Family Dollar Storesaccess issues

Ma Oct 20, 2019 Review updated:

Today at roughly 2pm I was in my neighborhood store doing my usual shopping. Nothing out of the ordinary. I finished my shopping and got to the cashier (Bridgett) as I started to put my things on the counter she stated to me in front of other people that myself and service dog are not allowed in the store while he is not in his vest. I kindly told her that he is not required to have one on. She then stated that I am by there standards have to have one on or we are not allowed on the premises. She stated that I was lying and to show her the laws in which state this. I verbally recited them to her. ADA law does not require that a service dog have anything on identifying who he is or what he is for. She also continued to tell me that the store manager Joe is the person who is saying this. I requested to speak with him. As she then stated he is not working today but he works tomorrow. I asked what time does he come in and she told me don't worry about it to give her the information and she would give it to him. This is not the first issue I have had with her. Prior to this she yelled at myself and children in the store over shoes which again there is no law stating I have to wear shoes.

Comments

• Km
      Oct 20, 2019

Well, you are right there are no laws concerning service animals and vests, and I actually know Family Dollar's policy is not to even ask if an animal is a service animal. I actually think this cashier thought she'd pretend to be smart and say none-sense she thought was true and tried to back it up by stating her manager said that was the policy, even though her manager said nothing about service animals. This is one of those scenarios where it's best to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, then to open your mouth and prove them right.