ibuypower.comCustomer Service

J

Do not, no matter how tempting, ever buy a computer from this company. The company is a third party that resell systems that are actually manufactured by other companies. Primarily MSI and the like. Their customer service is all but non-existent, and they provide absolutely no service whatsoever for system drivers - for the systems that they "build."

Search google for them some time, and you will see the many complaints. They are all well founded issues.

If you buy a laptop especially - stay away from this company.

Matt A Jan 13, 2008

I have an IBuyPower Battalion CZ-7 laptop, and it's perfect. It runs fast as hell, and I haven't run into any problems with it. I agree with the tech thing; I was hung up on twice when my credit card was denied, but, when I was connected it was a speedy process and the people were great. Yes, their products are from other ODMs, much like Falcon northwest, Dell, Gateway are all resellers of Compal. It's no secret, only Asus makes their own laptops.

• Ha
    Harry Nobel Jan 21, 2008

I've been waiting 7 months for a $40 rebate on an NZXT computer case. (NZXT apparently is another DBA name of this outfit.)
    So far it seems that these people are DBA under the names:
    NZXT
    iBuyPower
    American Future Technologies
    It takes many tries and many days to get an e-mail response and then it is never the truth (so far).

I agree. Stay away.

• Mi
    michael hsu Feb 06, 2011

your lucky it was 2 weeks mine took 3 months

• Bo
    Bogwog May 02, 2014

You mean... They actually DO respond to ANY of their communications??!!!
    Iv tried emailing them over a defective laptop for the last 8 months! Have yet to get my FIRST acknowledgement of contact! It was used.. and proved to be a piece of JUNK.
    YOU CAN BET I WILL COMPLETELY AVOID ASUS IN THE FUTURE. if they make their own computers... you might want to rephrase that.. to the WANT to make their own, just havent figured out HOW to! So far, I see ENDLESS complaints.. and ENDLESS stories lime my own... NO SERVICE, even for those under warranty.
    I wasted nearly $200 on my Asus compact unit, and an extra battery. Now Im looking for something similar.. but NOT Asus!!
    Im a ham.. and have a field/portable/backpack type radio... a Yeasu FT-817nd, and want(ed) to connect a compact unit.. a keyboard and a display .. and something for a processor.. to do field/portable digital communications. Needs to be light weight, compact, and operate on
    12vdc (nominal) or less voltage, and be USB2.0 compatable to plug into my radio. Tablets need other electronics to operate..
    If anyone has an suggestion and this website allows, forward it to me at [email protected] . Obviously, Asus is OUT!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices