Geek Squad — lost files
Computer won't turn on. Brought it in. Said I just want my files. If I can fix the computer, great. If not, just need the files. They give me a form and ask for important files. I say "I can't think of every importatn file off the top of my head here". "No problem, we get it all but just want to make sure we get the priority ones." Picked up my back up cds. Well, since they weren't on my list they didn't retrieve them. The drives have been scrubbed and they are gone. Kids photos, budget info, music. I can't put a price tag on the damage these people did. If I would've known I needed to tell them EVERY file I would've but "we get them all". So now I'm totally ticked off and lost a year's worth of photos of my kids. Nice. Thanks Geek Squad.
More Geek Squad Complaints & Reviews
- Geek Squad - geek squad - is a total rip off!
- Geek Squad - phone insurance
- Best Buy/geek Squad - tv repair took forever
- Best Buy Geek Squad - the geek squad really sucks!
- Best Buy / Geek Squad - laptop repair
- Geek Squad - repair a virus in my laptop - lost my entire data + fraud
- Geek Squad - did not replace defective part for freezer
- Geek Squad - can't fix my problem
- Geek Squad - moving old info from old microsoft hard drive to newly purchased hard drive work done with geek squad at hutchinson, mn location
- Best Buy / Geek Squad - dumb # geek squad agents!