Elite Basset HoundsNon delivery of pet /scam

D Jan 11, 2020 Review updated:

Stupidly I paid a $1700 fee upfront to be placed on their waiting list for a miniature basset hound. After a year and a half of waiting, I was given a choice of one puppy which I readily accepted as I was really thinking I was never going to get a dog. Six weeks after the dog was born I was told I had to pay a $490 shipping fee in anticipation of getting the dog shipped to me. Well... months went by with excuse after excuse. The puppy only had one teste drop, the puppy wasn't big enough to sterilize, again the puppy wasn't big enough to sterilize and on and on. Then it was thanksgiving so nothing would happen, then it was a month waiting for blood test results and vet clearances. Then they told me to clear my Christmas holiday schedule if I wanted to get the dog. I did that and they never ever gave me a shipping date. I always emailed them politely and replied nicely as I had read reviews of how they terminate your contract and keep your money if you question them. It states in the contract that they will ship the puppy within 12-20 weeks. To this date, the dog is 32 weeks old and when I questioned that, they put me under ‘review' as I called the dog a dog and not a puppy. Then they put me under review when I mentioned that I paid for a dog. Apparently I did not!! Apparently I bought a dog crate and am getting a free puppy inside it. This ridiculousness has brought such stress and angst into my life that I can't handle it anymore. They have FINALLY emailed me with possible shipping date but want me to sign yet another contract with a bunch of new clauses etc BUT because I didn't sign this new document in 48 hours that I am possibly in breach of the stupid contract and further failure to email or sign the document will result in a breach of contract. Seriously??? Then guess what? If I want to resume discussion of the contract I will have to pay a $1000 breach of contract fee!!! They run a very clever scam. They drive you crazy to the point where you get upset with them, they then turn instantly rude and condescending and slam you with a breach of contract, keep your money and resell the dog. I know I am never getting my money back but I really would like potential future clients to be aware of their scam. It was a very expensive lesson for me but I will never do it again!

More Elite Basset Hounds Complaints & Reviews

Andrew123420 Jan 22, 2020

I had the same experience ! Juan Johnson is a nasty scammer. I spent $1000 18 months ago and finally gave up. Still fitting for my money.

• Tr
    TruthseekerBasset Jan 25, 2020

@Andrew123420 If you had the same experience what is your first and last name? That way posters can properly identify you and the company can identify you so they can post a response to you in a proper format to any false, misleading or inaccurate statements. This is important as I am sure the company would want to ensure true statements are being posted as false once fall under defamation. If you are telling the truth then providing your first and last name would bear no consequences.

• Ba
    Bassetlover959 Jan 28, 2020

@Andrew123420 It is such a shame that this fraudulent company is still in business!! On the plus side, there are now over twenty of us that have found each other online that have been defrauded by elite basset hounds so instead of fretting over the stress and angst they caused, i look forward greatly to all of us suing them!

• Ty
    Tybot360 May 01, 2020

I am currently dealing with the same issue with elite basset hounds. Been two years and still no puppy and a bunch of threatening/bullish emails. Can I help be a part of that group to help put this scam to an end?

Gena Budd Jul 31, 2020

@Tybot360 Yes! Please send me a message! We have a criminal case against them.

• Ed
    Edwa1096 Jul 10, 2020

I also went through this. I did receive a dog but she's riddled with health problems. When we got her she was covered in filth, terrified of people and still is to this day. She has come a long way, but still flinches when you reach over her head to pet her, especially if she doesn't know you. She had absolutely no potty training (like the website said she would) and is incontinent on top of that. She's showing early signs of hip dysplasia on top of everything that's going on and she also has a condition called pseudohermaphrodite (she is kinda a he). We waited 2 years for a dog, another 4 months before we actually got her and she's a gosh darn medical nightmare. This company is terrible and I wish their program would be shut down.

Gena Budd Jul 31, 2020

@Edwa1096 I am so sorry to hear this. So sad! Please contact me I would love to talk to you. We have a criminal case going against them.

• Ap
    Apbgv Aug 19, 2020

yes all of you who have been scammed, contact and get them shut down forever.

• Ly
    Lynnie08 Sep 11, 2020

I am so glad to see this place is finally under investigation. I stupidly signed a contract back in 2016 & to date, never received a puppy or my money back like the contract says I am entitled to after 2 years.

Gena Budd Sep 12, 2020

@Lynnie08 Send me a message!

• Ju
    Julie Morgan Daly Oct 28, 2020

I was ripped off by Grace Basset Hounds...I believe they are now operating under Elite Basset. Scam Artists!
    We are out $2100 with Grace and am sure I will never see our money back!

Gena Budd Oct 29, 2020

@Julie Morgan Daly Hi Julie,

Where did you find Grace Basset Hounds at? There website was just purchased and not yet active. Please email me would like to see if we can help you in any way.

• Le
    Lejane Tellier Nov 18, 2020

I signed my contract in 2017 and no puppy to date! Fully paid including the shipping /flight fee. I was waiting for the puppy since Sep 2019 when I finally get to “select” a puppy. So many excuses like waiting for vet clearance, vet was on vacation and waiting for another clearance, Iowa winter weather, Las Vegas summer weather that they couldn’t fly the puppy, and the last excuse was the pandemic. And also, I switched from pbgv waiting list to mini basset thinking I’ll get a puppy sooner, paid extra for switching.. I was being nice and understanding bec. the contract says they can cancel w/o refund if the client causes any trouble or complaint. I lost my hope and stop emailing. They last called me in April saying that the dog was in good health and that they were just waiting for the lockdown to clear so they can send the puppy.

Today I got a call from Dr. Cindy Watson from dept of agriculture in Missouri. She said this kennel is under investigation and Michael Johnson is in jail for this scam. If I can help in any way or need my statement, please send me an email.

• Me
    Melissa Roe Nov 25, 2020

Gena budd...I’d like to be a part of your case. They just ripped me off for $2045 on 9/30/20. Supposedly the dog was 9 months old and not selected and ready to go. Still no dog. I too was contacted by the department of agriculture of Missouri. They found my records in the location in Missouri of a purchase I made successfully back in March. Michael is in jail in Franklin County Missouri. The 55 dogs that were seized were abused and sick. Elite keeps saying my information is false and that I’m a lier. I hope they put Michael, Juan and anyone else from Elite under the jail. This has gone beyond the money...they are hurting the animals. Disgusting!!!

Comments

• Me
    Melissa Roe Nov 25, 2020

This doesn’t look “False” to me!

Comments