grantsearch.comUnauthorized Chanrges

In late August I received a cd rom in the mail from these people, believing it was a college grant service i loaded it in the cd drive of my computer. It immediately started a presentation and I realized it was for "business" grants. I stopped it and removed the CD and threw it out. Now in my September charge statement I received over $40.00 in charges from this company. I suspect they hacked my google cache and trasmitted the information back to their servers. I also received a charge from blockbuster.com. I called grantsearch and they refunded the money after I accused them of online fraud. Blockbuster.com also refunded my money, seems that grantsearch.com is an "affiliate" of blockbuster. They even used a bogus mothers maiden name for a security question on the account!!!. These people need to be reported to the nevada attorneys general. I wonder how many more thousands of people they scammed.

Joan Banks Jul 10, 2008

Two amounts - $39.95 and $1.00 - were taken from my bank account by grantsearch.com. I did not authorize these transactions. I have no idea how this occurred, I never ordered anything online or offline through this site. I demand that this money be returned to my account immediately. I expect to hear from your accountant, president, or someone about the return of my money.

Ryan R. Jul 10, 2008

Please contact our customer service at 800-479-0979 and they'll be happy to assist you.

The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let’s face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.99 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ were you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at 800-479-0979 and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at [email protected] or call me directly at 435-773-1795 and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Ryan R.

• Je
    Jemms Jul 22, 2008

Please note that these charges were not made by the Australian company whose registered business name is GrantSearch, of which I'm the proprietor, but by an American network trading under various names using grantsearch(.com) as its Merchant ID to deliberately mislead its customers.

Emails sent to [email protected] get an autoresponder message from another address, with the exact same wording as the one above. Ryan R's name is Ryan Riddle and his real email address is [email protected]

• Al
    Aleta Capel Jul 22, 2008

They debited my debit card in the amount of $39.95 July 18, 2008, I did not authorize this charge!
    I slo have two other unauthorized charges from two other unknown sources of $7.95 and $9.95, and I suspect this company of these charges as well!!
    I would like an investigation into this matter, and I will no longer use this debit card, so theywill not have a chance to do this to me again!!!.
    I would also like to be reimbursed.

• Si
    Sixeagles Jul 29, 2008

They debited my debit card in the amount of $39.95. I did not authorize this charge. I have a number of other unauthorized charges that I suspect this company made.
    I would like this company to be investigated about this matter since I have made no purchases from them. I also have no use for info they may provide.
    I would like to be reimbursed.
    Any info in this matter will bew greatly appreciated.

• Ki
    Kirstie Aug 14, 2008

In a "free" $500 card ad, you had to select 5 products, all of which were supposed to be refundable. I was charged twice for $1, then 39.95 twice a week later. Their phone number is disconnected. I called their help link, and they didn't know anything about them. The website was aboutuswebirc. they told me to go to [email protected] still, no answer. I am now out almost $100 from this scam.

chastys Aug 26, 2008

they charged me 32.95 without authorization

paulette stone Sep 16, 2008

THEY GOT ME TOO! I'VE BEEN CHARGED 39.95 TWO TIMES ONCE A MONTH ! I TRIED TO CALL THE PHONE# BUT NEVER GET AN ANSWER. THE LINE IS ALWAYS BUSY! THEY CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE I CHANGED MY ACCOUNT! BEWARE OF THESE CROOKS!

paulette stone Sep 16, 2008

THEY STOLE MONEY FROM ME AND I WANT IT BACK!

• Je
    jesiel Sep 17, 2008

Grandsearch charge me $39.95 without my autorization, STOP PLEASE!!!

Ryan Sep 18, 2008

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer. That is why we have the Terms and Disclosures posted on the sales site directly above or below the "Ship My Kit" Button depending on the site you order from.

Here are the Terms and Disclosures that is directly below or above (depending on the site you order from) the "Ship My Kit" Button.

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Grant Master CD™ and trial membership for $1.29 for Shipping and $1.00 for Handling/Insurance, after the 7 day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the 14 day and 21 day bonus trials to Express Business Funding™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy & Terms & Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "Easgrant1". For questions, call 800-479-0979.

For customer service you may call 800-479-0979 and they'll be happy to assist you.

The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let’s face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.29 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource Center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource Center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ were you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at 800-479-0979 and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at [email protected] or call us directly at 435-773-1795 and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Ryan Oct 01, 2008

Grant Search is not affiliated with the Blockbuster charges that you mention.

Customer Service Administrator

mark reynolds Oct 06, 2008

i have several hits on my account from grant search. i did not give any one permission to do that, don't let it happen again. mark reynolds

• Ke
    ken halpin Oct 06, 2008

you are charging me for a membership
    Iwould like to cancel it

thanks ken halpin

Patricia OConnor Oct 11, 2008

The same thing is happening to me. I have been trying to cancel but with out luck. I demand to have all my monies returned as I did not okay this continuation of taking 39.95 out of my account every month or any time ever.

Patricia OConnor
    [email protected]

Charles Taylor Oct 11, 2008

i agree with wuts going on i did not sign up for any grant search i will be calling and filing a complaint. i did not autherized any charge of 7.95 also i did not receive a this disk you speak of there for if anymore charges r applied there will be procicution i have my attorney working on it this is a scam you can say its not but it is... my attoerny and i will be in contact with you...

• Ne
    Nellie Miller Oct 11, 2008

I also am being charged for something I never agreed to. I have no interest in this service and would never have agreed to it. I will be filing numerous complaints if the 2 charges of $39.99 and 1 charge of $7.99 are not returned to my account.
    nellie miller, [email protected]

• Ar
    a rosenbaum Oct 13, 2008

I feel that the whole thing is one big scam. I orderd afree cd with shipping and handling charges of 1.98. Now i'm being billed 59.95 and still have not recieved the disk. I too want my money back.

• Ca
    Carrie Oct 15, 2008

My credit card bank discovered fraudulent charges from grantsearch and blockbuster. I also received in the mail colon cleanse. I read in another section that the latter happened to someone else. It's a good thing that my bank was on top of things.

• Rc
    RCAS Nov 07, 2008

Check out the BBB Rating for THE GRANT UNIVERSITY. Odd that the website is no longer in service. I can't imagine why with more than 20 complaints against it!
    Shockingly similar stories. Type THE GRANT UNIVERSITY into your complaintsboard.com search and tell me if any of the stories sound familiar...

They are currently operating under Grantsc.com and pulling the same thing. Look it up-

You don't suppose they're just operating under another name, do you?????? Imagine that!

Paula Nov 18, 2008

After my daughter had received an unauthorized billing on her DEBIT card, I got to looking at my credit card billing. I, too, had ordered the free CD, and didn't pay attention to my billing, (like an idiot), and had a total of around $180 to my account! I did get a whole $7.95 refunded, but the person had to refer me to a supervisor for mor e $$$. They were busy so are supposed to be calling me back. There were charges from several "companies", all affiliated with Grant Master, that were billing me!! Hopefully, I will hear from them and can get money back. I asked for a paper check to my address and was told it would go on my credit card (that I no longer use!).
    What a scam!! I should have known better! Just like the "How to Get Rich" books - the only one getting rich are the people selling the crap! I am going to keep up on this!!

Cheryl Robinson Dec 31, 2008

Monies were charged to my account without permission.

• De
    Debra Feb 02, 2009

They charged me twice on top of the initial $1.00 & 1.95 charge. I called the number on the credit card statement. I'm on hold now - they are only offering a credit of one charge. Now I'm on hold for a supervisor - gee I wonder how long I will be holding...

Ryan Sin Dec 27, 2010

Jeremy Johnson FTC lawsuit is valued over 500 Million dollars.
    - Jeremy Johnson and Todd Vowel are actively involved in money laundering. Jeremy Johnson, Todd Vowel, Jason Vowels, Bryce Payne, Jason Peterson, Paul Ford, Duane Fielding, Ryan Riddle are all MAIN TARGETS in a criminal investigation from the FDIC for money laundering and processing casino games.
    - Jeremy Johnson has over 10 million hidden in the mountains of St George
    - When Jeremy Johnson is finished scamming his victims from millions, he than sells the consumers credit card information to Jason Peterson in Tampa Florida.
    - Jeremy Johnson has illegally paid Mark Shurtleff thousands of dollars through various “ shell companies” along with Cory Pulsipher the active sheriff.
    - Jeremy Johnson has lost over 15 million gambling at Wynn Las Vegas.

Contact: Jeremy Johnson directly: (435) 229 -8461
    FTC Contact: Collot Guerard: 202-326-3338
    AG Contact: Mark Shurtleff (801) 366-0260, (801) 538-9600
    Senate Contact Bob Bennett: (801) 625-5676

For Release: 12/22/2010
    FTC Charges Massive Internet Enterprise with Scamming Consumers Out of Millions Billing Month-After-Month for Products and Services They Never Ordered
    Defendants Allegedly Created 51 Shell Companies to Carry Out Deception
    The Federal Trade Commission is taking legal action against a far-reaching Internet enterprise that allegedly has made millions of dollars by luring consumers into “trial” memberships for bogus government-grant and money-making schemes, and then repeatedly charging them monthly fees for these and other memberships that they never signed up for. The FTC seeks to stop the illegal practices and make the defendants pay redress to consumers and give up their ill-gotten gains.
    “No consumer should be sucker-punched into making payments for products they don’t know about and don’t want, ” said FTC Chairman Jon Leibowitz.
    The FTC’s complaint alleges that the defendants offer consumers bogus money-making and government-grant opportunities. They claim that the offers are “free” or “risk-free, ” and that they will charge customers only a small shipping and handling fee.
    According to the FTC’s complaint, the operation, doing business under the name I Works and controlled by Jeremy Johnson and nine other individuals, uses websites that tout the availability of government grants to pay personal expenses or pitch various money-making programs. The websites offer “free” information at no risk and ask consumers to provide their credit or debit card numbers to pay for a small shipping and handling fee such as $1.99. When consumers provide their billing information, though, I Works proceeds to charge them hefty one-time fees of up to $129.95 and monthly recurring fees of up to $59.95 for the grant or money-making programs. I Works charges them additional monthly fees for one or more unrelated programs that consumers did not agree to.
    The FTC’s complaint alleges that this scheme has caused hundreds of thousands of consumers to seek chargebacks – reversals of charges to their credit cards or debits to their banks accounts. The high number of chargebacks has landed the defendants in VISA’s and MasterCard’s chargeback monitoring programs, resulted in millions of dollars in fines for excessive chargebacks, and prevented the defendants from getting access to the credit card and debit card billing systems using their own names. To keep the scam going, the defendants tricked banks into giving them continued access to these billing systems by creating 51shell companies with figurehead officers, and by providing the banks with phony “clean” versions of their websites.
    The FTC has charged the defendants with violating the FTC Act by misrepresenting that government grants are available for paying personal expenses, that consumers are likely to obtain grants by using the defendants’ program, that users of their money-making products will earn substantial income, and that their offers are free or risk-free. The complaint also alleges that defendants failed to disclose that consumers who pay a nominal shipping and handling fee will be enrolled in expensive plans that charge consumers fees until they cancel, and that the defendants charged consumers’ credit cards and debited their bank accounts without their consent.
    In addition, the FTC alleges that defendants posted deceptive positive reviews and used deceptive testimonials that misrepresented the benefits of their grant services. Finally, the FTC has charged the defendants with violating the Electronic Fund Transfer Act and Regulation E by debiting consumers’ bank accounts without their signed written consent and without providing consumers with a copy of the written authorization.
    As alleged in the complaint, the defendants gained access to the Visa and MasterCard systems through many entities. The banks included Wells Fargo, N.A., HSBC Bank USA, First Regional Bank, Harris National Association, and Columbus Bank and Trust Company. The payment processors the defendants used included First Data, ECHO, Global Payment Systems, Litle & Co., Moneris, Payment Tech, Trident, and Vital, as well as independent sales organizations, including CardFlex, RDK Inc., Merchant eSolutions, Pivotal Payments, PowerPay, and Swipe Merchant Solutions.

The FTC complaint names 10 individuals, 10 corporations, and 51 shell companies as defendants. As alleged in the complaint, the lynchpin of the enterprise is Jeremy Johnson, the sole owner and officer of I Works Inc., which has done business under numerous names. The FTC’s complaint names Johnson and nine other individual defendants: Duane Fielding; Andy Johnson; Loyd Johnston; Scott Leavitt; Scott Muir; Bryce Payne; Kevin Pilon; Ryan Riddle; and Terrason Spinks. In addition, the 10 corporate defendants are: I Works Inc.; Anthon Holdings Corp.; Cloud Nine Marketing Inc.; CPA Upsell Inc.; Elite Debit Inc.; Employee Plus Inc.; Internet Economy Inc.; Market Funding Solutions Inc.; Network Agenda LLC; and Success Marketing Inc.
    The 51 shell companies named in the complaint are Big Bucks Pro Inc., Blue Net Progress Inc., Blue Streak Processing Inc., Bolt Marketing Inc., Bottom Dollar Inc., doing business as BadCustomer.com, Bumble Marketing Inc., Business First Inc., Business Loan Success Inc., Cold Bay Media Inc., Costnet Discounts Inc., CS Processing Inc., Cutting Edge Processing Inc., Diamond J. Media Inc., Ebusiness First Inc., Ebusiness Success Inc., Ecom Success Inc., Excess Net Success Inc., Fiscal Fidelity Inc., Fitness Processing Inc., Funding Search Success Inc., Funding Success Inc., GG Processing Inc., GGL Rewards Inc., Highlight Marketing Inc., Hooper Processing Inc., Internet Business Source Inc., Internet Fitness Inc., Jet Processing Inc., JRB Media Inc., Lifestyles For Fitness Inc., Mist Marketing Inc., Money Harvest Inc., Monroe Processing Inc., Net Business Success Inc., Net Commerce Inc., Net Discounts Inc., Net Fit Trends Inc., Optimum Assistance Inc., Power Processing Inc., Premier Performance Inc., Pro Internet Services Inc., Razor Processing Inc., Rebate Deals Inc., Revive Marketing Inc., Simcor Marketing Inc., Summit Processing Inc., The Net Success Inc., Tranfirst Inc., Tran Voyage Inc., Unlimited Processing Inc., and Xcel Processing Inc.
    The Commission vote to file the complaint was 5-0. The complaint was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada.
    NOTE: The Commission authorizes the filing of a complaint when it has “reason to believe”
    that the law has been or is being violated, and it appears to the Commission that a proceeding is in the public interest. The complaint is not a finding or ruling that the defendants have actually violated the law.
    The Federal Trade Commission works for consumers to prevent fraudulent, deceptive, and unfair business practices and to provide information to help spot, stop, and avoid them. To file a complaint in English or Spanish, visit the FTC’s online Complaint Assistant or call 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357). The FTC enters complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure, online database available to more than 1, 800 civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad. The FTC’s Web site provides free information on a variety of consumer topics.
    MEDIA CONTACT:
    202-326-3338
    (FTC File No. 1023015)
    (I Works)

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices