Freeway Auto Insurancebait and switch

R

Total bait and switch routine, be cautious. I provided all the needed info for auto insurance over the phone and got a reasonable quote. They called me the next day and said they'll give me an additional %25 off the premium if I came in to complete the paperwork that day so I drove in. Once there they said they entered my marriage information wrong and since I was not married, the rates were now more than double. The agent tried to convince me to get less insurance for a "better price" but I declined and walked out of there. They wasted over 2 hours of my time. On top of that they called me several times in one day. I even got a phone call when I was sitting at the desk trying to get the rate they promised me. I don't recommend this place at all.

• Ha
    hatingfreeway? Jan 14, 2012

Freeway Insurance is not a direct company. As long as you guys keep going through a broker you will always be robbed. all drivers with clean record should not be paying a broker fee. go directly with mercury or on your own computer go through progressivedirect.com one thing i will tell you guys out of all the agencies freeway insurance is without a doubt the biggest rip off. dont be fooled the broker fee is included in the downpayment. the higher the downpayment the higher the broker fee. the broker fee is negotiable. do not let them tell you it is the cheapest. no matter what plan you take you should not pay anymore than $40 over your monthly payment as you initial payment.. if you are paying too much more on your first payment than what your actual monthly payment is... you are being ripped off. you guys complain about being lied to or deceived. i have the best solution for you. department of insurance. go to search california department of insurance and the website includes the phone number, this is worst than throwing the cops on them. if you guys hate them that much and want them shut down for their dishonest business all they need is enough department of insurance complaints and they will be shut down.