Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]Poor teaching

D Sep 09, 2020

I have joined EDI in hopes to learn how to drive and obtain my license, but at this point, I dont think I ever will. I have so far attended the required amount of classes by the institute, however my teacher put me on 3 more extensions to prepare me for the internal road assessment. That means I did 12 extra hours on top of the required amount due to my weaknesses being that I can't do U-Turns and left turns, lane changing and I have a slow approach. This means that in the 18 hours I already did, I was unable to do anything and not even know the basics of driving. This reflects how poorly they teach which means more classes and more money for them.
My teacher was also on her phone and making calls which they can be fined for, however I dont think any action was taken after I filed a complaint. The teacher wouldn't correct my mistakes properly and she would not be clear, for example my u turns on a 3 lane road were either too wide or too narrow. She also changes the parking points which makes it hard to follow each lesson since she's always changing her mind which is so confusing.
After changing my instructor on the third extension she taught me more than I did in 2 hours than the 22 hours I did with my previous teacher. I feel very scammed and unhappy with this as the old teacher would be very demotivating. She would say things like "I'm extending you based on your performance" in the beginning of every class which was obviously demotivating and made me perform poorly in the class, giving her more reasons to emend me.

RESOLVED

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Sep 09, 2020

Dear Dwiti,

We apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused to you. Our motive is to build confidence and have you attain the licence with a smile.

We would like to investigate and do all we can to bring back the smile and confidence. To proceed further, kindly share your registration number or call us back on +[protected] or write to us at [email protected]

We hope to hear from you soon.

Emirates Driving Institute