Fred Meyerunethical behavior, bad customer service and information

J Feb 05, 2020

Last night (2/4/20) I came into Fred Meyer to buy a Dyson vacuum cleaner that was on sale for $499.00 with a 20% Housewares coupon that ended on 2/4/20. It was also Senior discount day. I had a difficult time getting assistance as there were no vacuum's on the floor. I walked to the front of the store where I saw an employee and it took me 3 attempts to get her attention. When I told her what I needed she said, "oh, I'll have to call a Red Coat". When the Red Coat arrived she followed me to the Housewares dept., went in the back and came out to tell me there were no more Dyson's. I asked for a rain check. She told me I would not receive the 20% discount but they would override the register and give me my senior discount. She also told me there was a sale next week so she would give me that 10% (I can use that but not the current 20%?). I told her I was in 2 days prior and an employee from this department told me I would be able to use the 20% discount and my senior discount if I needed a rain check as there were no Dyson's on the floor. Ms. Red Coat (can't read her name) said, "oh, she was probably just [censored]ting you and trying to avoid you". She said most don't know what they're talking about but rain checks can't be used with the coupons. I told her the lady was very helpful, came up to me to help me and wasn't trying to avoid me. I also told her I've done this several times when there's a sale. She still professed this to be an error. I was appalled by her behavior, using profanity while explaining services, as I'm sure management would be. I had my 6 year old granddaughter with me and chose not to ask for higher management and to contact you directly to complain. I can't make out her name but I can give a you her initials on the rain check and a description: initials are E. S; she has long hair with streaks of pink, purple, green; she has tattoos, piercings on her face and she's heavy set. I would appreciate it if I could get my rain check with the original coupon and my senior discount. Also, I believe you should know the kind of employee's that represent your store. When you look up my phone number, you will be able to see that I am a valued customer as is my family members here in Brookings. Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.