Menu
Gift Cash Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Gift Cash
reviews and complaints

www.giftcash.ca

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.6 29 Reviews

How responsive is Gift Cash's customer service?

0 Resolved
15 Unresolved
Absolutely frustrating 🫠
It's quite possible that Gift Cash is not aware of the complaints or rarely monitors their existence because we find it hard to believe they don't care about their customers. We advise reviewers to be very careful and have a backup plan if their issue isn't addressed. Check out other unresolved complaints on ComplaintsBoard to avoid problems caused by Gift Cash's silence.
Verify
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Gift Cash reviews and complaints 29

Sort by:

Newest Gift Cash reviews and complaints

6:01 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Gift Cash - Payment not received

On 8/24 sold a 50$ store gift card for crypto taking 39$ . Within 48 hours received email stating they verified funds on card all is good.. yesterday 9/9 was the 10th business day and no payment .. I spoke with several different people who like to pass the buck stating all the sane thing “ your payment is queued just waiting to be released for batch...

M
3:15 pm EDT

Gift Cash Avoid using giftcash.com

Avoid using giftcash.com. I submitted orders to sell gift cards ONE MONTH ago, and they have yet to process them. Today, they informed me that the orders were canceled due to "changing market demands." Selling to them is a waiting game of a whole month, and if the "market" shifts, tough luck.

Furthermore, exercise caution as they previously attempted to steal my card information and falsely claimed that the card had been used. I managed to obtain transaction information for the card from the issuer, and it aligns with their processing time and amount of my card.

Their practices are fraudulent and untrustworthy.

F
7:10 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gift Cash Surprisingly Great Experience with Gift Cash: Easy Transaction & Efficient Customer Service

So, I was pretty scared when I read the reviews about Gift Cash. But, I had two gift cards that I got for Christmas that I wanted to sell, so I decided to give it a try. And let me tell you, I was pleasantly surprised!

I got an offer that was way better than any other app I had tried before. And the transaction process was super easy to figure out. It did take about five days for the transaction to go through, but that's understandable since I completed it on a Saturday night.

After waiting for a few days, I decided to contact customer service to see what was going on. I sent them an email and they got back to me right away. They told me that my transaction was approved and that I should be receiving my payment soon.

I checked my account a little while later and the money was already in there! I didn't have any issues with the app at all. The customer service was super nice and efficient. Overall, this worked out better than any other gift card app that I had used before.

I really don't understand why some people have left negative reviews. Maybe they were just having a really bad day and taking it out on Gift Cash? Because I had no issues at all and I will definitely be using them again! Thanks, guys!

Is Gift Cash legit?

Our verdict: Gift Cash's operations, reviewed by Complaints Board, reveal a mostly legit stature albeit not without reservations. This assessment encourages users to navigate Gift Cash's offerings with a discerning eye, especially scrutinizing the fine print and any user feedback closely.

Gift Cash earns 67% level of Trustworthiness

Good Credibility Notice: Gift Cash rated around 67% by Complaints Board. Generally safe, but exercise caution in information sharing.

Gift Cash has received 5 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

The age of Gift Cash's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Giftcash.ca has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Giftcash.ca has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The giftcash.ca may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • Gift Cash protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Gift Cash. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
M
3:32 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gift Cash Disappointing Experience with GiftCash.ca: Order Canceled and Gift Card Stolen

I recently had an experience with GiftCash.ca that left me feeling frustrated and disappointed. I had a $100 gift card that I wanted to cash in, and I found GiftCash.ca online. They offered to buy my card and exchange it for an ACH deposit to my bank, which sounded like a good deal to me.

I provided all the necessary details for the transaction and received a confirmation email that said, "WOO-HOO! We received your order! Just hold on to your cards and we'll take care of the rest!" I was excited to get my money and waited patiently for about 10 business days.

However, when I inquired about the status of my transaction via text, I was informed that my order had been canceled. I was confused and frustrated, so I sent a few emails and texts to try to figure out what had happened.

Eventually, I was told that GiftCash.ca had set the value they would pay me at $85.00, which I was okay with. But then they canceled my order without any explanation. When I checked the balance on my gift card with Best Buy, I found that it was now 0.00.

I contacted GiftCash.ca again, and they dismissed my concerns by referring me to their "Terms of Service." They told me that my property had been stolen, but that it was "Tough Bananas!" and that I should contact Best Buy for a transaction printout.

When I contacted Best Buy, they could only tell me over the phone the date of the transaction my card was charged and drained, but no other information existed because it was a gift card.

Feeling frustrated and out of options, I filed a report with ftc.gov and the Better Business Bureau. Overall, my experience with GiftCash.ca was not a positive one, and I would caution others to be careful when dealing with this company.

1:39 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gift Cash Gift Cash Review: Slow, Unreliable, and Zero Communication - Avoid at All Costs

I gotta say, this website Gift Cash is a total disaster. I usually don't write reviews, but I just had to vent my frustration and help out my fellow people. I mean, seriously, how slow can a company be? They even had to send me an email saying "we haven't forgot about you" - like, duh, it's been over 10 days and my money still isn't in my account. I sold a gift card to Gift Cash and another one to CardCash. CardCash approved and accepted my card and had the money in my bank in just 2 days. But Gift Cash? They took the money from my gift card after 3 days of me sending it in, and now I'm still waiting for my money. And the worst part? There's zero communication from them. No updates on their website, no emails, nothing.

I mean, come on, if you're going to be this slow and make people wait this long, at least have the decency to communicate with them. And let's not forget that we're trusting them with our gift card information - that's a big deal! They should be doing everything in their power to make sure we feel safe and secure. But nope, they're just taking their sweet time and leaving us in the dark.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this website to my worst enemy. If you want to sell your gift cards, go with CardCash. They're fast, reliable, and actually communicate with you. And if you're reading this, please, please, please don't use Gift Cash. They're a total nightmare. I'm even considering taking further action to get this company revoked - I've done it before and I'll do it again if I have to. Companies like this shouldn't exist. They're just causing more pain for us, the customers, and they're getting the better end of the deal to begin with. So save yourself the headache and stay far away from Gift Cash.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gift Cash Terrible Customer Service and Long Processing Times: My Experience with Gift Cash

This website called Gift Cash (giftcash.ca) is just terrible. I mean, their customer service is just the worst. They never write back to you, no matter how many times you try to contact them. And let me tell you, it doesn't matter if you're selling a gift card for a small amount or from a popular store, it still takes them a ridiculous 3.5 to 4.5 weeks to process it.

I made the mistake of using them not once, not twice, but three times. And each time, I was left disappointed and frustrated. I thought that maybe, just maybe, things would be faster since I was a returning customer. But nope, I was wrong.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend using Gift Cash to anyone. It's just not worth the hassle and the wait. There are plenty of other websites out there that offer the same service, but with much better customer service and faster processing times. So save yourself the trouble and look elsewhere.

V
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gift Cash Gift Cash (giftcash.ca) Review: Frustrations with Payout Process and Lack of Transparency

I've had an interesting experience with Gift Cash (giftcash.ca), and unfortunately it hasn't all been positive. Initially, I was excited about the platform - there appeared to be numerous opportunities to earn cash by completing surveys, participating in free offers, and more. Who doesn't love the idea of earning some extra money on the side, especially when it can be done on a flexible schedule?

However, my excitement quickly turned to frustration when I realized that the payout process was not as seamless as advertised. After waiting for almost three weeks, I still hadn't received the money that I was entitled to. This was particularly frustrating given that the website had assured me that the payout would only take five days. When I reached out to customer support to try and figure out what was going on, I was told that it could take up to 14 business days for the funds to be transferred to my bank account. I was also directed to the FAQ page, which didn't even explain the payout time frames anywhere.

I wouldn't say that the platform is necessarily a scam, but it's clear that they could be running a tighter ship. When people are committing their time and effort to earn money through Gift Cash, they deserve to have a clear understanding of when they can expect to be paid. Moreover, the lack of transparency around this issue is concerning. Ultimately, while Gift Cash may have some potential as a way to earn extra cash, the challenges with payout make me hesitant to recommend it to others.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gift Cash Gift Cash Review: Poorly Run Company with Payment Issues and Unhelpful Customer Service

Gift Cash (giftcash.ca) is a company that I would not recommend to anyone. In my experience, it seems like they are either a scam or just really poorly run. I had two gift cards that I wanted to sell, one from Amazon and the other from Target. I waited patiently for 15 business days, but I didn't receive any payment from Gift Cash.

I decided to contact the company to see what was going on. They told me that they were having trouble selling the Amazon card because apparently no one wants Amazon cards. I was really frustrated with this response because I know that Amazon is a popular retailer and many people would be interested in buying a gift card from them.

The company then suggested that I accept a refund for the Amazon card so that they could put my Target card in line for payout. They told me that it would take another 15 business days for me to receive payment for the Target card. At this point, I was really fed up with the whole situation.

I decided that I didn't want to deal with Gift Cash anymore and told them that they could keep the cards. I figured that I would use the next 15 business days to write reviews about my experience with the company.

Overall, I would not recommend Gift Cash to anyone. They seem to have a lot of issues with paying their customers and their customer service is not very helpful. If you're looking to sell gift cards, I would suggest looking for a different company to work with.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gift Cash GiftCash Review: Poor Payout and Verification Process, Not Worth Your Time or Money

I recently had a poor experience with Gift Cash and would like to share my thoughts with others to prevent anyone else from dealing with the same frustration. In my opinion, this website is not worth your time or money, and I highly suggest using other gift card websites such as EjGiftCards.com.

One of the biggest issues I faced with GiftCash is their lack of care and promptness in paying out. It took them an excessive amount of time before they finally paid me, and I found this to be beyond aggravating. While they state that it will take 10 to 15 days, I personally witnessed that their competitors can pay out in less than five days.

Another frustrating experience was with their verification process. Despite using their service for months, they waited way too long before asking for verification, and I wasn't even notified that they received my information. This can be a big waste of time for anyone dealing with them.

Additionally, their chat customer service is robotic, which can make resolving any issues and concerns extremely difficult. Overall, I was extremely unhappy with the experience that I had with GiftCash and certainly won't be returning. It's a shame that a company would be so dishonest and stealing card information and funds is unacceptable. Please stay away from this website and consider other trusted alternatives.

L

A
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gift Cash Efficient and Friendly: My Experience Selling Gift Cards with GiftCash.ca

GiftCash.ca is truly the top destination for selling any unwanted gift cards in Canada. In comparison to other popular sites such as Cardswap and Giftcardswild, GiftCash.ca offers the most competitive payout rates. In addition, this platform provides the quickest payout time possible due to its ability to transfer funds via Interac, eliminating any concerns about lost cheques or delays in payment processing.

But what sets GiftCash.ca apart from the competition is its exceptional team of friendly and professional staff members. My personal experience has been overwhelmingly positive, mainly due to my interactions with Hala, who has consistently gone above and beyond to provide exemplary customer service. It's refreshing to work with a team that not only values your business but also makes you feel like a respected and valued member of their community.

What's particularly impressive is that, in many cases, you don't even need to physically mail in your gift cards- simplifying the selling process and making it that much easier to earn cash for items that may otherwise go unused. All in all, I can confidently say that I am a satisfied customer of GiftCash.ca and highly recommend this service to anyone looking to sell their gift cards quickly, efficiently, and at great rates.

S
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gift Cash Review of GiftCash: Very Satisfying Experience with Responsive Customer Service and Smooth Process

I recently had the pleasure of using the online service, GiftCash, to sell a gift card that I had received but had no use for. Initially, I had certain expectations about how the process would go and how long it would take to receive my payment. However, while the process did take slightly longer than I anticipated, I want to reassure readers that I found the experience to be extremely satisfying overall.

One of the major reasons I enjoyed using GiftCash was because of the responsive and helpful customer service team. Whenever I had questions or concerns, I was able to use the text option to contact them and receive timely responses. This alleviated any anxiety or stress I had about the process and made it a lot more relaxing.

Although the selling process took slightly longer than anticipated, I want to stress that this was not due to any fault on GiftCash's part. Instead, it was related to the specific type of gift card I was selling, and the necessary verifications that were required. Despite this, I felt informed and updated throughout the entire process and never felt in the dark about the status of my order.

Overall, my experience using GiftCash was an extremely pleasant one and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking to sell their unwanted gift cards. The convenience, ease-of-use, and help from support meant that this was a truly satisfying transaction. I want to thank the team at GiftCash for their professionalism and efficiency and will certainly use them again in the future.

Sincerely,
David.

J
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gift Cash Giftcash Online Gift Card Exchange: An Awful Experience as an Employer

I regret to inform you that my experience working with Giftcash, which is an online gift card exchange website, was anything but positive. In fact, it was downright awful. I would not recommend this place as an employer to anyone.

To begin with, the payroll system is a disaster. Your paycheck arrives late, if at all, and often with mistakes in the amount. If you have any garnished wages, don't count on Giftcash to pay them. The warehouse where the products are stored and organized is a complete mess, like a child's toy box. The order of operation changes daily, leading to a high percentage of products being returned or sent back from distribution. This means that even if you are a Giftcash customer, you are not guaranteed to receive the correct product or quality.

Furthermore, when selling a gift card to Giftcash, the seller may not receive payment. This is a major problem. Additionally, the management is highly unprofessional. Supervisors have been known to threaten employees, saying things like "Speak with corporate and you'll be fired." On top of that, Giftcash has many OSHA violations that are highly concerning. One can simply Google the name of the warehouse coordinator, Rob Evon, to see that something illegal may be happening.

In conclusion, based on my personal experience, I cannot recommend Giftcash. Their payroll system is inadequate, the warehouse is disorganized, and the management is unprofessional. This business is not trustworthy, and I would advise anyone who is considering Giftcash to look elsewhere for employment or for gift card purchases.

Gift Cash Beware of Gift Cash: Scammed out of $855.99 for Costco shop card

My experience at Gift Cash (giftcash.ca) was appalling to say the least. I sold my Costco shop card with a balance of $855.99 for $750 and waited patiently for two weeks for the payout. However, I began to feel anxious after not receiving any updates and feared being scammed. Finally, I received an update that my sell order had been changed to zero, and upon checking my balance on the gift card, it was also zero.

I reached out to customer service multiple times, and each time I got different responses that contradicted each other. I was finally informed that they were able to verify and use only $339 and that my payout was ready to send out. The very next day, my entire order was cancelled once again - leaving me feeling hopeless and devastated.

I have kept every correspondence between me and customer service, and it is undeniable that Gift Cash stole $855.99 from me. It is utterly disappointing that a service that promises swift and efficient transactions would operate in such a fraudulent manner. I am writing this review to warn others to stay away from Gift Cash.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gift Cash WARNING: Gift Cash is Stealing from Customers!

I must warn other potential customers about my terrible experience with Gift Cash (giftcash.ca). Despite having a positive first experience with them, my most recent interaction with them has proven to be an absolute disaster. I sold - or rather, gave - four Amazon gift cards as gifts, only to find out that Gift Cash is not paying up. They are, in essence, stealing from people.

I am not the only one who has faced this issue. It seems that Gift Cash has been randomly selecting a certain percentage of orders and refusing to pay. This is unacceptable. We need an authority to deal with such fraudulent activities. I don't think anyone should be subjected to this type of treatment, particularly when we put our trust in a company to pay us for our items.

Furthermore, Amazon won't disclose any details about who has redeemed the gift cards that I've purchased. Gift Cash's excuses simply don't add up. The situation is frustrating and disheartening, to say the least. It's easy to feel like everyone is out to scam you these days, but it's even worse when a company that you trusted plays a role in it.

All in all, I feel robbed, and I'm sure that I'm not alone. Hopefully, my experience can serve as a warning to others to avoid doing business with Gift Cash and anyone else who seems to be acting in bad faith. Don't let yourself be deceived by actors of legitimacy. Let's band together and hold these crooks accountable for their actions.

Gift Cash Poor customer service and false zero balance claim - Gift Cash review

I was highly anticipating using Gift Cash to sell one of my gift cards that I had no use for. This particular card was for a gas station that wasn't located in my area. After providing the necessary information, I received an email the following day stating that the card had a zero balance. However, upon double-checking, I found that the amount on the card was still there, and I certainly wasn't mistaken.

I decided to voice my concerns by messaging someone online, who advised me to contact their customer service. I made the call but had to leave a message without receiving a response. Again, I messaged the online assistant who helped me earlier, and he kindly facilitated a call-back during a specific time. Unfortunately, the call never came through, which was disheartening. Nonetheless, the team was apologetic and asked me to remain available by the phone.

Eventually, I decided to use a different service to sell my gift card and experienced no issues. Sadly, my experience with the returning calls from Giftcash's customer service was sub-par. Therefore, I must rate them one star. However, the online specialist tried his best to help and was friendly, which I appreciated. I wish there were a zero-star option because my expectations were not met, and I was disappointed.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gift Cash Gift Cash Review: Disappointing Customer Service and Invasive Verification Practices

As with any business, customer satisfaction is key to success. One recent review of Gift Cash (giftcash.ca) expresses disappointment with the way they were treated. The reviewer notes that they initially had a smooth experience with the company, selling spare gift cards with no issues. However, things turned sour when they were asked to verify their identity.

According to the reviewer, they were initially asked to provide their driver's license as proof of identity, which they did. However, this was not enough, and they were asked to provide additional address proof. They sent a bank statement which was accepted, and they were told this would be all the verification they would need in the future. However, months later, when they tried to sell another gift card, they were asked to send a selfie holding their ID, which made them uncomfortable. The reviewer notes that they had already verified their identity, and that Gift Cash had confirmed this, so it was not appropriate for them to demand additional information, especially in such a potentially invasive way.

Ultimately, the reviewer claims that their account was terminated and that Gift Cash stopped replying to their emails. They feel that it is not appropriate for companies to treat their customers poorly or to force them to make potentially uncomfortable choices like sending selfies holding their IDs. The reviewer also notes that Gift Cash has not provided any information about how the previously provided information was being stored or who had access to it, which made them uneasy.

As a result of this experience, the reviewer has submitted complaints to the Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau. They suggest that Gift Cash needs to revise their policies to be less intrusive and to hire more professional and polite staff if they want to continue to succeed. Ultimately, this review serves as a reminder that businesses need to prioritize customer satisfaction if they want to remain competitive in today's market.

E
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gift Cash GiftCash Review: Turning My Unused Gift Cards into Cash - A Positive Experience with Some Tips and Warnings

My experience with GiftCash has been quite positive. As someone who wanted to offload my unused gift cards and turn them into cash, I was initially skeptical of the process. However, after placing a couple of orders and seeing some initial success, I began to sell more and more gift cards through the platform. In fact, I have sold up to $4,000 worth of gift cards in just one month!

It's important to note that patience is key when using GiftCash. The site advertises that most transactions are processed between 5 and 15 business days of the order being made, but it's important to remember that not all transactions will be processed within this timeframe. In order for GiftCash to have the necessary cash flow to pay its sellers, they stagger payouts and allow themselves time to recoup expenditures. While this may mean waiting in excess of a month for some orders, I have always been paid out in full.

One tip I have for using GiftCash is to place individual orders for each gift card. For larger orders with multiple gift cards, the processing time may be longer as GiftCash does not offer partial payments. By placing smaller, individual orders, you can receive smaller but more frequent payouts while you wait for your gift cards to be processed.

Occasionally, I have encountered a bug when making orders with numerous gift cards. This glitch will overwrite previous entries if you try to correct it down your list. If this happens, simply remove or zero out the affected cards in the order and try again separately. This is another reason to place multiple small orders instead of a couple large ones if possible.

Overall, I am pleased with my experience with GiftCash and plan to continue using the platform to sell my unused gift cards. Just remember to be patient and you will likely have a positive experience too!

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gift Cash Gift Cash Review: Inconsistent Service Quality and Lengthy Processing Times

Gift Cash (giftcash.ca) had once been a reliable and efficient platform for me. In fact, for the first three times I used their service, I was quite impressed with the quick turnaround time in receiving my deposit - it took me no longer than seven days to have the money credited to my account. However, I have been noticing a significant decline in their service quality lately, which has seriously dampened my overall experience.

The last two deposits I made with Gift Cash took nearly a whole month to process, which is quite frustrating given how they had performed in the past. It feels like the company has let its standards slip and is failing to provide the same level of service that they had promised and previously delivered upon. I'm not sure what has caused this shift in their performance, but it is clear that they have some serious work to do to win back the trust and loyalty of their customers.

While I appreciate the convenience and simplicity of using giftcash.ca, I am hesitant to recommend it to anyone at this moment. I am hoping that they will get their act together soon and regain their former reliability and efficiency. Until then, I will be looking for other alternatives in the market.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Gift Cash customer service

Phone number

+1 702-707-6545

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Gift Cash?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Gift Cash Customer Service. Initial Gift Cash complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Gift Cash above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Gift Cash. Discuss the issues you have had with Gift Cash and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.