Gately's / DesignDining.comGately's Shopping Network is a FRAUD!

Gately's Shopping Network / DesignDining.com

I ordered a dinette set from Gately's (via their web site, "designdining.com) more than 6 weeks ago (on 8/19/07). They sent me a confirmation e-mail that day and my bank confirms that they immediately debited my account for the entire amount ($539.99). Yet 41 days later, I have not heard from them and I haven't received my order. When I try calling their customer service line, they say their phone system isn't working correctly and they tell you to e-mail any inquiries. They say they will respond within a day. I haven't received a response. I tried calling the master corporate telephone number listed with the phone company at their address and I got a message to hit pound for a directory of extensions. When you hit pound, you get a message "invalid entry" before getting disconnected! So, they took my $540, did not deliver my product and there is no way to communicate with them. OH.. the best part... if you attempt to demand your money back, their web site says they will charge you a mandatory 30% "restocking fee"! Fantastic!

• Pe
    penny beaver Oct 08, 2007

I ordered furniture on 9/17 and the charge was placed on my credit on 9/17. I have never received the furniture and their phone service is ALWAYS "experiencing difficulties". They do not respond to emails. I placed a dispute on my credit card today! DO NOT BUY FROM ANY GATELYS STORES!

Maureen Oct 06, 2007

I ordered 8 dining chairs from designdining.com on April 25, 2007. My credit card was charged on April 26, 2007. I have not received the chairs and I have called them so many times I see red when I think abou t it. They have outright lied to be about delivery dates and promised deliveries to me that never happened. I sold my previous chairs after a promised delivery date and have had NO dining chairs since then which was three months ago. I have filed a complaint with the BBB in colorado and also sent a letter to the Colorado Attny General. I will now contact my credit card company at your suggestion. Thank you. They have made interest on all of our money.

• Ca
    Cathy Le Oct 06, 2007

If you purchased from any of the Gately's Family of Stores, which includes FutonsStore.com, Sleek Spaces, and MANY MORE... Please file a complaint against them with the Better Business Bureau. Go to bbb.org, the company is listed as Gatelys.

This company has had 230 complaints filed in the last 36 months. They have also filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy on Sept 17, 2007. Additionally, file a dispute with your bank or credit card lender against Gately's. Let's all do what we can to put pressure on this fraudulent company!