Excel Contracting Services, Glen Dale, MDtook $22,500 of my money and ran

S

Excel Contracting Services of Glen Dale, MD - following signing a contract with them, they took $22,500 of my money, started the work, breached the contract and ran with my money. They refuse to respond by phone or mail. I have tried working with a number of attorneys and constantly putting out money to get money back. I am on a disability income (physically challenged) and am in the process of paying back a loan - over $800/month and I am not seeing anything for my money. what recourse do I have? how can I get my money back from this dishonest contractor? this is quite disheartening and becoming a burden?