Guaranteed Consumer FundingTerrible customer service!

I have tried contacting Cec solutions for over a week after I signed up over the phone. They are supposed to draft my checking account $99 on the 9th of Feb and I still have many questions that I was told could be answered by customer service. To date I have spent over one hour a day on the phone trying to get through to customer service. Not once have I spoken with a human being. It almost seems like a boiler room operation. A recorded message with a notification to leave a voicemail at the end and a assurance that you will be contacted twenty four hours later. This isn't happening. NO return phone calls.

Trying to sign up for the service is a breeze and you are connected to a representative in seconds. I would be glad to utilize this service I just want some questions answered by someone from the company. It is outrageous that I have not been able to get through to customer service. I have left idle threats, because I don't want money drafted from my account without these questions answered. What if I have a problem with my account, is it going to take months before I get a response. GCF makes buku money on these systems and I understand that it is a lower tiered credit program, but this is no excuse for shoddy customer service. I hate to have to do this, but this borders on obscene.

#1. What is the Navigation system and Mp3 player I will be receiving? (make, model, etc).
#2. Can I set up the payments to be taken quicker as I will be getting my income tax refund?

If I can not get those questions asked I will simply place a hold on this $99 from being withdrawn. I have yet to receive the welcome package from the company, and I refuse to do business if CEC can't resolve these simple questions. I was looking forward to this opportunity but this whole experience has really left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

norman seal Feb 19, 2008

i cant get in touch with these people. i had an order but canceled the next day & they still took money out of my account 400.00 worth how do i get my money back

norman seal Feb 19, 2008

i finally got some way of contacting cec. i went to www.gcf4all, then to there home .then how program works,hit learn more,hit quality assurance. then customer service faqs hit click here, & i got to email them my problem , now ill wait and see if i here from them.

• Ca
    Cathy Feb 21, 2008

I just achieved some contact, after I read my contract. I have been trying to get them also and feel that if I can't get help before I even get my product what kind of service will I receive after. the $99.00 has already been withdrawn and an additional 49.00 or so, I was under the impression that everything was a done deal with the arrangement we made over the phone in the begining, but as with you I could not get through to even discuss the contract after I read it ( with it's maybe's and if's) I want to feel confident in what was promissed, the other things that was mentioned was fixing credit, but in the letter I received they will tell me how to do it myself things I already know how to do this. Also , my intent was to just get a computer and repair my credit.
    I just recieved a call from the company and was told that the money that was drafted from my account was not refundable at the time of my order that $99.00 was non refundable. They ask you to give them a date that they can withdraw from your account but don't send the paper work out until they have already taken your money which is also non refundable. I feel that this is a real scam, they would have made $ 139.00 from everyone who even give them an order and find out it not what they want. It is companies like this that keep people from ever wanting to order anything if it is not from a store.

• Re
    renee Feb 23, 2008

well, i paid $99.00 plus 34.95 every week since sept. 17th of 2007. and every week they have taken $35.00 out of my account. As of today, 2/23/08 i still haven't recieved my computer. I call them and they tell me that dell computer company is out of glass they use to make the monitors. This has been the same story since the last of November. I an giving them one week to produce my computer as agreed on or I will take legal action against them. I am tired of the hassle and paying for something that I haven't recieved. Good luck guys, i would never do this kind of thing again. if you ever want to speak with anyone at the company, you have to hold the line until someone answers...don't give up!!!!!!

• Te
    teresa montgomery Mar 03, 2008

I paid initial fee, they started 2 accts and debited out of both accts for a total of 4 times and i wanted the money reimbursed back into my acct for the second acct and they wouldn't do it. I have been paying since december of 2007 and to date, haven't received a computer.

Mark Mar 06, 2008

You guys are complete ###s who have bought these computers. What about the girl who has been paying $35 a week for 5 months and still hasn't got her computer. What planet are you ###s from? Are you all 14 years old? A new computer costs $500. Not $35 times 72 months = $2520.

• Da
    Darryl Blackwell Mar 14, 2008

I wanted to increase my payments, so I could recieve my compter as soon as possible, but I cant seem to get up with any one to take my request or complaint. I feel as if your company is taking me on an unwarranted ride of EXTREME unsatifaction along with question about your program package, to find out if I needed to request more or what!!!! At this point I angry, & extremely upset

• Ri
    ricardo Mar 17, 2008

This company is a big joke. I signed up and paid the $99 and in addition they took out $52 every two weeks for a period of 9 months that's around $1,800. I overlooked the paper work in the mail but continued to make the payments. Before I new it, I had paid the entire balance off. I didn't have any record or phone number and I tried to find them on the net under GCF but I couldn't until someone helped me and said it was gcf4all.com I was able to get the customer care number and I called. I was literally on hold for 50 minutes. Luckly, I was in a hospital waiting room and actually had the time to sit there and wait. Finally, low and behold a human being answered the phone. I explained to him my situation, he told me that they never received my signed letters but that I had in fact already paid all but one more payment of $52 and one last charge of $42 for something else I didn't really understand. I was told the same story about how Dell was out of the glass they use to make the monitors and I would have to wait three weeks. This was around the end of Jan. 2008 and they told my to expect my computer during the week of FEB. 25 - mar. 2. and if I didn't receive it to call them back. Well, it's march 17 and I still haven't received anything but headaches. I'm really disappointed at myself for falling into something like this. If anyone knows how to get justice from these people please e-mail me at [email protected]; title it gcf4all so that I don't delete it as junk mail. We should file a class action lawsuit against them. Any takers?

• Ed
    eddie Mar 31, 2008

Yes I fell for this company.if u could call this a company? I have been trying to get my computer since oct.2007 I paid my 5 payment so I could recieve my computer fast.lol they gave me an excuse about the glass problem in dell. well then I change banks but still made my payments an inform cec about it. They said that this would cause a problem on me getting my computer. so I told them that I was going to pay in full which I did in jan. They gave me a due date 23 to 28 of march. the date came an went. I called dell an they told me to get ref.no. from cec so they could locate my computer, well I call cec for a ref.no. an after waiting for a long time which is normal for them. The women told me after I told her what dell told me that the supervisor which I have talk to him befor an do not trust him was going to call me, he never did I am going to fine me a lawyer and call consumer fraud. I am so mad at my self because I never thought this could happen to me..

Chad Apr 10, 2008

Thank you to all that have posted all of this!!! I was recentyl going to buy/ get involved with this company to get a Plasma? Until I have seen all of the fraud!!

You all need to group together print out all of these bad reviews!! Take them to a good Lawyer!!!

SINK THIS COMPANY!!!

Luke Apr 14, 2008

The computers that this company is trying to get you to buy are extremely outdated. The $50/week computer has the same specs of a computer that I bought 5 years ago. These computers can be bought for well under $500 on ebay. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They are charging over $2500 for a computer not worth $500. Dont be an idiot and buy a computer with this company!

• De
    Debra Cochran Apr 15, 2008

This is outrageous!!! I am on the phone waiting for someone to answer. It's been20 minutes so far. Every time I have called it's been the same thing.They just hung up on me for the second time. I am not allowing them to take any more of my money. My bank is aware of the scam and my account is on hold to close first thing in the morning.My suggestion to anyone else out there is to do the same and report them to the BBB.I only lost $168.96 before I caught on. I feel for those of you who lost more and you should take action against them legally. I did not lose much but I am filing an official lawsuit against them for failure to comply with what they say they are going to do. We do have rights. Bottom line... it's a scam and they should be STOPPED!!!

• Mo
    Mo Apr 20, 2008

It is so unfortunate that people will take advantage of others in such a way.
    I also do not have the best credit but, after watching GCF commercial on the TV, I decided to find out about them since I was looking for a additional computer. I found only negative things said about them and so, instead I chose to order a certified refurbushed desktop from Dell, (it comes with the same warranty as the new ones) from their outlet center online. The computer works .and looks great and best of all was only $249. Dell also alows you to split your payments between two types of accounts, which I did, in order to pay for it. The only thing is that it does not come with is a monitor but, I brought a used one for $50 and speakers which basic ones are about $20. I hope you can all get your money back and I just wanted to provide another option for someone that has poor credit like myself.

• Ti
    Tiffany Hampton Apr 28, 2008

I paid guaranteed-consumer-funding $588.00 .i ask them could i get money back they said no because their is no refund.another person tells me i would how to write letter telling them why i need my money this company is not a good one .i would`nt tell my dog to buy anything from them.i also gave them my banking imformation these people want more.this is a bad bad bad bad !!! to deal with.

• Wi
    wisdom Jun 04, 2008

Each one of you really need to go to your local Policy department and file Theft charges on them, after that has been done go to your local Court and file a small claims case against them, once you have doen this they will have to appear in person to answer the charges, if they are conducting business in the manner thatyou state, they will not appera, once this happens request that the Court award yu a judgement, get the judgement attached and then try and collect that way, Take that information to the bank and see if they will attempt to reverse the payemnts and pull your money back, Companies like this only get away with the BS because people let them. Also if you have poor credit, go to Walmart and put in a credit appilication and state that it if for a PC, in most cases Walmart will meet you 1/2 way. Do not let yourself be a victim...

• Fl
    Florence Williams Jun 04, 2008

I took the trial bottle of ColonSmart I paid $4.95 on 4/7/08. On 5/28/08 I was charged $88.97, I received two more bottles I then returned them but got no refund. The reasons were, I got very sick after taking these pills. Along with the return I send a note telling them I don't anymore of the pills. I did not hear from them until now. Today is 6/4/08 On 6/3/08 another $88.97 was taken from my account, what is wrong with this picture? I would like for them to cancel this and don't send anymore and stop going into my account.

• Gl
    Glenda J. Reed Jun 15, 2008

Same here, I have been trying since September, 2007 to receive a refund from this bogus company. I was one of the first who reported them to rip-off and I have not had any luck getting my money refunded. I think we should all get together and file a class action lawsuit. This has got to stop and they are making money and advertising like crazy. And for the insensitive jerk that made that comment about us being ###s, YOU must be a ### to make such an insensitive and callous remark. I wouldn't be surprised if you work for the company!

• Bo
    Bobbi May Jun 18, 2008

I have been paying $89.96 every other week. I still have not received my computer. I was told I would receive a printer combo for free. The now tell me I have been paying for a $259.00 printer, give me a break, you can get printer for 10% of what I have been paying. I was treated very nasty by a customer service rep. and her supervisor. Please tell anyone you know to SYAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

• Os
    oskar hwass Aug 13, 2008

this company is no differnt then blue hippo, i dont see how they are allowed to keep in buisness, and no one can stop them! Blue hippo got me and had to change accounts to stop them from removing anymore money, i wish someone could do somthing about these people

• Bo
    Bobbi May Aug 16, 2008

I would like to update my complaint.
    I think there are a few real customers that might have the wrong impression of how this program works. After speaking with another supervisor I now
    understand that I was under the wrong impression and I would encourage all of the real customers that are not trying to defraud G C F, to call and learn how to remove your purchase out of lay-away which was
    the confusing part for me. I was not willing to loose any money and after speaking to G C F, I've learned
    they are not trying to take people's money. They always deliver merchandise either through lay-away
    to people who default or through financing after you're approved. Also, I learned that I was influenced
    by a lot of these anonymous complaints that are not real customers, just slander by other competitor companies. It's a very competitive industry.

• Do
    Dorothy Hawley Aug 26, 2008

07/07/08 made down payment of 99.00. 07/09/08 made 4 payments equal to 179.89.After that made payment every week after until 08/06/08.I stop payment because i never received a shipping date or my computer. Now they will not return my calls or e-mail messages. I am trying to get a refund back. Also i never sign the second set of papers.

Chris Wood Sep 02, 2008

Hey everybody. My name's Chris and I work for a call center that sells for GCF. Whereas I don't necessarily agree 100% with they way they do business, you can kind of understand it. People scoff at the price of everything, but you can sort of compare it to the price of car insurance. Somebody who has just gotten their license or has abused their right to drive through reckless driving or DUIs, etc. would certainly have to pay more to get the same sort of thing as people who have been known to be responsible drivers. That is exactly the same as credit. Someone just starting out with no credit or someone who has abused their credit is seen as more of a risk by companies, so the price is increased as insurance. GCF is willing to take the risk of working with this demographic of people, and that's why all of their policies are so strict.
    The other thing I want to point out is that the internet is a breeding pit of negativity. With every company that takes in as many orders as we do, there are bound to be mistakes. We're only human. I can safely say, however, that for every single disgruntled customer there are at least thirty or forty more that are more than happy with how our program worked for them, and are probably using their computers right now. To be frank, most of the time, when people don't get their computers it's their fault. Nobody likes to admit that, but it's true. Either they don't send back the paperwork correctly, or they miss one of the crucial layaway payments, or don't give their information correctly. Now, I'm not saying that's always the case, and I'm sure a good deal of people here have fallen victim to honest mistakes. GCF is NOT out to scam people. We're not malicious, and we do not laugh when somebody gets screwed over. Our real goal is to get computers to people at a price that they can afford and with terms that protect the both of us. Overall, as I said, we end up helping exponentially more people than we hurt.

There, I've said my piece. Let the flames begin.

• Bc
    BC Sep 14, 2008

Chris,

You seem like a decent person. So, when my mother calls tomorrow to cancel her order with GCF, I hope she talks to you.
    If not and all does not go well, I hope I speak to you when I call tomorrow evening after work. On the other hand, YOU may not be trying to scam anyone, but someone at your company is doing just that.

When my mom called, the first person she talked to told her the payment would be $39.99 per month for a year. The next person told her $39.99 a week (the truth) for a year. When she corrected that person, the young lady said "oh yes, that's right $39.99 a month." The value of the computer is supposedly $700.00. If she pays $39.99 a week, she will pay approx. $2000.00 for a $700.00 desktop computer. Furthermore, they told her that they would ship software that was worth a great deal of money to sweeten the deal. A computer shoud come loaded with software and then the customer should be able to choose adddtional extras at their discretion. The salesperson capitalized on the fact that it was obvious, my mom had never purchased a computer before.

They told her she would have 3 weeks to put the $99 in her bank account for the down payment. Then her computer would ship. No one mentioned layaway. They certainly did not mention paying approx. $160.00 a month. I went to the website and then had to tell my mother that she would not be getting the computer she was looking forward to receiving (that she should immediately cancel the transaction).

As for the company being altruistic in dealing with people with little or no credit, one does not need to read or listen between the lines to know this is all about profit. Charging someone who can't go out and buy a computer outright almost three times the price is in no way a favor.

Yes Chris, I hope my mother and I are fortunate enough to speak to you tomorrow. If not, I'll be talking to a lawyer and the BBB the next morning.

• Lo
    louis Sep 15, 2008

Well, gues what after all of that game was done, I told them to gimme my money back cuz I don have the merchandice from them n they told me u already have signed on the contract . This is not a good company . Somebody should sue them seriously . I collected all of the money that they were taking and I banned myself from alot of things cuz am a student and finally after 7 months of waitin no computer no money back, nothing. I wish they them the worest things in the world .

• Mi
    Misty Sep 25, 2008

First off I want to say to CHRIS, that this company is a joke. I understand where you are coming from about taking in risky customers BUT: I have made all of my payments ontime and still have yet to receive my computer. I was supposed to receive my computer in August, but low and behold it never came. Everytime I call about the shipping date, which has changed multiple times for different reasons, I get the run around. They said I could get my tracking info on Sept 19, this was a lie too. When I called to get this information, I was informed that my account was being audited due to the recession. When I asked to speak to the Auditing deptartment, I was told that no one was there. Kind of funny that the woman I spoke to said she recieved a message back from them about my account while I was on the phone with her. When I asked to speak to her supervisor, she said they were not available, but she would have them call me back. Yeah right. I don't even know how they can blame me for the recession, how is that my fault. These people got $1, 034.52 out of me before I finally said enough is enough. How can you sleep at night knowing that you rip people off everyday?! And yes I will be filing a theft report against GCF with the local PD, and I will pursue this further. Anyone else wanna join me?

• Ti
    Tiana Sep 27, 2008

This company is dead wrong they took, & still are taking my friends for one heck of a ride. first of all can anybody answer this question for me & them? HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF A COMPANY STOPPING PAYMENTS BEING PAID ON TIME EVERY MONTH BEFORE THE PERSON PAYING THE MONEY GETS TO TOUCH HIS OWN MONEY? see he had direct deposit. this company told them they don't believe they can afford the payments so the can't get their computer. oh did i forget to mention they do however believe they can afford the layaway plan which is even more money every two weeks. oh the were supposed to get the computer next month but the same day the company decided not to again because they found out how many children they have. now all of a sudden they can't afford the payments but they had the same amount of children when they signed now paying them almost 700.00 as of this day.

• La
    laura Oct 03, 2008

I stopped all charges on my account and my bank is going to file a suit against them and get the money back from them which they gave to me. What a scam, as a single mom struggling to make ends meet i thought it would be a great idea for christmas what a lie. CEC 8200 greensobo drive suite 900 or guarenteed consumer fiancin you can kiss my ###.

• Valerie Nov 26, 2008

I ordered the computer in March, 2008. I pay regular and on time, still no computer. They tell me to wait another month Dell is backed up. I am so fed up. We all need a lawyer and a class action against this company.

• Js
    jshcastle Jan 25, 2009

honestly, ive seen these companies before, they charge people outrageous amounts of money for whats promised to be great merchadise, but what turn out to be absolute peices of ###. i went on their site and just skimmed over the computers listed. THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY NOT WORTH THE MONEY. paying 1500$+ for a computer that cost them, get this, LESS THAN 400, is not something i would advise. get the facts before buying from this(or any other) rip-off companies. and again, BEWARE OF CREDIT MERCHANDISE!

• Sw
    SWEET67 Mar 24, 2009

WARNING ******WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING****WARNING****WARNING**********LET ME DO SOME CLARIFYING TO ALL POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS OF CEC SOLUTIONS AND GCF ...IF YOU WANT TO PAY 3XMORE FOR A COMPUTER THAN IT IS WORTH..THIS IS THE WAY TO GO..IF YOU WANT TO SPEND COUNTLESS HOURS ON THE PHONE WAITING FOR AN ENDLESS ARRAY OF PRE DETERMINED EXCUSES AS TO WHY YOUR MERCHANDISE HAS NOT ARRIVED..THIS IS THE COMPANY FOR YOU...IF YOU ENJOY BEING TOLD BY CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT DELL IS BEHIND ON THEIR ORDERS OR HAS NO GLASS TO MAKE MONITORS OR THAT DELL OR CEC/GCF IS OUT OF STOCK ON CERTAIN PROMISED MERCHANDISE LIKE THE SOFTWARE PKG OR THE GPS OR THE MP3 PLAYER...AND THAT THEY DONT NECESSARILY HAVE TO SHIP THE GPS OR MP3 PLAYER TO YOU BECAUSE THOSE WERE BONUSES????...OH YES! THEY SAID THAT TO ME! AND IF YOU REALLY GET PLEASURE OUT OF BEING SENT REFURBISHED MERCHANDISE THAT HAS A CRAPPY 90 DAY WARRANTY ON IT LIKE OUR PRINTER AND THE GPS WE FINALLY GOT EVEN THOUGH WE PAID OFF OUR ACCOUNT WITH THESE BOZOS MONTHS AGO!!! THEN TELL YOU WHAT PEOPLE..GO FOR IT!! BUT DONT SAY WE DIDNT WARN YOU..AND DONT EXPECT ANYTHING TO ACTUALLY ARRIVE WHEN YOU ARE TOLD IT SHOULD(NOT 1 SINGLE, SOLITARY ITEM WAS ON TIME OR DELIVERED WITHOUT NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS TO CEC/GCF CUSTOMER SERVICE) AND WE WERE THE BEST CUSTOMERS THEY COULD HAVE ..EVERY PAYMENT WAS IN THE BANK AND ON TIME 100% OF THE TIME!!! SO IMAGINE ALMOST A YEAR LONG FIGHT TO GET WHAT YOU PAID WAY TOO MUCH MONEY FOR??? AND THE LOUSIEST CUSTOMER SERVICE WE HAVE EVER SEEN IN OUR 40TH+ YEARS ON THIS EARTH..WE ARE BEING COMPLETELY HONEST!!! IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO RECIEVE YOUR MERCHANDISE..ALL OF IT..IT WONT BE WHAT YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE GETTING ..OR WHAT YOU WERE LEAD ON TO BELIEVE YOU ARE GETTING AND THIS DIDNT CHANGE OUR CREDIT RATING TO OUR KNOWLEDGE ONE BIT????CEC/GCF WONT BE HONEST WITH YOU!!!
    SINCERELY DISGUSTED WITH CEC/GCF...MR.&MRS. JOSEPH RALPH

• Jb
    jbones1 Apr 03, 2009

found the ad. in a playstation magazine. they got me to. been paying sense jan of 09. called them feb got a hold of someone at the end of march. they told me paperwork and payments have been done right and should be getting shipment paperwork in 3 to 5 days. its been 8 days no shipment paperwork. going to talk to my bank first then the b.b.b. and last the courts. wish me luck.

Security Warrior Apr 23, 2009

I am a current GCF customer who signed up July 20th, 2008 and here is the honest truth about MY personal experience. 1) I knew what I was getting into before I decided to go with this company because of prior purchases through similar companies, i.e. Aaron's Rent To Own, Rent-A-Center, and now Guaranteed Consumer Funding. 2) These companies offer mediocre Desktop PCs, Laptops, HD & Plasma T.V.s, at a higher price because they deal with "dead beats, " myself included. 3) The main reason I decided to go through GCF rather than my previous companies of Aaron's or Rent-A-Center, was because I would get a brand new (NOT REFURBISHED), Laptop, unlike Aaron's or Rent-A-Center who gives you used products. Don't get me wrong, Aaron's Rent To Own is a great company to deal with because you get to take home the merchandise immediately, upon your first payment and refundable deposit. However, GCF requires "credit worthiness, " before they ship their brand new merchandise to their customers, because they can't come by your house/apartment to repossess your PC, Laptop, TV, etc... when you stop paying for it, like we are notorious for. So, to protect their assets and company they weed out the real "dead beats, " and "scammers, " attempting to defraud them and make off with a brand spanking new, decked out state-of-the-art Home Theater System after they have made the minimum payments required. You have to look at these risky factors and think about how you would feel if thousands of people were ripping you off from, not just hundreds of dollars, we're talking MILLIONS of dollars this company could potentially loose, by trusting us to make the payments. I mean, after all we do have a good credit score and superior payment history! NOT! Bottom line is, we all screwed up our credit by being irresponsible and ripping people off. So, the reality is WE are the scammers! Not the company nice enough and willing to take a chance on us, to give us a PC or TV we cannot afford to pay off with cash or a credit card! I think I just blew my mind, I am so awesome! Wuahaha!
    -=Security Warrior=-

chrylzeigler May 19, 2009

This person must work for them, This is a Flat Out Lie ! I paid and Paid and Paid. Then they canceled my account just to get all the money, For no good reason. I know this company is a scam because I won an Arbitration Case against there Bad Business Practice. So This Person Needs to Stop Lieing !

luvbug10 Jan 12, 2010

I decided to go through this company about a year and a half ago. They were doing a promotional thing, where if you never missed a payment they would send you a free wii game system. They said after you make 90 days worth of payments, they send out your computer. NOT TRUE!!! After I made my payments they sent me more paperwork to sign and send back. So I did. Then another couple of weeks past and I recieved more paperwork. I didn't actually get my computer until I was almost done with my payments! It was almost a year. So after I finally made all my payments I called back to find out when I was going to be getting my free gaming system. That was in September. They gave me a delivery date of December 8th. (yeah right) I already figured they would have some excuse why it didn't come. And sure enough...they did! The game systems were on back order due to the holidays. So I asked how it could be on back order from September for the holidays! And the girl told me it wasnt!!! It just happened. So I asked why is it that I am not recieving it then, if it was ordered back in September? And the woman said she had no idea! So for the past month I have been told to call after 5-7 business days. And everytime I call they tell me to call back in another week because they have no idea what is going on.
    I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone that I know!!! They are the worst I have ever had to deal with. You cannot ever talk to a superviser. Probably because there are just way too many problems with this company!!!

luvbug10 Jan 12, 2010

Anyone know of a laywer who wants to go after this company for all of us??? This place is the worst!

Security Warrior Jan 13, 2010

@luvbug10,
    You are preaching to the choir my friend. You are just another VICTIM of this nefarious "company" GCF or Guranteed Consumer Funding. Your story is EXACTLY the same as mine. I continued to pay them and jump through all of the stupid hoops and traps that they kept throwing at me, so that if they renegged on their end I would have proof in court. Needless to say I didn't get my Nintendo Wii or the MP3 Player with 500 free mp3s. The whole allure of this companies method of business is that you are to make a good faith payment for 90 days to recieve your merchandise BEFORE you finish making ALL of the payments. NOT SO!!! I like you and many others, was DUPED and never recieved the LAPTOP until the 11th month of the 12 month program. I got every sorry EXCUSE under the SUN from the slimeballs, ie: Dell ran out of glass, The Holidays are backed up, I didn't provide an alternative phone number, my paperwork was LOST in the mail, etc.etc...etc... The list goes ON and ON. At one point I nearly broke down in tears because I was so FRUSTRATED and UPSET with these SCAMMERS! I prayed to GOD for patience and help. If I would have run across any of these scammers in the streets...OHHHHH that would have made my YEAR!!! Just to grab one of these Lying sacks of sh**t by the throat...Anyway, I paid a total of $2, 563.00 for a laptop that didn't even have the NVidia Graphics Card I paid an EXTRA $500.00 FOR! Yes, I specifically paid for this upgrade because I am a hardcore gamer and digital artist who needs a very good Graphics Card to run bleeding edge software and games. Not getting that Graphics Card installed from the beginning really set me back because in case you all don't know YOU CANNOT UPGRADE A GRAPHIX CARD ON A LAPTOP LATER! There is NO WAY to upgrade a LAPTOP'S Graphics Card because it is "Integrated" on the "Motherboard" making it impossible to upgrade without replacing the "Motherboard" and soldering and unsoldering the Card, etc.. So PLEASE take my advice and just avoid these Cyber Thieves ALTOGETHER and others like them (Blue Hippo Anyone?) LOL. This was a mistake I WILL NEVER make again. Best advice, buy your laptop from Walmart or Best Buy. Or if you don't have all of the money right away, you can go to a reputable Pawn Shop near you and put a %10 Down Payment on a Laptop for Layaway. I have been buying stuff from Pawn Shops for a long time and I have yet to encounter any problems with any of the merchandise from them. Some of the bigger Pawn Shops even sell you Extended Warrenties. Pawn Shops check their merchandise thouroughly before they buy it from someone because if they don't and it doesn't work later on, they can't SELL it and they are stuck with it, losing MONEY. Okay, that's it folks. Good luck to you all and may God Bless all of you that have been ripped off. I know God will punish these people and BLESS YOU with everything you need. Just have faith and keep doing the right thing and you will see that God will hook you up with EVEN BETTER stuff than what you wanted from GCF. ;)
    Cheers and God Bless ALL,
    -Victor

maddie's mommy10 Feb 27, 2010

I also agree on everyone needing to get a lawyer. i have been waitin on my computer since october 6. they gave u an 8 day window and the computer was never recieved. i keep calling and recieving the same bull crap evertime i call now i have a new delivery day and it was supposed to be februrar 22 thru march 2...ill let u kno if it coms but i doubt it does...i have paid so much that mine will be paid off in june.

• Fr
    Friskie Mar 09, 2010

I totally Agree with you

NOTINTHEMOOD Jun 05, 2010

I too have been taken by Gcf but if they think that I had 700.00 in todays hard ecomony to give them because of a scam they are crazy. I see all the complaints that are on this site an no matter what their contract says they have violated business practices. I don't intend to sit idely by and let them get away with what they have done. If there is an attorney out there willing to help people like myself get their money back from this horrible company please email me [email protected] I will personally lead the lawsuit against them.

Security Warrior Jun 06, 2010

@NOTINTHEMOOD - I will gladly join the fight, so please keep us posted! We can do this! These clowns will go down, one way or another.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices