Forrest General Hospital Logo

Forrest General Hospital

Having problems with Forrest General Hospital?

Forrest General Hospital Customer Service Contacts

6051 US Highway 49
Hattiesburg, Mississippi

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Forrest General Hospital Customer Service. Initial Forrest General Hospital complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Forrest General Hospital above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Forrest General Hospital. Discuss the issues you have had with Forrest General Hospital and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Forrest General HospitalEmergency Room Doctor and Nurses

I was seen on the 31Dec2019. I complained of stomach pains above my navel and my upper right abdomen. Ct Scan was performed showed I had Fibroid tumor in lower abdomen. Kept explaining that I couldn't eat had lost over 15 lbs already. Was told it was the fibroids and I had to learn how to deal with them. Gave me a nausea pill and a freaking Lortab after she said she couldn't give me anything for pain. 2 weeks later they're removing my gallbladder. Was not taking seriously and every Nurse on call was to busy worrying about getting off the service was not satisfactory. I rather stay home and suffer before I go back to this rude hospital ever again!

Forrest General Hospitallabor & delivery nurses/crna’s

The nurses and crnas are very rude! They look like they are miserable with their lives! I took my sister to Forrest General the day she was going to have her baby and Iris told her to be there at 5am! We got there at five and they said we had to wait for a room because WE DIDNT CALL FIRST! We finally got a room an hour and a half later. Not recommended

Forrest General Hospitalemergency room

History: 45 year old male, IBS, no gall bladder or appendix, previous two weeks on a diet of potatoes due to IBS, 12 pounds lost in last month, presented with severe pain in upper abdomen under rib cage, pain so severe blood pressure was elevated and body trembling. Anything drink or food over the past two days causes severe pain for hours after intake. Time in: 12:30 PM. EKG completed immediately: negative result. Moved to room. Nurse Practitioner shows up and says she will run some test. I'm walking around in circles in the room due to pain. At 2:30, two hours after arrival I was administered 10mg morphine. Shortly after an X-ray and CT scan with contrast showed nothing. Bloodwork came back normal. Haven't seen the NP since I got there and never saw her again, just a nurse. At about 8:00 PM a nurse walks in and says they are working up my discharge because everything was negative. During this stay I hadn't eaten or drank anything and was given one bag of fluid. I again informed the nurse that I couldn't eat or drink without pain and even taking oral medication made the pain worse. So, I had quit eating and drinking early that morning. Shortly thereafter a different NP came in, that I've never seen, and said she was discharging me with norco, a stomach coating liquid, and Prilosec. I told her that taking medication made it worse and she said well, there is nothing she could do and that a gastroenterologist was not gonna come up there to do a single upper GI. She didn't even call and talk to the GI on call. I guess they get paid to just "be on call" but never get a call. If I had been the mayor they would have been on top of me trying to figure out what was wrong. So, she had called early and ordered another shot for pain and at that time she had never laid eyes on me! She then discharged me even though we made here aware that no pharmacy was open to fill the medicine. They gave me a high dose of delaudid(sp?) and sent me home with the worst nausea I've ever had and felt almost as bad leaving as I did going in. This place is awful. It is a the most mismanaged concoction I have ever witnessed. Evidently the "leadership" of the ER is always "ON CALL." Also, since I was able to lie in bed and look up for 8 hours I counted 6 blood splatters on the ceiling. Also, they nurse told me to give a urine sample shortly after being placed in a room. I did and sat it on the counter in the room and notified her. My urine was still sitting, unmarked, when I left the room at 8:30 that night. Also, when the first NP came in she said we are gonna draw some blood and start and IV. I showed her the IV in my arm and pointed to the blood that was already drawn and lying on the counter where my urine was sitting. These people are coming and going and not a single one knows what the other is doing. Would make a great comedy skit. That's Forrest General folks. Have a great day!

Forrest General Hospitaler doctor

Dr. Asma Khader is as unconcerned & unprofessional as they could possibly come. I have been fighting double pneumonia, asthma exacerbation & bronchitis for over 2 weeks with a total of 2 admits into the hospital & numerous returns to ER & still having problems with breathing. The dr on duty wanted to admit me once again after some lab work & tests but she said there was no need that it was only anxiety. Should something happen to me, it will be on her hands because everything & everyone shows that my breathing is too shallow & wheezy.

Forrest General Hospitalemergency room

Today I arrived at your hospital at 7:30 am with my girlfriend who was in serious pain and losing a lot of blood due to her menstrual cycle. The problem has existed since we been together. So on this morning we came to your facility for the pain she was suffering from. You registered her and took her to your yellow section in the ER which has the dumb rule that you can't accompany a patient if they are over 21. Never in my 62 years of life have I went to a hospital and denied entry to the room of the person I was bringing their. Need I remind you that you say people not accompanying patients to your yellow section speeds up the procedure of getting people waited on faster is a lie. I waited 2 hours or more on my girlfriend and you still hadn't given her anything for pain only took her blood pressure and temperature while admitting her. Your facility is deplorable, ineffective in diagnosis and incrededibly slow when it comes to assisting people in your ER. For this reason I give you no rating of good statue because your service and your doctors suck. Your doctors have caused me to spend over $300.00 on medications that have not done one thing to solve the problem she's experiencing and think you should be fine or your hospital closed until you can adequately provide proper and speedy medical care to the people you keep in your ER for 6, 7and 8 hours at a time. Your facility is lacking in courtesy, compassion and the best medical care that person entering your doors expecting kindness and compassion and professional service which your doctors and nurses practioners seem to lack in a lot of cases. Not only that but a few months ago I came to your ER myself and was misdiagnosed with my glucose level being out of whack when I actually had an access on my liver that your doctors misdiagnosed and could have killed me had I not went to Merit Health and they found the poison in my blood. And as of today I have no faith in your facility or your medical providers in your ER because they are basically ineffective in the job they do.

Forrest General Hospital — Safety

My father was a vulnerable adult. He suffered a severe brain injury in 2005 and passed away this past June at...

Forrest General Hospitalover charging

I went to Forrest General Hospital to seek care for a swollen leg that was completly red with fever. I waited in the waiting room for around four hours and was told by the nurses that they were sorry for the long wait that they have misplaced my chart. After the nurses let a bunch of people go ahead of me they found my chart and took me to an examination room. The doctor comes in and only looks down at my leg. The doctor did not ask for any blood test or any cultures. A nurse gives me a shot, hands me my perscription for an antibiotic, and sends me home. Two days later I recieve a bill of over fifteen hundred dollars. I believe the care that I recieved was only worth fifty dollars.