Hydroxatonecompany charges and claims to be free trial...cancel at any time

F

This company offers a free trial for 12.95 they ship the product and tell you that you can cancel at anytime, it is not true. They continue to charge your account even after you contact them to cancel. I had to cancel my credit card and order a new one just to stop their activity.

They will not give you a written confirmation of cancellation and their replies are basically unintelligible. One email from a customer rep says "u was charged". Excuse me, my 2 year old grandson can do better than that.

I did some research online at stop rip offs and find many complaints form others about the exact same practices. I wish I had seen those before I ordered. Silly me..I actually believed they were a real company offering a real product trial.

I hope this helps someone else to think before they "try".

• Lo
    Louise B. Hill Nov 25, 2008

I ordered the product and it didn't work for me so I sent it back and canceled the order and they still keep billing me. It is not free and I'm having a hard time with them to the point where I have had to get a lawyer for help with this company.

Charrison Dec 22, 2008

I ordered this product and cancelled as well. The product is crap. I continued to be charged and will have to cancel my card to stop the charges as well. I called [protected] and continue to get an "all circuits are busy" message. If anyone is reading this before they order from this company, PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DON'T ORDER FROM THEM. This is a total rip-off.

• Ze
    Zen09 May 25, 2009

I should have checked this website out before I made the mistake of ordering Hydroxton on line! I only authorized for the "Free sample" that was to cost $6.95. I was billed $6.95 in January for shipping & handling shortly after I have placed the order. One month later, I was billed also for a cream @ 69.95 for something I didn’t even receive or authorized to order! I called to cancel -- but no one from customer service would call me back. In March, I was billed again for a cream @ 69.95. By the time you realized the scheme, the time limit has expired and you are stuck with it. I have cancelled my order but they still keep billing me. I have had to get a lawyer for help with this company. This product is a rip-off! DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM!

Zen09

• Re
    Read and agreed Sep 05, 2009

Try these phone numbers: Michelle Haines Cust Care Mngr - Hydroxatone
    [protected]
    fax [protected]

• Pa
    paula mayeaux Dec 13, 2009

i cannot get a human to answer the phone.this is false advrt. i called for a free jar they sent 3 and chared it to my credit card s0 it went from 6.95 to 209.85

• Pa
    paula mayeaux Dec 13, 2009

it doe not work when you have to ask some can you tell the difference!!!

• Ba
    Banjolou Dec 25, 2009

I wasn’t told that the product would cost me over $200 after the initial "free" trial, nor was I told that I would be on an automatic shipping list. I tired several times to contact the company to no avail. My credit card company also tried contacting them. Once you get your “free” trial shipment, it is impossible to cancel because they don’t answer their phone. The catalog required customers to call their customer service number before cancelling, but I could never get a person on the phone. It would always direct me to a re-ordering number. I also intend to report this company. It shouldn’t be this hard to get your money re-funded for a runny, thin creme in a fancy jar that doesn’t do a thing for your wrinkles. Believe me, after dealing with this bunch, you’ll have more frown wrinkles than you ever dreamed of! PLEASE DON'T FALL FOR THIS RIP-OFF HYPE.

• De
    De1220 Sep 03, 2010

My son't girlfriend called Hydroxatone from his phone. He was at work. Gave them a CC number - which was not his. I don't know where she got the credit card. Now they are turning him over to Bad credit because it was his name on caller ID. I have called 2x and they still say he is responsible. They said the only way He can get out of this is to fax a police report. There is really no crime of using a person's house phone?
    They will not listen and the balance is 181.85. It took a long time on hold [protected]. Who do I report them to? Dept. of Justice? Consumer reports co? How does a person take action against these companies that are scams?

• Wi
    Wilma Jordan Nov 19, 2010

I'm like some of the other's complaints here . I would like my money back f0r the $69.95 + $6.99 that you charged me for, I have sent it back . I did not like the product, to greasy for me. If you do not refund my money, I have a attorney friend whom I will have him get after you

• El
    eli crawford Dec 13, 2010

keep charging my account

Anon anon Feb 24, 2011

I am in the uk and trying to get an address to send the product too is crazy!!! wish I had read the messages before, totally annoyed with my self now.. Am I able to call my bank and get them to stop the process???? I have had no response to all my emails send and I cannot connect with US number, any help would be great. Thanks

• Ka
    KatarraMJ Apr 18, 2011

So, I ordered the "free trial" of two jars of hydrolyze and recieved THREE jars and a package of vitamin pills that lasts a month. I was NOT informed whatsoever that I would be recieving these itmes and I surely did not ask for them. So after using the product (one jar only), I saw no results and quickly sent everything back correctly: RMA, info., and all the company instructed me to do. And yes, it was before my 30 day trial was over so I would not be charged. So now, two months later I'm looking at my checking account online and see a withdrawal of $69.95. And from who? Hydroxatone Company. So here I am sitting here like wtf, and wondering is there ANY way that I can get my money back or at least the s&h fee. They charged me for items that I did not have or use, they charged me long after I had returned them correctly, and they charged me after directly telling me it was a free trial (with S&H fee). So my last words to those contemplating, PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. IT IS A SCAM!

Anon 3 Jul 15, 2011

I had a similar experience with another company. Sent product back but they kept charging my credit card. I contacted credit card company and filed a complaint and they got my money back and cancelled my credit card and sent me a new one.
    Job sorted! Now more careful and check companies out before ordering. Anon.

• Hy
    Hydroxatone Support Oct 03, 2011

Hi there.

Hydroxatone offers a risk-free trial. We do this to give customers a chance to try our products before buying them. We are sorry your experience was not what you expected and we really hope you give our products another chance. Our risk-free trial comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. This means, if you aren’t satisfied with your results, you can call our customer service and return the products to avoid being charged for the merchandise. It is our goal that our customers have a positive and rewarding experience with both our products and our service.

We’re also sorry that we have been experiencing some difficulties with our international phone lines. This issue has been resolved. If you have any further questions please, please contact us using the information below:

USA/Canada [protected] am – 10 pm EST)
    Australia [protected] (24 hours)
    New Zealand [protected] hours)
    Great Britain [protected] hours)

You can also email me directly at [email protected] to let us know how we can help.

Please note that some mobile phone carriers do not allow toll free 800 numbers to the USA to connect. We suggest using a landline if you are having trouble with your mobile carrier.

• Da
    David Bottomley Nov 18, 2011

I have had the same problem with Hydroxatone in the UK as many of you people in USA. They do not answer emails nor telephone calls and bill you immediately while you are led to believe that you are in the 'Free Trail' period. This is an out and out scam and Hydroxatone should be brought to book and closed down. Are the authorities in US unable to do something about this company?

• Tj
    Tjutta Dec 06, 2011

I cannot agree or disagree with all the adverse comments made, these comments must be true by the people that have had this experience. I can only comment on my experience with Hydroxatone. I ordered a free sample, paid the postage cost $1.99 the sample arrived a 1oz-30g pot no problem whatsoever. I then found out when a second pot arrived that I was now a member and they were going to take from my credit card two amounts of$69.95 one on the 17/11/2011 and one on 17/12/2011 then a similar amount each month until I informed them that I wished to cancel my membership !. I cantacted customer services and told them I did not know anything about being a member? and wished to return the second pot only keeping the free sample, by return I recieved e.mail saying they were very sorry for the misunderstanding and that I could keep both pots and no money would be taken from my card. Result-perfect - Thank you Hydroxatone.
    Regards Tjutta 06/12/2011 England

• Rh
    Rhondarylands Jun 06, 2013

I took a trial of this face cream and cancelled it and now they keep sending other creams

• Ca
    CAROLYN J. GAGLIARDUCCI Jul 08, 2013

I bought many months ago a tub of this cream. First tub was free. The second is costing over 100 dollars. I do not feel as if I should pay for this item in the first place since I have cancelled my order. This company is calling me at work. Please get this company to stop. I have gotten better results from Avon Products.

• Sh
    shadowlw5 Feb 03, 2016

I never accessed this companies web site and I don't know exactly how this is happening. I believe it is somehow associated with or in connection with Dash Cam Pro or they are hacking into Dash Cam Pro's web site and contacting customers that have ordered the Dash Cam Pro.

• Sh
    shadowlw5 Feb 03, 2016

This appears to be some kind of a scam. I read other complaints about these companies. I don't know how it's happening, but it definitely is!

Christina Roseneder Oct 09, 2016

Big scam in Australia too. Aggressive sales. Pops up on facebook offering free samples. Invoices totaling $280. Also uses product names as Bellaplex and Collagenix. They used a woolworths logo to attract me. They recommend you use the products for 30 days prior to making a decision. They have the next payment by then. SCAM SCAM SCAM. Don't touch this!