Global Test MarketScam

Global test market are very slow at paying out they say allow up to 10 weeks from claiming, even though the issuing bank is local to me then the cheque doesn't arrive and they now tell me wait another 4-6 weeks. Also some surveys never pay out the points or lock up on the final questions!

Andy79 Oct 26, 2016

My cheques were returned without my knowledge. Refused to give me back my redeemed points and I was charged for the returned cheques.

• Et
    etkata87 Nov 26, 2015

LAST FEW DAYS I DONE ABOUT 4 SURVEY TO THE END AND FINALY WHEN I COME TILL 99-100 %and just send me text thank you we will send you more survey soon theank you, my timWhant this only waist my time and dont pay for it

• Br
    Bret Adams Nov 20, 2015

They pay out but i have been a member of GTM for over 5 yrs and I am quitting their surveys...here's why!!! What they have slowly done (over the past 3 years) is reduce the points of the surveys...So, when you got 50 points for 15 min survey...you now get 15-17 points, sometimes 25...So, your workload is already doubled...Now you have to do twice as much to get the same money...Moreover, they have reduced the point value as well...When 1000 points added to 50$, they increased 50$ payout to points value of 1200 and in the last month to 1401. Thus, your workload increased by another 40%. So basically, you are working 2 and 1/2 times more for the same money as you were working 3 years ago...they are now taking advantage of US...find some other survey company...

• Ra
    ranna Sep 01, 2015

GTM has cheated me!!! my Account # [protected], i had never got cheque of $50 after 2 years of redemption. Also my account has been blocked by GTM as i am unable to login. As .in domain closed which i am using to login GTM i am unable to reset my account or to check as my account is open or not. I had auto forworded my .in domain main to my gmail ID i was gertting mail initially but for last 6 months i was not getting any survey mail..

Mark_909 Aug 12, 2015

I just started with them a couple of days ago and they're already ripping me off. I just spent 45 minutes on one of their "13 minute" surveys, and at the end it said I didn't qualify! Total ripoff. I haven't been credited for a few others either.

Of course, when compared to minimum wage, these survey operations are ALL ripoffs, but some actually are legitimate, like Pinecone. I used to have an account with Pinecone but after a break from it, I lost my account and they do not take random signups.

Also, don't be fooled by these pathetic sweepstakes entries. Probably hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of people will be in the pot, and IIRC, , it's only 1 prize of $2000 per quarter. What a joke. I never, ever, do surveys for sweepstakes entries. You're better off picking pennies up off the ground in shopping center parking lots.

Anyway, looks like I've got to look for another survey place, one that doesn't screw me and treat me like dirt. Plus, all of these places lie through their teeth on the time it takes to do the surveys. I mean, if you want to be accurate and do it properly, it always takes much more time than they say. I've spent an hour on 15 minute surveys many times with other companies, only to get paid 50 cents or a buck. Corporate sleezery knows no bounds. The only way to do the surveys in the amount of time they suggest is to blaze through them with total BS answers, which is ironic, sense they supposedly want accurate answers...

• Ad
    advin May 13, 2015

GTM is not a scam as I have received payments in the form of Cheque, Amazon credits.But I've noticed that they try to come up with reasons to pay you really late.The time it takes to complete these surveys are ridiculous, that's if you are not screened out.They keep also keep on raising the minimum limits.It was 1000 point for $50.Now its 1200 points. GTM makes lot of money but it doesnt get passed on to survey takers.Companies usually pay $10 per survey, but GTM pays only a fraction of that.

zahirabbas Mar 14, 2015

on 13/12/2014 i did my redemption now date 14/2/2015 they take 10 week to send the cheque so you can see from the date it is more than 10 weeks & top of that they are not responding to my several emails that i send them [they say that they are canadian company ]

zahirabbas Mar 14, 2015

date 14/2/2015 globaltestmarket is not giving my cheque & is not responding to my emails also

Jay.... Mar 09, 2015

So, when I reached 1160 points I chose the $50 through paypla as my reward I linked my paypal and checked out and received an email saying I would receive an email between 5-10 business days with a link to redeem my paypal reward I was like okay and I waited I actually believed that I would receive my reward since I read many good and few negative replies about gtm. It's been 19 business days and I haven't received A THING. ZERO. ZILCH. NADA. I e-mailed gtm about my situation about a week ago. And ofc, no response. This isn't a big deal because I'm not that hard up for $50 so I'm going to deactivate my acc, whatever. Please DO NOT waste your time like I did. There's more legitimate ways to earn money on the internet. Open an etsy account or something. bye

• Hu
    Hulk3835 Dec 10, 2014

I tried to sign up to GTM 3 times and it says my email and address is already being used.They are CRAP. I just checked the BBB and they have an F rating. Stay away from these scammers.

• Ne
    neeraj326 Oct 28, 2014

I am from India and waiting for my cheque since last 15 months, even they are not responding to emails.
    Account Number: [protected]
    Redemption Date --[protected]:55:38

• Ca
    cailie Jul 08, 2014

Several times I have spent over 30 MINUTES on a survey and on the LAST question have screened out and given no points!!

jade1024 Apr 30, 2014

I have been with this company for several years. I always get my check. It may take a while but I get it eventually. They are a reputable company. It is a good way to make extra money. I recommend this company.

• Ki
    Kirito Dec 11, 2013

There is so much that I would say for Global Test Market. First of all, it won't let me even sign in. I put correct e-mail and password EXACTLY RIGHT and it won't sign me in. I try to send the activation e-mail to me again and it says that the e-mail is freaking INVALID. It won't let me sign in with Facebook which has the same e-mail for it. I try to get the e-mail address, but it says that I need an account number. I don't even know what mine is cause I CAN'T GET ON MY ACCOUNT TO FIND OUT. I got in it before, but cancelled it. Then I wanted to started another one cause of this getting paid to watch anime thing I saw. This is where I am now. I got one to start, but it won't let me log in and I didn't see any activation e-mail. So I am really starting to hate the thing right now.

• Ap
    A-P Aug 26, 2013

I almost signed up to the website to take surveys, but everywhere i look for information about this company (GlobalTestMarket) i see bad reviews of people who haven't been paid or are still waiting after months. Then i read here also about the fraudulent mystery shopping cheque's now that could be another company using their name, but all in all im DEFINITELY NOT joining GTM. Maybe some people have recieved some money, but i still think its a SCAM. BEWARE PEOPLE!!!

• Da
    damoll Jun 19, 2013

Global test market absolutely IS a scam. if you ever received payment from them, you'll never see another. The BBB is currently investigating a massive amount of complaints. Just check out their facebook page. They can't delete comments fast enough from hundreds and hundreds of people asking where their money is.

kaludi amreen May 15, 2013

i have joined globaltestmarket since one year ago and i receive very less surveys. they have not credited my referrals points also till now.

• De
    deh1034 Dec 11, 2012

yes global test market doesnt like to pay I am still waiting on my check. every time you contact them its always another 10 days. my survey gets checks out properly in a timely manner. global test market just doesnt want to pay bottom line

• Im
    imcharmed Oct 21, 2011

I Jave Questions about this Because They sent me a Check for $3990.00, I am very werry about this check, I do not remember filling out any forms for doing this. There was a number and I called But they made it all sound very legal,
    But they said it was volinteer, so why are they going to give me $200.00 dollors and spend $100.00 at a dept store and
    two western unoins, I don't trust this and from what I just read I really don't Know, I told them I was going to do it But Now I am worried. I have to thank the people who put complants up about the check scam I was not aware of this, Now i am sure
    I really don't want my bank accout frozen and some people have had that done.
    Thank you for this site and letting me know
    I almost did it till a frind told me to look the site up i am so glad i didn;t depostie this check be very carefull Ms Bishop

• Ph
    phasian Sep 04, 2011

Just received a cheque mailed from Canada, but with letterhead from the above address. Cheque amount for 3990.00 with instructions regarding secret shopping at Walmart and evaluating Western Union. This appears to be a scam, whereby I deposit the cheque and deduct amounts to send on to a third party via Western Union. I am quite certain that once I send the money on, the account the cheque was issued from will prove to have insufficient funds. Shame on you scammer as well as Citizens Equity First Credit Union (the bank that issued the cheque)! Look out all you in need of some extra cash that think you just received a windfall...

KatiV Aug 08, 2011

I wasn't lucky enough to get my check cashed or deposited. I contacted them and no matter what I asked about redemptions, the answer was always exactly the same from word to word. It almost seems that they have only one automatic answer to each subject. So, now I have closed my account and I will try to forget that this company ever existed. Will tell everyone to avoid this company. On the other hand, it might work just fine in other countries, but definitely not in Finland. Better luck for every one else.

KatiV Aug 02, 2011

I live in Finland have been a member in GTM maybe few years, and just received my first check. I was like yippee ! Till now everything has been fine. But when I went to a bank and tried to deposit it into my bank account, I couldn't do that. The bank said they cash only bank checks, not company checks, which this check apparenty is. I have been in contact with several banks and they all say they can't cash it. I even asked from Western Union. So at the moment it seems I'm not able to get my money. I have contacted GTM and now I'm just waiting if they can help me with this problem. If I don't get any help from them and can't get my money, I have only one thing to do...close my account in GTM, and forget about them totally. But next few days I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and hope everything will turn out okay.

• Kc
    kcrow Jun 26, 2011

When I first joined a few years ago, I completed surveys, accumulated 1, 000 points and received a $50 check. Many times I have been screened out after completing 20 minutes of a survey. Recently, I completed an hour long survey for 180 market points ($9.00). After completion of the survey, the company conducting the survey requested that I allow them to leave an icon on my desktop, which I agreed to since I figured it was proof that I completed the survey. Points were never credited to my account so I contacted Global Test Marketing. First, they said it would take two months to credit my account because this was a special survey, then they said I did not qualify because I used by home computer instead of my work computer, and finally they told me I did not qualify because I was screened out of the survey. It does no good to challenge them because you will never win. I currently have 515 points, so I am going to complete another 485 points worth of surveys and them I am going to kiss this company good-bye, after first reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.

• Kb
    k_bee Jun 22, 2011

I have been taking surveys for Global Test Market for almost 5 years now and have never had any problems with them. I've never heard of them being a "Mystery Shopping Company" and there is nothing on their website that indicates that they do mystery shopping, so I am confused by all the posts about people receiving checks for $3, 000 to be mystery shoppers. I think it must be another company using the same name or something. I have cashed in my points from taking surveys several times throughout the years and always received a legitimate check for whatever amount of money was owed me and never had any problems with my checks being accepted by my bank. I don't think these are mystery shopping checks are coming from the same company as the Global Test Market survey company.

• Dg
    dgseriouslynot May 11, 2011

it dont take me long to find a scam, and gtm is one for sure!but it doesnt stop here, the rest are scams as well.they promise cash DAILY but never follow thru.so keep doing your surveys that promise you an income of around 1000 us dollars a month for six months of work and payout not even close to the promises in percentages!so one word of advise from me...quit the survey world and spend your time the way you can enjoy or actually make money.in closing, id like to thank surveymastermind.com for empty promises and a big waste of time.

• Mz
    mzgotitgud May 06, 2011

i got a check and went to bank its fraud they told me that 200 hunderd dollars would be mine and i would have to go to westren unoin and kamart to shop and tell my experince its a real check but after you withdraw the funds it comes out of your account so you will loss all your money pepole dont do it global test market is fraud joseph corring and lisa smith stop robbing pepole no one has money to throw away...1100 112th av 1351 washington blvd. suite 5000 stamford, ct 06902 if u recive this check from these pepole please by all means void it...

• Le
    leapard1 Mar 31, 2011

Well, I just got a letter in the mail to be a secret mystery shopper from them with a check for $2, 990.00. On the letter head I have a address and a phone number to contact. Here is the information;

Globel Test Market
    1100 112th Avenue
    1351 WashingtonBlvd.
    Suite 5000
    Stamford, CT 06902
    [protected] Fax; #[protected]
    Hope this helps you.

zamfir27 Jan 27, 2011

Global Test Market (GTM) is a SCAM. When companies mail out a flyer with a check for you to deposit as a test run to survey Western Union or Moneygram, you wait until the funds show up in your account, remove the money and send it back to them, they stop payment on the check they gave you, and you're out the amount of the check, and owe it to the bank. This scam is easily identifiable and has been around a long time. When their flyer has misspellings in it, it's the first flag it is a scam. Professional companies proofread their grammer and spellcheck before printing.
    BOTTOM LINE : "Nothing is free", and "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"...P.T. Barnum said it decades ago, , "There's a sucker born every minute", and there are still people who just don't get it. Those who ignore history, are doomed to repeat it, and are usually the same peolple who didn't do their homework in school. Do yourselves a favor, get a better education to get a better, higher paying job, or a second job for supplemental income. Otherwise your best bet is to keep wasting your money playing the lottery...

noodjle Jan 19, 2011

Well I got kicked out for non activity, lost whatever points I had accumulated . How can you be active when you're not contacted? Most sites are more forgiving if something happens but not this one ... you get fired with no pay, no recourse. I guess good riddance. I had to laugh when then getting a customer service rating form.
    The response from them ...

According to our records, your account was not in compliance with the User
    Agreement, notably Section 3.

MarketPoints expire three years from the date of award and twelve (12) months
    of no account activity.

GlobalTestMarket reserves the right to terminate any account suspected of User
    Agreement violations and further forfeit all awards earned from said account.
    Mike

• Tr
    Troy12 Jan 16, 2011

I have been doing Global Market Survey for a couple of months.
    The opportunity to get points now is very rare and they keep pumping me for info- then disqualify me...after they ask about 15 questions.
    I am glad that some folks have had a good experience- I am very leery right now

• Fu
    FuGodSLuvd Dec 09, 2010

thanks guys. i don't think i'm going to touch this crap with a ten foot pole ;)

• Lo
    lowei Nov 04, 2010

i live in malaysia. i've received not many surveys maybe because of the location i stay. however, i managed to cash out USD50 once. I waited for nearly 2 months to get the cheque. They send by using courrier service. So make sure there's someone in the address you gave to receive it.

For me, GTM is just something i did during free time. As i'm not depending on the cash out, so it doesn't matter how long it takes to gain 1000 points or how long it takes to send me the cheque.

As for points not credited in the account, i noticed that. But GTM sent me an email saying that they're having difficulty in crediting the points into account on time, they asked us to wait patiently. So i waited and my points are credited as promised.

So far, no issue for me...

• Ba
    babybear Nov 01, 2010

This comment is for Global Test Market

I attempted to join you, but got nothing but an error message saying my email was already being used.

No kidding.

I think I will Pass and find another test marketing company

sorry
    r.parker

• Ti
    Tinkerbell8 Oct 31, 2010

I just started 2 wks ago & I immediately saw how many of the surveys of which I was quickly eliminated. I'm a senior on social security & need more $$ for food & utilities. Not to be scammed out of my time & honest efforts.

• Mu
    mursaydee Oct 06, 2010

BEWARE everyone just yesterday someone sent me a phony check from global test market claiming that i was chosen to become a mystery shopper. The instructions was for me to deposit this check into my bank account and send them 2, 900 through western union and spend 100 at walmart but dont let the store know that u are a mystery shopper. First of all the check signature looked like a two yr old signed it. Second the address was wrong for global test market.And third the envelope it came in didnt have a return address on it, and the postage stamp was from canada. I got scammed a couple of yrs ago with a phony check i lost my bank account was put on check systems police couldnt do anything about it. No help from western union at all so please be aware of these scams. The government let's these types of things go on because make money by any means necessary.

Taahirah Aug 26, 2010

*****I am not UPSET for not getting paid to do nothing

Taahirah Aug 26, 2010

I am not accept for not getting paid to do nothing. IF you read my post before you commented you would see that clearly. I had been with GTM for several years and taken many surveys in which I rightly earned my points. When I cashed in my points I never got my money. After contacting them several times with no response I decided to cancel my account. Please read carefully before you comment. Thank you

• Pa
    patfredrick Aug 26, 2010

DO not accept a mystery shopping check from GTM, I found out it is a scam!I was sent a check for $3000, oo.Was checking in on it before doing anything with it, You only get 300, oo of the money and the rest is sent back to them.I mailed the check back to them and it was returned to me saying wrong address.So i called them with the number that came with the check and told them what happened and the lady didnt want to talk to me about it, she hung up on me.I tore the check up and i will never deal with this company ever again.

Taahirah Jul 21, 2010

I have been with GlobalTestMarket for quit some time now and up until very recent I started having problems with them. I had enough points to request a reward and I did so. 8 weeks past and I never got it so I contacted them several times afterwards and no one will respond to me. I wish there was some way to report them so they can be investigated. It the principal of it with me because if I take time out of my busy day to take your surveys then when I request my compensation for it I should receive it. They can be sued for this type of behavior.

• Tm
    tmgbrown Jul 10, 2010

i was thinking about joining this service when i saw an ad for it on facebook, but now after reading all the complaints, i'm dead set against it. and for people that have had their accounts randomly terminated: i decided to read the "terms of use" section before i considered joining, and there was a section in it that said that GTM has the authority to terminate any existing account for whatever reason, at any time. now i know this is so they can cheat people out of money they've taken time out of their days to earn. this company is a big huge scam, i'm definitely NOT joining