Embassy Suitesmissing camera

Stayed in hotel a week. Day we checked out, we discovered we had left our camera on the bed. We phoned the hotel THAT very day to report the camera was left behind. We were asked to leave a complete description of the item, room number, time we left the property, etc. We were told we would get a call back, but did not. Tuesday, I phoned the hotel and left a message for lost and found person. I was told it was all handled by security and she was at lunch. The next day I called again and got security. I left name, number, camera description, etc. for the second time. Security lady explained only she had the key to the box the camera would have been put in if found. She said she would call me back after she opened the box the next morning. No phone call. I called again and had to leave a message for security. The third or fourth time, the girl who answered the phone told me they would have to check the log book and call me back, as everything found is logged. By now, it is a week and I call the General Manager and leave a message in his voicemail. The next morning I get a hostile message on my voicemail from the security woman scolding me, saying she told me she would call me IF SHE FOUND THE CAMERA - NOT IF SHE DID NOT! The camera was only worth $200. The photos were more important, but the rude treatment will keep us from ever spending another penny here. Obviously, someone employed here kept the camera. We had taken a photo in the room that morning and laid the camera beside the suitcase as we were packing up. We overlooked it in the bed linens as we left. Our initial phone call to lost and found on the day we left, should have been sufficient to speak to the housekeeper that cleaned the room and recover the camera.

Jacob07 Dec 28, 2015

Don't leave nothing in your room. The staff will steal

• Po
    pobarjenkins Mar 16, 2011

It's not their fault you lost the camera. They aren't responsible for it.