I Q Derma Glowillegal billing on my credit card

In late August, 2009, I ordered a FREE TRIAL of IG Derma Glow on line & was charged s/h of $3.95, as agreed. My October bank statement showed a charge of $96.35 for that "free trial." I spoke w/a representative of that company & was informed that ~ in fine print ~ I was to return the product by Sept. 11 or be charged. I never saw that "fine print, " & even the rep I spoke w/said it was "hard to find, " nonethess, they refused to refund my money & only offered in store credit, even though I offered to return the remainder of the paltry
1.7 & .5 ounces of product (which amounts to $53 an ounce!). I offered to return what was left of the product, which was most of it, but was reminded that I "missed the dealine." Can anything be done to retrieve some of my money?

• Je
    jemstar 1 Jan 14, 2010

this seems to be the case with all of the free trial products, they are not free, You find that you have been charged full price before the 30 days.

• Wi
    William C. Wormuth Mar 23, 2010

On 03/23/2010, I noticed that ny checking account, (Debit card) was billed $82.95, an unauthorized charge. I had subscribed to free trial products and by error failed to return then and was billed (IBI*IQ DERMA GLOW) $78.00, which I did not contest because it was my failure.

I have canceled this recent charge at a cost to me of $35.00. I have tried and failed to contact the company twice. I am in process of sending this info to the NY state Attorney General

• Wi
    William C. Wormuth Mar 23, 2010

• Pa
    paul wojtowicz Sep 18, 2010

same here sent for a free sample and paid the shipping and was duped into being charged 89.00 on my credit card then to add salt to the wound Discover Card takes the I could care less attitude. Trying to resolve this issue with the company and not having any luck at this time

• Bo
    Booozy Dec 07, 2010

What a hoax...bad representation of their Product. I tried the Free Trial and thought I had read the small text and still I am not sure that I ever read that you needed to return the product within 30 days. Not only did they charge the 96.35 but shipped another package out and charged the same amount again. When I called I told the representative that she needed to credit my card immediately for the last charge I was told that I needed to send the package back with one of their Return Authorization #'s and would get my credit back as soon as they receive the package. IT's a Scam as far as I am concerned!!!

• Ga
    gary697 Jan 11, 2011

Same thing here I thought it was free until it came in then I saw it had to be returned. My fault I didn't return it.

I tried to cancel online but they tell me my email address isn't valid but they sent my user name and password to the very same email address they tell me isn't good.

They have kept charging me but they are not even sending the product . I have filed a charge back with my credit card company.

• Bo
    Bonnie Billik Polla May 17, 2016

I am very upset with Derma-Glow and HR cream-found them both on Facebook. Beware-$4.95 is a 14 day trial-then your card is charged approx. $89 dollars each. I disputed my charge. HR cream finally gave me a refund after about 1/2 on phone. Do Not fall for this. Great if you knew about it, or were invoiced. There was no info in the package-no packing slip with details of you must return for the 14 day trial or you would be charged almost $100 for the same small amount of product.