Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Home & Garden Home Depot Refrigerator that I purchased has not yet been delivered as promised

Home Depot review: Refrigerator that I purchased has not yet been delivered as promised

S
Author of the complaint
4:32 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On March 25, 2022, I went to Home Depot in Riverside to purchase a floor model of a refrigerator for immediate delivery due to an urgent need for a working refrigerator at home. After talking to salesperson for a while, she convinced me the delivery could not be done immediately. It would take a few days no matter what. So, I agreed to the purchase of a new refrigerator with the promised delivery date that ended up to be of April 4, 2022 (to my surprise when the payment was officially executed in writing).

On April 4, 2022, I received a text saying on my cell phone indicating that the refrigerator would be delivered within 1/2 hour. I was waiting outside my house (without the cell phone on me at that time). After waiting for approx. half an hour past the appointed time, I came inside the house to make a call. I found a voice message saying that the truck was too big to come up the driveway to the front of my house. They were gone without me knowing if they were actually there at my house. (This is a city street. Other trucks made deliveries regularly.)

I called Home Depot number that was shown on the Appliance Delivery sheet and talked to an agent. I was informed that the delivery date had been rescheduled to April 13 (without my acknowledgement - without any specific time). I appealed to the agent who agreed with me that the change from April 4 to April 13 was very unreasonable and unacceptable. I was told then that the delivery agent will call me to discuss a new date and time within 24 hours. The call never came. I called Home Depot many times since then (almost on a daily basis). Each time, I was promised that someone would call me. No call was ever got to me.

In late afternoon of April 13, after waiting all day - not knowing the specific time, I was told by Home Depot agent that the delivery was completed. I told her that it was absolutely not true. After a brief fact-finding session, both Home Depot and the delivery agents promised me that the delivery would be made on April 15, and was told that I would be called for a specific time later on that date. No call. No discussion. No delivery.

As of today, still no delivery.

View 0 more photos