Hubb NYCUnethical Living Conditions

C Review updated:

After living in New York for 6 years, I encountered the worst management company. The heat in the apartment was not working. The City Housing authority was notified and gave management a citation. I recently moved out and was deducted $500 security with no explanation. Impossible to contact, and disregard their residents.

• Da
    Danielle Hayes Whitney Aug 19, 2016

I cannot imagine HUBB doing this, without being warrented. Perhaps you caused damaged which would lessen your security deposit. This company has been the best we have dealt with in my decade of living in NYC. Their management is PHENOMENAL. My husband is a surgeon and we have difficult hours...they always are accomodating. Our requests are always handled and they treat each tenant we know with respect. We are in 336 E 81st.

@Danielle Hayes Whitney This person is a internet troll

• 99
    99suffolk Nov 23, 2016

Absolutely agreed. They purchased my building early this year and immediately started pricing tenants out of the building with $1000+ rent increases. Worse yet, the building has been under constant construction since they took over, and the noise is borderline unbearable. They regularly run into weekends without permits and avoid providing any kind of updates to residents. They've offered "breaking the lease" in leui of a rent concession. As if that's a favor.

The management team is combatitive, unsympathetic, and uninterested in making things better for the people who currently live here.

@99suffolk Totally agree. 100 %

• Mi
    Ming123 Sep 14, 2017

I had been asked by Hubb NYC and Cooper and Cooper to open my apartment for Open House a few times a week on weekdays from 5.30-7pm and a few times of individual appointments. I don't see how that is reasonable given they've exactly the same apartment below me that is empty that they can use for Open House. They are using my AC and lighting to run their business when I am at home having dinner? They're now threatening to keep my deposit. I would say they are unreasonable and I am glad I'm moving out.

Jack Avoidingthis Jul 13, 2018

@Ming123 You are being stupid. Welcome to NYC, now leave.

Bunch of scumbags. Period

Jack Avoidingthis Jul 13, 2018

They shut off the water when it suits them. And The heat in the winter. Real slumlords

• Ke
    ketzl Sep 08, 2020

These people are the worst!! The apartment below me had a water leak and they came to my apartment to repair said leak through mine. They didn't foam the edges of the pipe and this caused a roach infestation as they were coming through the pipes. I requested extermination on a daily basis. My emails and work orders were being ignored by the property manager. They finally reached out to me and offered an extermination service for the next month. I told them I couldn't wait a month because the roaches were reproducing at a fast pace. In the meantime, I bought all sorts of insecticides to kill the roaches but to no avail. The property manager finally sent an exterminator who only sprayed the kitchen not the whole apartment. I was forced to hire an exterminator to come spray my whole apartment. However, it seems that the roaches invaded other apartments for other tenants are complaining of the same thing.

• Wo
    worn out by hubb Sep 09, 2020

Ive had identical conditions. The people underneath me have roaches in the walls that they hear crawling around when they want to sleep and roaches crawling out of their vent. I am totally infested. The property manager mitchell goldman wants to do as little as possible for as cheap as possible and blames this terrible condition on the tenants. There are also moths nesting and ruining clothes and carpeting. The management doesnt care and again only offers the cheapest least effective service just to say they have done something. Dont move into a Hubb building unless you want to live in an overpriced slum.

• Wo
    worn out by hubb Sep 09, 2020

Im glad to see Im not the only one. These conditions are taking a toll on my health