HertzInsurance coverage

J Apr 06, 2020

My name is Jenna Kulakowski, I picked up a rental on February 19, 2020 in Revere, MA which was covered through my auto insurance. The customer service rep offered me an additional insurance for a "one time fee" of $25. I figured, sure why not. He failed to explain that I did not need it because my auto insurance would have covered any accidents. So a month later I notice an $800 charge on my credit card and I called Hertz to figure out what was going on. After reaching a supervisor, he sends me my signed agreement and tells me to look over it carefully and proceeds to say that there is nothing he can do because I signed it. Apparently the coverage is $25 per day and that's how I raked up these charges. Although the rep at the rental location was misleading of the information and never provided me with the agreement before actually signing it, the supervisor kept referring me to review the signed document. I pleaded with the supervisor to show some compassion especially during this COVID-19 epidemic and I am out of work not able to afford this, but he could care less. I'm aware that you should always check what you are signing, however the rep was misleading with information and scammed me into buying coverage I never needed from the beginning. I was looking to receive a refund but unfortunately it doesn't seem like I will ever receive one with this company. Rental agreement #H32398763

RESOLVED

• Hertz's response · Nov 29, 2020

Ms. Jenna Kulakowski entered into a contract with the Hertz Corporation on February 2nd, 2020. In accordance with the provided Signed Rental Agreement our records show he accepted the optional coverage for the Loss Damage Waver (LDW). These optional coverages were used during the rental between February 2nd through March 19th.

We encourage our customers to review the Signed Rental Agreement before leaving our facilities. If a discrepancy is found the customer can ask our agent to remove the discrepancy and reissue and new agreement.

Adjustment credits are based on information which, in this case, does not support an adjustment to the additional charges billed. As we were not present for the conversation between yourself and our representative, we must rely on documentation available. In accordance to the Signed Rental Agreement the charges are valid, and no adjustment is warranted. While I understand this is not the outcome you were anticipating, I hope you will respect our position on this matter as we consider it having been fully addressed.