Extreme Bridal Ruth MooreNo delivery of gowns purchased

L

In 2005, I met with Ruth Moore to purchase gowns from her and be trained in how to open and run a bridal store. She said we could get every dress manufacturer from her and that she had a network of other stores she helped across the nation. She was located in Medford, MN and I was in Florida. She seemed legitimate until I could not get a hold of her or my gown orders. To this day I still of never heard from her. I know of several other girls that this happened to. She takes thousands from them and then delivers used or discontinued styles. If you are interested in opening a bridal business - Stay away from her!

• La
    Lauren Feb 04, 2008

Hi! I have actually been talking to Ruth Moore about doing the same thing. I am looking to open a bridal shop in PA, and she has been very nice online. I started to get nervous though because I cannot find ANY information about her at all on the Internet. Nothing about the business or any people that she helped.

• Bo
    Bonnie Sather Jan 21, 2009

She is very dishonest. Takes your money and does not deliver. I am glad to see this website.

Kayla Sather Jan 21, 2009

Wow after 5 years we finally saw this Ruth Moore in person. She was a bridal show in the Twin Cites. We are informing the show of this dishonest woman hoping she will never be aloud at that or any bridal show ever. She got a piece of our minds. She is dishonest. She took my moms money for my sisters wedding dress and we never got the dress. I hope this website helps other brides so they wont go to her. We will be informing all of the bridal shows in Minnesota. Hopefully she will have to go out of business.

• Mf
    M Furness Feb 04, 2009

Ruth Moore now runs a shop called Classy Lady between Medford and Owatonna, MN. My mother and I made the mistake of ordering a dress from her for my upcoming June wedding. We ordered a Mori Lee dress in early September and she said it would arrive in 12 weeks. She seemed very nice and she promised a lower price than other stores. The dress never came and she said it was held up in customs. My mom started calling her daily. It finally came two months later. When I went to try it on I quickly realized that it was a knock-off of the gown I ordered! It hardly resembled the Mori Lee dress she was supposed to buy. There were no tags in the dress, it wasn't real satin, the beading looked like a child had drawn flowers on it, and it was missing major features of the dress. When I confronted her about it she denied everything!

I demanded our money back and a copy of the invoice. She could not produce the invoice and only returned the deposit when I went out to her store several days later with a police officer. Actually the only reason we were able to get our deposit back was because my parents and fiancé are lawyers. I have since heard many other horror stories about her ripping off customers and people hoping to open bridal stores. There are five legal judgments against her in relation to previous stores she has opened. She also has a scam where she claims to help people open their own bridal stores- after getting their money she never delivers the promised merchandise.

This is Moore’s website for selling dresses and setting up stores online:

She has also been known to make appearances on blogs and message boards:

• Ke
    kelly johnson Feb 28, 2009

I have a bridal shop in N Dakota and have bought from Ruth for the whole time I have been open. I like the quality of the gowns I get and I am happy with service. I am dissappointed to see this. I will continue to buy from her because my experience is much different than this.
    Kelly's bridal, Kelly

• Br
    bride May 06, 2009

No, I went into her bridal shop and talked to her. Trust me she is definitely a scam. I ask her if her dresses were authentic and she said no. She said that her dresses come right from china and skip the authentication progress, what ever that means. she claims that's how she gets them so cheap. She did not seem happy that I was asking her these types of questions. I also asked if the dresses had the tags in them she said no, but that they had her own handmade tags in them. I was going to buy Jim Hjem bridesmaids dresses which are made in the USA, and she said that Jim Hjem dresses came from china. Just go in and talk to her and you will see its a scam. She looks like a scammer. The thing that bothered me the most about her where her long uneven chipped yellow fingernails, it made my stomach turn. No professional woman would look like her.

• Br
    bride May 06, 2009

and I just noticed that if you google bride shops in Fargo North Dakota where "Kelly" is supposed to live there is no Kelly's Bridal. I guess Ruth Moore has always been kinda sloppy

Karen Zeller May 27, 2009

My daughter ordered a dress from Ruth's Classy Lady Bridal shop in Medford last January. Ruth promised the dress would be delivered in April. It is now May 27th and the dress has not yet arrived. She has been saying it will be here in a few weeks. However, we have tried to reach her by phone at least 8 times in the last week and she has not returned our phone calls. We intend to inform the Steele County Sheriff's Department and the Steele County attorney's office if she does not return our deposit or deliver the dress by noon tomorrow (may 28th).

Karen Zeller

• Lu
    Lucky4U Jun 03, 2009

I hope you all saw the KSTP channel 5 news report about this her and her scams! She fled the shop with all her merchandise and just took everyone's money and didn't deliver! Sorry for everyone who lost money or time, etc on this scam artist! Don't take what seems too good to be true, because it probably is a scam! Good luck recovering and careful bridal shopping. There are a lot of people trying to scam brides, especially in this bad economy when everyone is looking for a good deal, and the scammers are looking for someone inexperienced or gullible! Good luck and congratulations to all the new and future brides!

AnonymousViaMailinator Jun 03, 2009

For those going to court with Ms. Ruth Moore, or considering it:

Go to Minnesota's Trial Public Access records (do a search for it) and look up "By Party" in conciliation court records. See how many cases she's racked up already?

This should be enough to keep you all away from her scam. If not, then you've been warned.

From MN's MPA website:

24-C7-[protected] SHEER ILLUSIONS BY ALANA, INC DBA ANJOLIQUE BRIDAL COLLECTION VS. RUTH ANN MOORE AKA RUTH MOORE, IND AND DBA PRAIRIE BRIDAL
    04/15/2005

24-C8-[protected] FARMERS AND MERCHANTS STATE BANK vs. RUTH A. MOORE
    10/10/2003

24-S5-[protected] FARMERS AND MERCHANTS STATE BANK vs. RUTH A. MOORE
    07/21/2003
    Freeborn

27-CV-[protected] FOREVER YOURS INTERNATIONAL CORP. PLAINTIFF VS RUTH A. MOORE, INDIVIDUALLY AND D/B/A BRIDAL VISION DEFENDANT
    08/28/2002
    - Hennepin Civil

74-C4-[protected] SHEER ILLUSIONS BY ALANA INC.DBA ANJOLIQUE BRIDAL COLLECTION VS RUTH ANN MOORE, AKA RUTH MOORE, DBA PRAIRIE BRIDAL, EXTREME BRIDAL
    11/08/2004

74-C5-[protected] LAURA MCCOY VS. RUTH ANNE MOORE AND XTREME BRIDAL, INC
    02/10/2005

74-C6-[protected] FARMERS & MERCHANTS STATE BANK VS. RUTH A. MOORE
    10/21/2004

74-CO-07-245 PATTON, HOVERSTEN & BERG, PA vs Ruth A Moore
    08/08/2007
    Christian, Casey J.

74-CV-06-2039 Ruth A Moore vs Sheer Illusions By Alana Inc., dba Anjolique Bridal Collections, Laura McCoy, SANDY'S BRIDAL INC
    12/08/2006
    Bueltel, Joseph A.

74-CV-08-537 PATTON, HOVERSTEN & BERG PA vs Ruth A Moore
    02/25/2008
    Steele

As you can see she goes by many different business names. I also saw cases under "Ruth More" with bridal shops mentioned as well. Be careful!

Kayla Sather Apr 13, 2010

Glad to see this is still going and she will hopefully get in trouble for being such a terrible business person!!! I hope that everyone gets there $$ back. We won't as it has been 6 years since our problem with her but keep spreading the word hopefully she will not start another business!!! DOWN WITH RUTH MOORE!!! Kelly so sorry to hear you would do business with such a CROOK!!!

• On
    onceuponadress Feb 10, 2011

Well, it looks like she has changed her name or passed the torch to someone named Jean Homan. I have similar stories as all of you and since I didn't deal with Ruth Moore, when I googled information about Jean, nothing negative came up. Only after paying thousands and getting ridiculous dresses, did I do further research and find this. This is very upsetting since I have now opened a bridal store and have no way to buy inventory.

• Ah
    A Hashimi Apr 08, 2013

Thank you thank you 100000 thank you. You guys just saved me $30, 000or more. I was planning on meeting with Ruth soon to help me starting my inventory!! I live in St Louis MO, & I just thought to research her name and business, cuz her excitement to help was too good to be true!! I love you all.

Kayla Sather Apr 08, 2013

So glad that we could help you!!!

• Ia
    iamtrustworthy May 08, 2013

In case anyone's looking for Ruth Moore, you can find her on linkedin.com:
    ruth moore, manager at delegance bridal designs, Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area