Grant Funding SourceCharged unauthorized fees!

I called to cancel my membership and they keep charging my account. This membership was canceled in January 2008 and I continue to be charged. They refer me to easyhelpcenter.com

I submitted a notice to cancel my membership and I am still being charged.

chiemena Mar 15, 2008

unclesams money is a fraudulent site.stay away from it.fake phone and email address.there is no real contact.

• Ce
    Cecelia White Mar 31, 2008

I never subscribered to this service and my account is being charged, what canI do?

• Ni
    Nicholas Jun 10, 2008

I cant believe this so called "business". I just got charged $60 odd sum dollars when my 14 day trial was still active! Now my bank is over drafted dam it. All I can say is. Go to your bank and have them cancel your current bank account and have them assign you a new one since i highly dought a fraudulent website would do anything that has to deal with refunding money or stop stealing for that matter.

• St
    Stacy Ley Aug 07, 2008

I just started researching this co. before I invested. I am soooo glad I did. Just to offer some advice, I would do a stop payment on this co. It may cost you whatever the bank charges but well worth it. A stop payment is inaffect for 6 months. Good luck to you all. Thanks for the warning

• Na
    Nathan Oct 09, 2008

I spent a total of an hour on the phone with two tards at Grant Funding Service only to have them say "the system won't let me credit your account" and hang up. I had explained that I cancelled my membership as per the instructions given on the website, but mysteriously there was no record of it. I immediately contacted my bank and disputed the charge. The money was put back in my account within 48hrs. Should you fall victim to this scam, call Grant funding Services; I was able to reach them at1-800-853-6058, cancel your account and get a cancellation code, feel free to use some profanities, I did and they deserve it, then call your bank and file a dispute. your card wasn't present so a refund should be a non-issue. Good luck.

• Da
    Danny Copeland Feb 17, 2009

I was charged on my credit card 4 days into a 14 day trial peroiod.

• Da
    Danny Copeland Feb 17, 2009

charged me wrongfully.

• Vu
    vuja-de Apr 17, 2009

You can contact Grant Funding Source at 800-520-7109 ask for Steve . http://www.grantfundingsource.com/
    He told me to check with the better business bureau... hahaha ... Grant Funding Source is based in the UK !

• Ta
    taralynn May 18, 2009

Was given a faulty number to contact them to cancel account. They game me the number 800-588-0064. I spoke with Janet Smith, Agent #0734. My confirmation number was 2000153828. Now, I have no way to cancel this 14 day trial. What a scam. Beware...

• Gl
    Gloria Robinson Jun 05, 2009

Isent for the grant cd which was suppose to be $1.00, and I was charged almost $100.00 for other programs I did not ask for or order, When I called, and complain I was told they did not take the money off my card, but my bill show they have almost maxed out my card...what can I do?? GLORIA

• El
    Elizabeth Jun 15, 2009

I was called and i was skeptical. I knew something was wrong. The dude even noticed it. He gave me so much information. The ones i needed. So i give him my information. His name was Daniel Smith, which i said ### afterwards cause i know that that isn't a name. He hung up and he had told me to wait for my package. I haven't received it, and i kind of knew that i wasn't. I just want them at bay. I don't know if they're taking money from my mom's credit card. It's been bothering me for so much. My mom was with me and she saw that i was worried. I wanna know if they're taking money from her but i can't.

i so know im screwed now. gonna tell my mom to tell the bank to call them every time someone tries to get our money.

• Pi
    pike Jun 26, 2009

They kept calling my phone like 5 times a day. I finally picked it up today because I was wondering who it was. A heavy accented man from India came on and told me about free grants. I kept telling him no I don't want to do this but he kept pressuring me on and demanding my cc info to fill out the info. I wasn't in my right mind at the time, there were many things going on in my life, and like an idiot I decided to give it to him... now I wished I didn't and just hang up. So now he has my cc info and I never got the confirmation number or pin he supposedly "emailed" me. This call had affected me so much that I kept being worried about it after it had happened. Once I got home I went to research on them (which I wish I had done before) and right away I knew this wasn't looking good. I called my cc company right away about them and they will be closing my account and giving me a new one. I hope this will put an end to it. It's very doubtful that I'll get the cd by the looks of it. If I do I'll just "return to sender"... don't want your crap!

• Te
    terry wirtanen Jun 30, 2009

try to cancel my account and i cant

• Ic
    icess1974 Jul 20, 2009

i went through everything the prevvious idividuals posted in regards to trying to gain assitance with helping me start up my buiness

and the only thing you can do to stop them is shut doew your credit card info you gave them

and open up a new one they do not know and are unaware of

inform your bank and credit card company of the companys info and what they have been doing

so they can keep a watch and eye out on them trying to gain an acess to any new accounts or trry stil chargeing the old and closed ones

and finally do what i am doing notify them and let them know that you are fileing compliants with the proper authorities to prosecute them

• Cm
    cmany Aug 01, 2009

Just got off the phone with Jeff Morris - what an American name for someone so obviously NOT American...heavy Indian accent...

Refused to give him the CC - told him we just got screwed by another company - which we did - smoke assassins - anyway - he went through this who bunch of crap about encrypted this and that...

Finally told him I MUST speak with my husband first before charging ANYTHING...

So glad all of you have told your stories - cant wait till he calls back tomorrow...wonder what kind of explanation he is gonna give when I tell him based on customer feedback - this company seems to scam all that they can...

• Dr
    drp227109 Aug 05, 2009

the guy told me to ride a bike to walmart to perchase a visa card because i dont have one. i was lik WTF. then he gave me this number...8005880064 reading these complaints has really dissapointed me! i really needed money for college and i had gotten my hopes up high> ugh... wat a dam scam!!!

• Wh
    whatthe!!! Aug 10, 2009

I too have been ripped off by this company!!! how stupid do I feel ... knowing the dangers of inter net buying!!! live and learn!! BUYER BEWARE !!! I used this site because a well known magazine artical claimed this site WAS NOT aSCAM !!! SO much for trusting IT IS A SCAM!!! hope this helps someone anyone! !

JakeK Aug 21, 2009

I disagree, I signed up for the same offer and it was made very clear that there was a CD that was sent and that there was a website that came with it. The website had a monthly fee attached to it. I used both the CD and the website and found them both very informative. People like Gloria who do not read what they are getting in to drive me nuts. All it would have took is for her to read the website before she entered her credit card information in and agreed to the terms of the order. Jake Kmtezsch

JakeK Aug 21, 2009

How did you try? They make it very easy, you can cancel via a telephone call, an email, or even going to easyhelpcenter.com and canceling your account in real time. What is so difficult about that?

Not this time Aug 25, 2009

Same story, different names. Only it goes a little further. After disputing and being refunded the $50 fee that was charged during the trial period with Grant Funding Source another fee of $9.95 was charged by some company I had never heard of, /removed/ (shown on my bank statement), during another 14 day trial period that had just begun the day before (trial period started the 19th, was charged on the 20th). Not only was the "Customer Service" person rude and useless, she was wrong about everything she said. Her name? Clista. I left messages, no response. I called back to no avail. However, when I ran through the directory a few times and called various extensions, suddenly MY phone rang and it was ... XYZ GROUP with this phone number: 435-275-4172. So I spoke to Chad Clawson from this unpublished phone number in St George, Utah and found the /removed/ company IS affiliated with Grant Funding Source and Clista is absolutely unaware of the affiliation! Now in 7 to 10 days the $9.95 is SUPPOSED to be refunded to my account. Oddly though, I never gave them my account information! Not when they charged my account and not when they stated they would refund my money. They had all MY information from Grant Funding Source. No permission needed? Not legally. So, conveniently, when Chad told me it must be MY lucky day because I wanted to speak to a manager and he just happened to BE a manager I eagerly informed him that it was really his lucky day because if this issue was not resolved tonight, I was going to be on the phone in the morning with my lawyer. And I may still explore that option as I have never received the mysterious CD that set all these charges into motion! So remember: Grant Funding Source is affiliated with /removed/ who just may call you from XYZ Group, though they have no website.

• Wi
    Wil924 Sep 10, 2009

This company is a large scam...BEWARE...They call with heavy Indian accents and push you to pay for shipping and handling...Imagine $4.37 x a bunch of suckers who agree to pay for the shipping ===... A lot of money in their pocket...Feal free to curse them out their really unintelligent and told me that I wanted free money..Duh of course I do...That's false advertising...Never give them your Card info they will take your info and rob you..Please beware...Every one needs money and is in some type of debt...Don't fall victim...

• Mo
    mom evie Sep 25, 2009

fraudulent company. no way to contact. can not resolve. wish i could find them

• Sm
    SMARTDOC Sep 27, 2010

WOW boy are they slick...Grant Funding Source called my parents in another state and asked for me to call them regarding some grant information. I called not knowing what to expect especially since I have not applied or inquired about any grants. I am a foreign medical graduate and hence would not be entitled to any subsidized or nonsubsidized loans or grants from any company in the United States. Hence imagine my surprise when Susan answers the phone and wants to send me a package with a confirmation number and FREE consultation with a grant director. All I would have to do is PAY SHIPPING & HANDLING OF $1.89. Upon hearing this I grew weary and knew that a SCAM may be taking place. Thank god for TV shows which tell you to NEVER GIVE YOUR CC INFO TO ANYONE OVER THE PHONE. First of all grants are for free and one must apply for them. They dont call you because you meet the criteria for the grant. Like anyone wants to give you FREE MONEY... When I told SUSAN that I dont have a CC or Check CARD, she told me to use a family members or call back when family members are home so I can use their card. I got the name of the company and researched it...Thanks to you guys, my HUNCH was right...they are a SCAM and a FAKE COMPANY...ALWAYS FOLLOW YOUR GUT INSTINCT...IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE...IT PROBABLY IS...

• Hl
    HLP3 Oct 30, 2010

I would like to think all of you all for this complaint board. I was called this afternoon by Grant Funding Source who presented themselves as a government funding agency. I was real skeptical about them and they had me going for awhile but when I got even more skeptical when they asked for a CC for withdrawl of $1.87 from my account for postage to send an application regarding my grant. I told them I had no Visa Card but they were still insistent on getting the money. I asked to speak to another reprensentatiave who also happend to speak in a foreighn accent. I got the name of the a person there who was also a Morris0n, buy first name was Shawn, they can kiss my entire A**. I again, thank all of you. Bless you.

• Es
    Essie Hales Mar 12, 2011

I didnot give anyone permissing to take money out of my account . An where did Id nanny come from . An I decide to cancel all of it. Idont need it so I want my money back Thank you

• Es
    Essie Hales Mar 12, 2011

I didnot give anyone permissing to take money out my acount Anwhere did the Id nanny come from .An Idecide tocancel all of it I dont needs it so Iwant my money back thank you.

• Co
    Condon Apr 04, 2011

I've just received the same call from a man with an Indian accent and was told all the same things. Being suspicious but still stupid, I gave them my American Express card number even though they insisted they would only take Visa and Mastercard but then they took my account info and said they would call me back after checking with a supervisor. I purposely used my American Express creidt card and not a debit card because I've been scammed once before using a debit card - and you can't dispute funds retrieved from a debit card. However, immediately after I got off the phone I checked this Better Bus bureaus site and lo and behold I see all these complaints which confirmed my suspicions so I called AMEX and had them block my card for a week for all charges and note why on my account so when I go to unblock my account if they try to charge me I will dispute it, and if I have to I will cancel my card and get another one. As everyone said above, if it seems suspicious, always check the organization out online first and tell them you will call them back. If they act nervous, it's for good reason so watch out! SCS

• THIS IS JOHN NORMAN AND M THE EMPLOYEE OF GRANT FUNDING SOURCE AND OUR COMPANY LOCATED IN US BUT ALL CALL U RECEIVE FROM INDIA BECAUSE ALL THE GUYS R INDIAN AND THEY R LOCATED IN INDIA

• Hu
    Huffhous Apr 25, 2011

i'm getting withdrawls from my account that was not authorize by myself or my wife

• De
    Deborah Meade Jun 30, 2011

I have been contacted by 3 different people about finding a grant for my needs. Grant funding direct is only one of the companies that had my debit card number and home phone, but my bank account has been charged $1.87 for a CD and email by Grant Funding Source. The number they gave me to call for support is 800-558-0064. This is not a valid number. If these people call you, HANG UP ON THEM!! They are crooks!!

• Sw
    SWDutcher Jul 08, 2011

ID Nanney withdrew $19.95 from my checking account 2 months straight. I did not authorize this and want it refunded but cannot find any contact info.

christopher major Aug 25, 2012

i like to cancel my account my name is christopher major you could reach me at 973-914-7024

• Do
    Donna Rho Aug 24, 2016

My complaint is same as others I have read, but maybe someone can give me guidance!
    My debit card is being charged $59.95 for nothing! I never received ANYTHING, but sadly I did authorize the $3.95!
    HOW can I stop these charges? If it was not an 'established' checking account I would simply close it, but I have so many account linked to this.
    I request a refund for $59.95, but I do not hold much faith that THAT will happen!
    Donna Rhodes
    [email protected]

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices