Higbee and Associates & Mathew K. Higbee - ScammersRecordgone.com total scam

W

Watch out for Mathew Higbee and his scam companies. Higbee & Associates operates under numerous alias's including Recordgone.com, and Mathew K Higbee.

These theives run around on the internet posting fake positive reviews about their company. The truth is they need to post all these fake reviews because they are scamming inoccent people out of their hard earned money. Using Recordgone.com or one of his other shell companies Mathew Higbee and his "team" are charging thousands of dollars for work they never complete. They offer all kinds of fancy promises through their websies, but at the end of the day their service is complete junk and they will give you the run around over and over until they stick you with a multi thousand dollar bill. When you question the bill and services not delivered they will then threaten to sue you.

Mr. Higbee is nothing but a cut rate low life lawyer. Instead of chasing ambulances, Higbee & Associates is out chasing people that have been hurt online. In my mind this group of crooks is even lower then the ambulance chasers.

It would be one thing if this firm actually did what they said for the cost they said, but instead they don't perform the work and just completely rip you off.

Read around on the other complaints about these crooks. They have done a good job of plastering the web with fake reviews, but don't fall for it!

• Le
    lesley252 Aug 13, 2020

hello what is the update on some of you did they pursue it in court are these all in the USA?

• Rn
    rnf-lv Mar 04, 2020

so what is the current status on this higbie company??? Can they take me to court or no?
    Or, is this just a scare tactic to get a settlement?
    they initially asked for $700+, and a "pay now" before it goes up...
    then it went to $2000+, now its a $4040.00.
    Any advice would be appreciated...

• Bi
    Bicks Oct 03, 2019

They started sending me emails two years ago that I copied a photo. It was on Google images but I was new to blogging at the time and didn’t think to look for the infringement. First they told me to take the picture down, and I did. Then sent me a notice I owed them several hundred dollars. I wrote to ask them for the registration number but they didn’t answer me.

Several days ago, Higbee contacts me and now they want $985 and said they are filing a lawsuit. Once again, I asked them for the registration number and they just replied it wasn’t registered yet.

Should I hire an attorney?

• Benji Ivers Jan 15, 2019

I did some digging and found out some useful information about their copyright work.

This site provides a lot of useful information about who they have sued, it is a long list, and what the demands amount are. http://copyright-demand-letter.com/higbee-associates-copyright/

The magazine Fast Company did an article about how they use search engines to find people using their images, https://www.fastcompany.com/40494777/here-come-the-copyright-robots-for-hire-with-lawyers-in-tow

They love to boast about their successful extortion cases on Twitter and their web page:

RM Media LTD wins $17, 500 for infringement of 2 images offered via Creative Commons

Summary judgement denied to BackChina in infringement case

Alex Wild wins $15, 000 copyright infringement judgement

Chris Sadowski wins $30, 000 copyright infringement judgement

Michael Grecco wins $45, 000 default copyright infringement judgement

Michael Grecco wins $60, 000 copyright infringement judgement

Sadowski wins $50, 000 copyright infringement judgement

Mathew K Higbee Dec 06, 2018

Feel free to reach out to me if you’re being harassed by Mathew K Higbee and Associates. [email protected] - I’ll say it’s been pretty easy to find out how his operations work or don’t work. It’s been pretty easy to slow him down in my opinion from hurting others. Email me and I can share some tips for how to fight back.

• Je
    JeanneW Jan 10, 2019

@Mathew K Higbee Higbee and Associates is asking for over $1500 from us. Any suggestions would be a help. They seem to have a scam but are using the law to run it so that the victims do not have a choice but to pay. We just don't have the money or it will mean cutting out food and/or shelter.

• St
    stockwizard1000 Sep 17, 2018

Hello,

I just received a letter from Higbee demanding $2, 700 or they are sueing for $150, 000. They say it is on behalf of PicRights and the Picture is an AP photo. Here is the photo I found by googling Wall Street Pic and used on my site:

I just emailed the AP directly to ask if they have hired Higbee to go after me for this picture copyright violation, so we shall see what they come back with...I am a little freaked out, because that lawsuit would break me.

• En
    enimsa88 Jul 21, 2020

@stockwizard1000 did the AP reply to you?

• Da
    Daniel H. Jul 25, 2018

I just spoke to the supervisor of this firm and this firm is garbage, scam artists and pure attorney trash. If any of you people get a letter from this firm trying to scam you our of money for an online picture, email me at [email protected] and I will either help you bury them or get you an attorney that will. These idiots are worse than attorneys that file frivolous disability lawsuits. Do not pay. Again, if you copied & pasted a picture from online (regardless of the website) and NO Copyright seal is shown or it is a public venue, there is NO copyright. Also, if it has been there for some time and has been distributed and re-distributed at least 1 time prior to you, copyright is no longer enforceable. Tell these leeches to go pound sand.

• Pe
    Pete Wheel Aug 16, 2018

@Daniel H. Daniel, Just working on responding to a Higbee and Assoc. demand on behalf of another scam, PicRights.com. Thanks for your offer to help. I am in the process of writing my response now. Your comments are helpful. Can send my response to you if you are interested. Pete [email protected] [protected]

• Da
    Daniel H. Jul 25, 2018

I have many stories regarding this idiot and his scam firm extorting money from people and I must state...you people need to stop paying and fight this monkey. If your attorney can't fight the fact you found a picture online and thus NO copyright exists as it has already been in the free market and distributed countless times thereby negating any claims by any supposed owner. Sorry some people lost money but, read the law next time and make your attorney too.

• Je
    JeanneW Jan 10, 2019

@Daniel H. Can't afford a lawyer.

• Benji Ivers Jan 11, 2019

@JeanneW I just got sued by these lawsuit happy, fascists. The hot shot copyright lawyer I called for help said it is going to cost me at least $10, 000 if I want to fight the lawsuit... and apparently it does not matter if I found the image online and it did not have a watermark or copyright notice.