Hope Now ModificationsFraud, Misrepresentation, Theft

K

Well, we are joining this whole complaint. I truly feel for all of you. We are in the same boat. We started with Hope Now back in September of 2017 BEFORE we were even late on our mortgage. Chris Croce from their office was great until he got our money. $2900 later and I can't reach anyone on the phone, I get anonymous phone calls with updates saying "everything is in the process and going well" . They told me it would take 60-90 days. In January when we couldn't get through to them I finally contacted our mortgage company again who said they NEVER talked with anyone from Hope Now. So as of January we were 3 months behind with no way to catch up...Hope Now told us to absolutely have NO CONTACT with our mortgage company and to NOT PAY OUR PAYMENTS as it would jeaporadize their authority to modify our mortgage for us. We have written, called, demanded and pleaded but get no where. Now I can't even leave a message as the only phone numbers we have either are never answered or their voice mails are full. We sent a certified letter requesting our money back as per the signed contract. They signed for it, but we have heard nothing. I filed a complaint with the BBB in New Jersey, and the Attorney General, but we have heard nothing. Our bank has now taken our home. 12 years and no missed payments till my mother ended up with terminal cancer and we had no way to pay all the back payments. We tried working with our bank Charter Bank, but they would do NOTHING for us. Said it was too late. We have lost everything we ever built up in our lives because of these people and I am just sick. At 55 it is too late for me to every repair my credit after this and ever buy a home again. I just want to puke. THe only thing I can tell you all, is check with your banks. Our bank is trying to work with us to refund the money since we used our Visa debit card and received No service. I have filed a complaint with them and hopefully they can help us. It's all just so sad that at a time when the whole economy is shattered and people like us try to do the right thing, we still get screwed. I hope you all have better luck than we did. Any updates on any success you all have getting refunds, please let us know.

rblake May 19, 2009

i agree 100% hope now took my money and did nothing .now there phones are a fast busy . this meen they have on purpose left them off hook. this is after all there mailboxes are full. they dont answer faxes and the phone numbers for the loan companys are the same way .this is cleary fraud and all the people that work there or any kind of representitive should be arrested and jailed .this includes the lawyers .this should also be made avalable to the federal government because of there plans to help the public . and the news media!!!

• Ka
    kathy Jun 08, 2009

well i too was scammed by hope now modifications chery hill nj in december 2017 i talked with tony johnson who sent me a loan modification package i also sent 824.35 by money order to supposedly be put in an excrow acct till modification was made then would be sent to mortgaage company i also was told not to have any contact with mortgage campany till they finish negotiating with them and not tp pay dec 2017 jan and feb 2017 payments then to start paying arril 2017 payments to keep house out of foreclosure until settlement was readched so like everyone else i called several times and was told file was with negotiaters then i called got voice mail saying to contact them by e-mail i tried with never an answer then now when i call the business phone is out of service i also have filed a complaint with the courts in cherry hill nj and nothing at this time but 3 months behind on mortgage and 824.35 lost kathy in missouri

• Jc
    JCC Jun 15, 2009

In February 2017 I applied with Hope Now to get my loan modified and was told that everything was was going to take 60-90 days to process. They even told me not to pay my mortgage because it will only go to back of loan. I've been calling Clifford Grimes and emailing him and no answer, voice mail full and now disconnected. They have taken my money and something really need to be done about this company. They even have the attorneys in on it @ [protected].

• Ge
    GeanD Jun 16, 2009

I am really sorry to hear about your experience. I know a guy that does Loan Modifications and Forensic Loan Audits. he has also been successfull at getting most of my money i thought i lost back for me. He has my modification now and he reccomended that i never listen to anyone tell me to not atleast make the effort to make my obligated payment. Jake Adams is his name, he is honest and above all fair. He does charge but not until he does something for you. He is pretty good and provides us with status updates weekly. I couldnt be happier. Even if he is not successful atleast i am comfortable knowing that he was honest and exhausted all my options dilligently. You should contact him. [protected] American Loan Modification Group, LLC

DLREX Jun 19, 2009

I too, was a victim of fraud. I sent Hope Now Modifications 1500.00 October 16, 2017. I've tried calling them many times to find out how our situation was coming along. Like everyone else I was lucky if I heard from them once a month. If I did, they would say it's still being reviewed.I know one day I called them at least 4 times leaving messages and never heard back from them. The phone number is now diconnected. Not surprized. It's been almost 10 months. I don't know what to do or who to call to get my money back.This country shouldn"t let people get scamed like this, not just this company but many others ( things they sell, ect.) do the same thing and keep getting away with it. It's all about money. I'M FEED UP!!! Dorothy Perryville MD

DLREX Jun 20, 2009

I think these complaints should be sent to the president so he see what's going on in this country!

mack1212 Jun 23, 2009

You can do the mod for free it takes time but it can be done. Any Loan Mod company should tell you that right from the start.

stephkayc Jun 23, 2009

I sent a letter to President Obama months ago and never got a response...so no luck there.

stephkayc Jun 23, 2009

Do you know the name of the new company?? I do, but it cant be posted here. You can contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com

• Kc
    kcsummer Jun 30, 2009

I contacted them as well about a loan modification and paid to fax in all kinds of information yet never got a call back. whenever I called I was always told to just "wait" and someone would write me. I initially contacted them about October of 2017.

Finally in June 2017 I called and they said I wasn't qualified. No one wrote me and no one can say why I'm not qualified I'm just not qualified. No one notified me I just kept calling back.

I'm on disability with little resources but I suppose the fact that I let my other bills go to stay on top of my mortgage payment means I don't qualify.

I've had a serious downturn in income but no help is available.

Where did all that bailout money go coz I don't see anybody getting help.

mack1212 Jul 15, 2009

Sadly I worked there for 3 weeks. I am happy to say I never had a client. This was the worst experience ever. The two key guys are Nick and his brother Sal. I saw emails they sent always saying sell never giving any updates on any real work done. I am not sure if they even got one modification done. I know that had to have had the employess screw over thousand of people. I am happy that the FTC did step in and I think they are shut down.

mack1212 Jul 15, 2009

You need a hardship letter that explains why you are or may fall behind. Work with the lender directly, the lender does not want to forclose they lose money on that. I deally you refinance if that does not work or is not a option then the loan mod is step two. The loan mod takes time but can be done. You may get the run around from the lender but hang in there. If the loan mod is not an option then there is a short sale, basically you sell the house for less than it is worth, final option forcloseure. The lender would much rather have the options of 1 or 2 so you keep making payments and they make money. A short sale is not ideal for either party and forclosure costs the lender lots of money.

• De
    Deb V Jul 16, 2009

We applied in December, 2017, and was told that it would take 3 weeks to complete. We stopped paying our mortgage and after months of phone contacts to them, promises that they would call us back, came very close to losing our house altogether. Our house was to be sold on the courthouse steps and they did very little to even update us. Fortunately, our mortgage company worked with us and we didn't lose our house, but we believe it was due to the economy. Had it ben any other time, our house would have been long gone. This has been a $1500 lesson because now I've written to them and the mail keeps coming back, RETURN to SENDER. How nice! Like I said, a costly lesson.

rblake Aug 04, 2009

I AGREE THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS .WE NEED A CLASS ACTION AGAINST THEM ! DO ANY OF THE NEWS MEDIA READ ALL THESE COMPLAINTS . THEY SHOULD .SOME ONE SHOULD SEN IT TO THEM .IF I KNEW HOW I SURE WOULD . IVE CALLED SEVERAL NEWS PLACES .BUT THEY ARE SO FULL OF THER OWN AGENDA THEY CANT SEE THE FORET FOR THE TREES .

rblake Aug 05, 2009

first if we all knew where to go we would have done it in the first place ! THESE PEOPLE TOOK ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE WHEN THEY NEEDED IT MOST AND DEFRAUDED US ! A LOT OF US AND THE NEED TO BE JAILED FOR THERE CRIMES. IVE GONE TO ANOTHER COMPANY THAT IS GOOD AND ARE DOING THERE JOB . THESE WERE A BUNCH OF LAWYERS WHO KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING AND THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THEM ! o by the way have any one seen the complaints about bank of america /? there worse only converting 4% of ther loans and misleading the borrowers until its to late for many/because its more profitable to screw the public and make bigger bonnuses. they have been sued again for fraud in california and more is on the way!!!

DLREX Aug 06, 2009

I wrote a letter to the Attorney Generals Office in MD. They told me to contact Maryland Commission on Financial Regulation. I did so and they are trying to help anyone who delt with Hope Now get their money back.They are checking out at least 10 people from Maryland who are in the same situation. So if anyone needs help get in touch with The Commission of Financial Regulation in your state.
    DLREX

• Sy
    SYLVIACORRELL Sep 16, 2009

I WAS ALSO TAKEN FOR 1500 DOLLARS NOTHING WAS EVER DONE FOR US EITHER JUST OUT ALL THAT MONEY WHICH WE DID NOT NEED TO LOSE SO NOW WE ARE STILL DOING A MODIFICATION NOW WITH OUR MORGAGE PEOPLE WE ALMOST LOST OUR HOUSE WELL ITS STILL COULD HAPPEN HOPELLY NOT WE NEED TO GET OUR MONEY BACK THER E MUST BE SOMEBODY OUT THAT CAN HELP US THAT WAS HOPENOW MODIFICATION IM TALKING ABOUT TERRIBLE PLACE PLAYING ON PEOPLES BAD LUCK [protected]@YAHOO.COM

• Ca
    Carolyn Theus Oct 03, 2009

Oct. 03, 2017

I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND SEE THAT THE PEOPLE WHO WOKED AT HOPE NOW AND COUNTRYWIDE GO TO JAIL AND ROT IN THERE FOR STEALING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FROM INOCENT PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF. I DO NOT HAVE $2427.00 TO GIVE AWAY! I NEEDED THAT MONEY TO PAY MY MORTAGE NOW!!! PLEASE HELP ME GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THESE CROOKS!!!

CAROLYN

DLREX Oct 05, 2009

I can't beleive this is taking so long to get our money back. It's been a year since I went through Hope Now. If it was us we would have already been in jail!

stephkayc Oct 05, 2009

I don't know if this will help but Hope Now is now called Colonial Financial Soulutions.

• Ge
    getthemall Dec 24, 2009

so who all is going to the can for this????
    I hope everyone in the cherry hill office goes along with other's that were involved.
    I'm so upset to see how many people were effected by GREED!!!

• Co
    Cory D. Jan 10, 2011

What a complete waste of time for the hope company in delray beach florida. Between the stupidity down there and the lack of knowledge and well being of what is going on I have lost faith in people. They could not schedule or coordinate meetings and phone calls to save there lives. They basically stole 795 dollars from me and after I was denied from both my lenders all they could say was that all they could do was resubmit. I was never told that I might be denied and this process could take over 6 months even though they told me I qualify and took my money the same day. Joe Macoluso, Tammy, and company demonstrated horrible business ethics and showed that they should not be in customer service let alone deal with the public. I clearly sent them denial letters and they can not do anything for me other then blowwing me off and not returning my calls. So thank you HOPE company for putting me infurther debt. I hope someday you get what is coming to you!