04, 2009

Hey, thanks for the warning. My husband just got the call today and am I glad I read about your situation. I really hope you are able to get this resolved and get yur money back. I am defintely not going on this "free" cruise.
    Shweta

• Di
    dia.dee Sep 10, 2009

I don't know what to do. I am in the same situation. I paid money for a cruise I thought would be so much fun, I was even told it was a carnival cruise. I WAS NOT told about the hotel tour part. It's been almost TWO YEARS. I repeatidly asked "so if I pay now, I wont have to put out ANYMORE money" and over and over I was told yes. Then I called asking about the rental car or gas voucher and suddenly there was a fee on the cruise, a tax on this, a charge for that. I want my money back, I am so angry that a company can take advantage of people like this. It's disgusting, and it just shows how manipulative companies can be. I have been calling and calling and I get an answering machine. "please leave your name and number and someone will call you back". REALLY?

• Ca
    Catsal Sep 13, 2009

Thank you so much for taking the time and energy to post your ordeal on the web. I am so sorry that that happened to you and I hope that you can receive your money back. But if it's any consolation, you have saved dozens...maybe more... people the same problem by bravely discussing your tribulations on this site.
    My husband and I were just looking into low cost cruises for the holidays and decided to do a bit of research about this Imperial Majesty (travesty) and lo and behold we came across your article.
    We are so grateful to you and hope that somehow you will be rewarded for your effort.

Catherine from Indiana

• Rb
    RBcustomer Sep 30, 2009

I Just spent half of a day to try and find the phone number for the copr. office. I was able to get it. If you have any problems with this rip off company I suggest calling the upper management. They do not post this number anywhere. I had to speak with over 20 different people before I got someone to give it to me.

The phone number is: [protected].

Call this number to rattle them. They will not expect any of their victiems to be calling them on this number.

Also here is the address of the copr office just in case any feels like sending them anything.

2419 E Commercial Blvd Ste 100. Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308

Regards
    Randy

• Go
    godstreasure Oct 16, 2009

imperial line cruise is not fraud or anything like that the person who wrote this complaint is very unorganized and unbusinesslike, it's their job to tell you about the crusie not to read a manuel for you. its up to you to ask questions i asked and got all the imformation and my cousin went did the same thing and she had the time of her life and now i am about to. also the little packet that is sent to you tells you in fine print there are no refunds and there are certain days the ship leaves. it also tells you that you have to find your own way to florida and they handle the rest. dont let other people's complaints mess up your fun figure it out yourself and look into the positive feedback as well as the negative trust, there is more positive outcome than negative

• Qu
    "Glynda Oct 27, 2009

My name is Glynda and I have purchased one of the cruise line vacations also. I paid $1247 and was told by a Rodriguez who was a general manager that I owed an additional $898 to complete my vacation. Mr. Rodriguez was very rude to me when I had any questions and I request to speak with his supervisor. I was then transferred to Morene who stated she was the general manager...not sure how many general managers they have. She stated I should call [protected] and request to speak with Frederica. Numerous times I have tried to call to be placed on eternal hold.

I finally spoke to a gentleman who states that Frederica is out for the day. I asked if she had an extension so that when I called back it would be easier to reach her. He did not know her extension but stated he would transfer me to customer service where she worked. (I thought I was speaking to customer service). Again I was placed on “eternal hold” ….Another lady came on the line and I asked her about Frederica and this lady request my phone number to help me. I stated I was having some issues with my account and was told to speak with Frederica….to make the long story as short as possible….I was finally told that Frederica was on a cruise herself (the one I paid for I guess) and would not be in till later that day if at all…when I asked how would be the best way to reach her I was again given the “eternal hold” customer service line which I have called multiple times….

• Je
    Jelliott Nov 11, 2009

I have not gone on the cruise and don't plan to now. After learning of everyone else's experience I am not interested. I can say after dealing with them on phone I believe everything I have read and heard. They mislead me, lied, hung up on me, could hear them whispering in the background as to what to say to me. It was pretty bad. This was enough to convince me I was not going on this trip. I tried getting a rufund but they will not. I was never told it was non-refundable. I really don't know how they keep getting by with this. I will file complaints with everyone I can think of. For all the people this has happened to I know how bad you feel, to everyone else be careful...

• So
    Sonia from NJ Dec 01, 2009

Thank you so much for posting this. I just received a call today from them. I hope you get your money back.

Kind regards,
    Sonia

• Om
    Omar Chowdhury Dec 11, 2009

I agree with you. It happened me also. I paid them Total $998 and I told them I am not interested but they said I have to pay because I have a deal with them although I know that nothing was told earlier. I told them to cancel it for me, they tell that I can resell it through them but I have to pay the total amount outstanding $698. I paid the amount on 10th Dec. 2009. They have told me that they will resell it within 72 hours and I'll get more than 3 times of the amount that I spent. I don't know what exactly they are doing. And it's extremely true that they have made my life a hell. I think Business Bureau should take step to save people from deception and mental torture.

• Ri
    RimShot Dec 20, 2009

This string is very intersting...We are in the process of going on this cruise. My wife has been handling all the arrangements and so far not too bad. There has been several issues but nothing too great to handle. We knew in advanced that we would have to attend a 90+/- presentation for RCI time shares. About an hour drive north of the Ramada here in Ft Lauderdale, the facility was not too bad, located right on the beach...but after about 3 hours we did not buy. So far a few hidden costs...the Ramada is $15 per night per room tax/surcharge...not freee!!! The meals indicate they are included, but the fine print indicates you pay for the tax/gratitude...about $2.50 per person per meal. We board tomorrow on the ship. We'll see what hidden costs come up. Will post more upon our return. Cheers, RimShot

• Ri
    RimShot Dec 23, 2009

RimShot here… reporting after my return from the cruise.
    OK...here's the scoop. This cruise is a good cruise for the first timer. Our family has cruised over a dozen times on several carriers and I'd suggest you to avoid this cruise if you've cruised before. The ship has been converted/reconfigured into its current configuration and provides basic cruise accommodations. However, be aware...the berthing facilities (beds) are very small (less than twin size)..but pushed together, they may make the size of a large twin bed (beware if the metal sides in the middle). The crew was courteous and did an OK job on the taking care of your needs. The wait staff is fine but very slow. If we were to do this cruise again, we'd use the buffet dining option and the Italian cafe instead of the fine dining experience. The pictures were not impressive nor were there many options... the photo staff set up only two stations to take semi-formal pictures and the dinner pix were not good either. Needless to say we did not purchase any pictures of this cruise... our shots were better. The disembarking was absolutely ridiculous. According to the port staff...only two Homeland Security representatives were utilized to check out over 1000 guests... CRAZY... We made it to Orlando and the accommodations are fine.
    Overall experience...Good for the first cruiser...not for the experienced cruiser (you'll be disappointed)...

• Vi
    victoriadanmiani Dec 29, 2009

This is totally accurate. I did a phone survey, received a follow up call and called the company back (just to see if it was a real offer). My experience was identical to the ones listed above. For good fun, try siting this website or [redacted] to the customer service rep from this "company" they REALLY like that. I got the woman so angry she started yelling at me.

• So
    sofia dimovich Jan 03, 2010

My mother purchased this promotional deal.But have not been able to book the arrangements.

• 1r
    1researcher Feb 10, 2010

I would like to know why a class action suit hasn't been filed against them?? It is clear they are breaking laws of all kinds here, ethical, not informing customer properly, an attorney could work it up. I read all these and sadly my in-laws have paid but not booked, so not sure if they have any recourse.
    Any thoughts?

• Ka
    kat86 Feb 13, 2010

Wow!! I'm one more who now has to deal with the refund request ... I was actually planning to finalize my travel dates and pay a remaining balance but decided to check out the hotels in Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando, stumbled upon all these reviews. I'm being charged $449/ person $99 for my son, and now they have a "Stay and Play" program. You can stay in Bahamas for $125/night (covers 2 people) I found a few reviews were some people have actually received their full refund. Just tried calling to start the process and they are closed, will begin this battle on Monday. I will follow up... and yes I agree a class action suit is suitable in this situation, they have ripped off so many people.

• Rt
    RTM77 Mar 17, 2010

Wow, I just received a phone call from [protected] the "Survey Research Center" also. After a brief few minutes on the phone and some pointless questions. They now know that I use a septic tank and watch sat. TV. (not sure how that will contribute to their evil plan of world domination, but they have it none the less.) I was told to go to a surveyclaim.com website and there was all the same info I had answered on the phone quiz. It also showed me a cruise "voucher" for the 2 day bahamas cruise on the beautiful "vintage" cruise ship the REGAL EMPRESS. Now vintage is an old indian word meaning "old as hell". After a brief intergooglpedia search I found that this should be a very interesting cruise because the REGAL EMPRESS has been sold for scrap, beached and dismanteling began in October of last year. I am anxiously awaiting the call I am supposed to receive within the next 72 hours from the "agent". I would like for him/her to describe to me in detail exactly how it is we are supposed to sail from FL to the Bahamas on a ship that has been dismantled? This should be entertaining. Oh how I love telemarketers, historically I put my 4 year old on the phone and let her tell them all about her Barbies and Hanna Montana they usually hang in there for a few minutes and try to make the sell before hanging up, but I think I wanna field this call.

Russ
    Mississippi

• Po
    porkchop257810 Mar 25, 2010

Hello

this message is for Imperial cruise lines customer service

Hello

I have been trying to call you, but none of the numbers listed in your literature seem to be working. I thought you were a professional company. I guess I thought wrong. I only wanted to let you know that my guest will be bring her own oxygen on board with me.
    Her name is Mary Parker'
    My name is ronald parker PN1000409-018xd

my address is 303 maple street
    corbin, ky 40701

[protected]

If there is a problem, I expect you to call me and let me know. Otherwise, I assume it is ok

ronald parker

• Ga
    Gardener3 Apr 15, 2010

We just returned from Florida on the cruise package. We were surprised by the many hidden costs. Since we had paid the bulk of the cost to the company we never did have a break down of what we had paid for. There were additional taxes on the hotels, additional charges on the car rental, additional taxes on the meals as well as tips. We paid a whopping $182 charges and taxes on leaving the cruise. Before we received our voucher for the cruise we spent 5 hours at a time-share presentation. When we arrived in Orlando they made us go to another time-share presentation before we got our tickets for Universal. We had been told that we would have 2 days at Universal but only received a ticket for one day. I did a little math and figured we could have booked everything ourselves, saved money and we would have known exactly what our money was going for. We enjoyed the beach, the water and seeing Florida, but this is not the way to go!

• Fr
    freind4u Apr 27, 2010

I Just got called and i did little research and i come across this article... While i was reading this article i was talking to one of their agent "Lewis". Once i have decided that i don't want this. he was getting offensive. He told me that i had to getit... Now give me creidt card number.. all those info. some thing... my gutts feeling told me not to give me credit card info and Thanks to Lord that i didn't do this... thanks for posting this article.

• Cy
    cyndiak Jun 24, 2010

The EXACT same thing happened to me. In fact, my 'ticket' that came in the mail advertising the vacation states "Refunds subject to law of state in which the consumer resides'. All i keep getting is 'this is a non-refundable package'. No One EVER told me it wasn't refundable. Because I NEVER would have bought it if it wasn't. I don't buy anything that isn't refundable/returnable. I guess my next stop is the BBB. My advice...DO NOT EVER BUY/PARTICIPATE/BELIEVE ANYTHING THIS COMPANY IS SELLING.

• Ca
    canadiangirl2010 Jul 07, 2010

Thank you all for your posts! I just received my "free trip" phone call this evening. I wasnt sure if it was true, seems hard to believe, I asked the girl on the phone if this was a scam and she said " Our job is to fill the empty seats on the cruise line". I then checked thier website and then checked this site and would like to thank you for sharring your stories and saving some of us from buying into it, much appreciated and good luck with your refunds, you deserve it!

• Tr
    Tricia2009 Jul 10, 2010

I was in the same boat took the trip a BIG mess whewww The ship was so liitle yeap we did and upgrade to and outside cabin which was a dump to me the ship was called bahammas celebration something like the food was not good I did not enjoy I could'nt wait to get off that SHIP There were so many tours you must complete to do this or that, that they promise you try to get you to buy time share all kinds of tricks in the bag I would suggust you go to a real face to face travel agent.. After I called an called trying to get my refund from 2009 which is now 2010 have not received anything a call or nothing so hey word to the wise it's not worth it I don't care if they tell you one cent ( 0.01 ) don't take it if it sound to good to be true then what?????

• Js
    jskate Jul 19, 2010

I totaly agree. I paid olmost $800 for my trip. Spent several days on the phone with the saleswoman just to be sure it would be covered at now additional cost for me and my feance. She assured me that it was a 7 day trip for two. And that all meals, hotel and a rent a car was included. the only thing I would have to pay for would be the way there and the port fee. I recived a call three weeks ago from them stating that my trip was about to expire and that i needed to pay for my additional passanger. I replied with, what are you kiding! This is not what I paid for or what I was told when i bought this pakage. Oh by the way I did not recive my package info or tickets for 9 months after purchase.
    They claim this is my fault for not calling to request it. I talked to a man today that insisted that I was to blame for them lying to me from the beginnig. Beond that he tried to sell me an additional package. I told him I would not spend another dime on this. After that a lady got on stating that I needed to pay the other amount or I would lose everythin. I said no and she hung up.I own a business and I cant imagine selling people a service then coming back later to tell them, Oh ya didnt you know its double that. They say they wont refund my hard earned $ . Anyone know what i can do? [protected]@pro-visiondevelopment.com

• Mb
    mbono Jul 29, 2010

Congratulations for winning a Free cruise. Now fork over $1000. Ok everyone...why would you pay for something that's "free"? By definition, free means you don't pay...ANYTHING! This should have been your first clue that this deal is a scam. The survey you took was only a tool to make you feel like you did something to deserve the "reward." The whole point of this marketing venture was to lead you down a rosey path and trick you into purchasing passage on their piece of crap ship. It's the only way the can get anyone to take their trip. I also got the call and took the survey purely out of morbid curiosity to see just how ballsy these people are. I can't wait to talk to the "travel agent" when he/she calls. It's probably some offshore marketing firm from India.

By the way, the legitimate cruiselines are soooo hungery for business right now, you can get real deals for less than $100 a day -- that by the way are refundable and can be booked at YOUR convenience. (I highly recommend Holland America myself. ) The Imperial Dirtbag cruiseline wants to charge you four times that amount. They should be boiled in oil and fed to the sharks.

• Fu
    Fun loveing Farm family Aug 09, 2010

My mother has 2 packages for 4 paid 599 each plus because of illness exstended them year! We are now working on booking every thing to go on vacation in October. There is 8 of us, all family, never crused before. she has allready paid $1398.oo put as all of you reading this Know There is alot more to pay! We figured with port fees and tax es and gratuite it will cost $240.00 more per person!!!That is $1920.00 total cost of the discounted vacation 9 day exsurstion 3318.00 not really a bargan!! but if i was to use a saled pitch it would be ----Its only a one day 2 night crusre and hotels only check in after lunch and check out before lunch so you only get 2 breackfast, 1 lunch, 2 supper NOT 3 DAYS 2 NIGHT All Meals Included BUT 2 DAY 2 Nights 5 Meals included !!! belive it or not we are still going to go becouse it was for my daughters graduation pressent and how do you tell your 73 year old mom she might have wasted all that money! we are just sill farmer but hope to make the best of things!! I DO HOPE SOME ONE CAN STOP THE COMPANY FROM MISLEADING PEOPLE! TBrooks

• Fr
    frogger12 Sep 09, 2010

I have been receiving calls from imperial majesty consistently. i usually do not answer 800 numbers but wanted to talk to someone in customer service about this free cruise vacation, so I answered and finally spoke with a man who was not only condescending and rude, but degrading and outrageously offensive. I first asked to be taken off of the calling list and he responded the way I thought he would, he was incredulous that i was giving up "such a great offer", I repeated, again politely, that i wanted to be taken off of the calling list and that while I was thankful for the opportunity, I was just not interested in the free cruise.
    After asking a third time i was met with attitude and sarcasm. The agent or call center employee with which I was speaking made fun of my voice, I am very sick and have lost most of my voice, and then he angrily yelled at me for not wanting a free cruise and called me dumb for not wanting this offer. He then went on to say that I was talking like he was going to send me to Iraq! As I was explaining to him why I just couldn't take the offer he actually hung up on me!!
    Well, that was the last straw. Not only have I had a brother die in Iraq, my cousin is there right now! Also, idid not feel like I needed to explain why I did not want this AMAZING vacation opportunity to some rude jerk who made fun of me, my voice, and my family. But I felt that I needed to give him some information in order for him to stop pushing me and leave me alone. So before he rudely hung up the phone I began to tell him that I have a nearly terminal immune disorder that prevents me from traveling. Unfortunately i would love to take a free cruise. It would be very nice, but I am just to sick to travel. This man couldn't have known that, but would have had he just listened and not cannot possibly think that his offensive attitude and rudeness is a good way to do business. I don't know who these people are, or how they do their business but there is no way I will sit by and let some [censor] call me three times a day and then make fun of me and offend me over the phone because I will not buy his "Free" product!!

Never have I been spoken to, by anybody, with such venom and indignation, this should be the end of this company and their condescending salesmen!!

• Wh
    whattha Sep 24, 2010

i was totally misled and bought into everthing they told me, upgraded room, lol, etc...was not told about the out of cotrol sales pitch, 6hrs long. we almost broke from the preasure, and just about signed our names, but at the last moment, came to our senses.all the other people that we spoke to after our cruise, in orlando had some kind of "free" promo. and knew about the sales pitch, but were told about that their gas would be paid for. at that time not one person had anything positive to say . we endedd up refussing to go to the 2nd pitch, and were not given our vochers for universal, $200 we didnt count on.but we wanted to be able to spend 1 day there and were leaving midnite that night.the hotel was off the beatten path, and the food was buffet, and slop at that. nasty. the hotel was also off the highway turn off so the noise and lights were awful. and you could smell truck fumes, the hotel was geting ready to close in a month or 2. go figuire... they had no ice, no computer service, and tvs that were about 30 yrs old, they were the place to stay, 30 yrs ago, lol, no, not really...all and all this was the worst trip i ever took. it was a "surprise" for my husband, and it was NOT my idea of even a ok trip.ive tryed calling and going on line to complain, but thus far the only call ive recieved was the sales department telling me i was elligable for a "free" criuse for going on line. i told gail, the rep after i found out what criuse she was with, that i hope this was being recorded and someone would hear it. they had left about 10 messages on my machine and i was going to call tommorow, they called at the right time tonght. i at least think i got a custumer srvice #. going to call asap, but it got me to googling.and what i just read in the last 2 hrs makes me mad and sick to my stomache.i ended up paying about $1, 200+ for 3night in ft l, 2 night cruise 2 night in orlando with a car, disaster as hubby predicted...

jandwine Oct 08, 2010

Thank you for posting this information as I was going to wait and see if me and my wife would consider this offer ---- now you have saved me from killing someone --- from a free man, I appreciate the time you have spent explaining your experiences in detail --- J

• Al
    All Green Dec 12, 2010

We got trapped to this scam too recently. We got call from Imperial Majesty Cruise Line offering 3-day and 2-night cruise trip plus free hotel and car rental. We were asked to repay $298.00 as reservation fee on August 2, 2010 and reserved our trip from Dec 21-27, 2010. We booked airline tickets to Orlando in Oct and were so excited for our trip. We called the company today (Dec 11, 2010) to confirm the trip (phone number: [protected]), the lady who answered our call told us that our trip was canceled and then put us on hold forever. We called again, and another lady answered the call and told us that the schedule for the trip has been changed and we need to pay $99.00 each ($198.00 for two) to update our trip. We started suspicious on the trip and asked to talk to his manager. We were put on hold again forever. We called them the third time, and the lady Teresa answered our call. After she searched on their system, she told us that our trip is good and no change was needed. We were so happy and asked her to send the schedule to us. She promised to fax to us. She even left her phone extension to us [protected] ext: 4006). We waited for half an hour and did not receive the fax. We then called the fourth time and asked for Teresa. Jewell (ID 7535) answered the call and told us that Teresa was on the other line. We told him the fax, he told us that it took over 7 to 10 day for fax to reach us. We then asked him to confirm our trip, he said that our trip was reserved but no fixed date confirmed yet and we need to call back on Monday to set the date. We asked him the car rental and hotel reservation. He gave us the phone number to Alamo [protected]) and one for hotel Ramada Plaza Resort [protected]) and the reservation number. We called Alamo and hotel to check the reservation. Alamo told us that there is no reservation for us and they even said that they never heard of Imperial Majesty. The answer from the Resort was the same. We finally realized that the trip is totally a scam. We started search on the Internet for Imperial Majesty Cruise Line (http://www.imperialmajesty.com/contact.html) and found out that they stopped accepting reservation since March 2009.

It was too sad that we were trapped. We will appreciate it if someone can instruct us how to stop them from cheating other people and how to get our money back. Thanks. All Green

• De
    Deveda May 12, 2016

OMG! This is 2016 and these people are still at it. I got duped too for a cruise for 2. I just need my money back. the number that I have has gotten me nowhere. No one answers the phone and it doesn't even give the company name.when I call. They also use the number [protected] and use the name VCS Bahamas Cruise. I'm really pissed. I won't stop until I get my money back!

• Ol
    Olsen22 Aug 04, 2016

"Don't Do It!" Is a quote from someone on the internet who did it and went on the cruise.

"I have seen many of representative describe this vacation to be paradise, when truly it is a nightmare. it's not a deal in any way, and they are truly hoping that most folks don't go and they get to keep the money"

I receive a voucher this week regarding Imperial Majesty Cruise Line vacation which I purchased. However, stupid me, I should have researched on the internet. After reading several review I noticed too many negative reviews like and how people got ripped off and asked to upgrade, that I decided "today" the same day I purchased it to cancel the purchase. I spend 15 minutes on the phone and determined not to get off the phone until the purchase was cancelled. To "NO" avail, they "spent" 15 minutes transferring me and asking managers questions regarding cancellation, but they could not credit my account. Then I was asked to call a customer service department which claims to be open until 4:00 yet, I received a recording at 3:00 that they were open M-F from 8:30 - 10:00 pm and on Saturday from 8:00 - 4:00 p. Well it's 3:30 p.m. I called on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. and received the same recording. I called the sales number and immediately again they picked up for a sale. I requested again for a credit and a person by the name of NANCY was very rude that she eventually HUNG up the phone! She said she would call in 2 hours. I never received her call so I called again. This time was told to call customer service which I indicated that I did call and no one picked up the phone, there was a recording and now it was past 4:00 p.m.

At this point there is a charge of $798.00 on my credit card. On the internet, I read so many reviews about people not getting their money back.

This company is a rip-off and someone should do something about the way they operate!