Menu

Education.com
reviews and complaints

www.education.com
www.education.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.4 7 Reviews

How responsive is Education.com's customer service?

0 Resolved
1 Unresolved
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Education.com has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Education.com parents and teachers reviews and complaints 1

Filter reviews by rating
6 reviews
Sort by:

Newest Education.com reviews and complaints

ComplaintsBoard
W
7:37 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Education.com In August 2021, I noticed a charge of $59.94 on my credit card for a membership on education.com that I did not

In August 2021, I noticed a charge of $59.94 on my credit card for a membership on education.com that I did not purchase. I only became aware of this charge in October 2021 when I received a letter from *** informing me of a late payment and charging me a fee of $*** for the delay. The reason I didn't notice the charge earlier is because I hadn't used this card for a few months, so I assumed my balance would be zero. I reported this as fraud to my bank, but they closed the case after education.com claimed it was a valid charge for a membership. A week ago, I contacted education.com to explain that I did not purchase a membership and that it was a fraudulent charge. I requested a refund, but they only refunded $35.97, stating that their policy requires clients to cancel within 7 days to receive a refund. I explained that I am not a client because someone used my card information without my consent to open the account. Therefore, I should not be held responsible for any charges. They are charging me for 3 months of service that I did not use. Since education.com is an online platform, they should have records of account usage, such as logins and hours of service usage. I asked them to provide a report of all logins and service usage hours for this membership, as well as the IP address to verify that I used the account for 3 months. However, they did not provide any evidence that the account was used during the 3 months they are charging me for. Therefore, I am requesting a full refund because I never logged in or used the services of this membership. I have attached screenshots of my conversations with them, as well as account statements showing that I have not used this card in recent months, so I had no reason to check for any outstanding balance.

Read full review of Education.com and 3 comments
Hide full review
3 comments
A
A
Adalium
Mar 26, 2024 2:16 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

In August 2021 I had a charge of $59.94 dlls to my credit card, for a membership that I did not buy on education.com site.I did not realize this charge until October 2021, because *** sent me a letter saying that I had a late payment, it was even charging me a fee of $ *** dlls for late payments.The reason I didn't realize this charge before is because I haven't used this card for a few months, so my balance was supposed to be zero for months.So I opened a fraud investigation with my bank, but they later closed the case because education.com told them it was a valid charge for a membership.A week ago, I contacted education.com and explained to them that I did not buy a membership with them and it was a fraud and asked for a refund. They refunded $35.97 dlls only, saying that their client's policy says clients must cancel within 7 days to receive a refund.I told them that these policies only apply to their clients, but I AM NOT A CLIENT because somebody used my card information without my consent to open an account, therefore I AM NOT A CLIENT.They are charging to account for the use of services for 3 months that I did not used.As this is a platform that offers the use of online services, they must save account usage information such as logins and hours of use of the service.So I asked them for a report of all logins of this membership, including the hours of use of services and the *** address where they could verify that I used this account for 3 months, and they did not send me any report that is evidence that this account was used for the 3 months they are charging.So I'm asking for a full refund because I never logged in or used the services of this membership.I attached screenshots of my conversations with them, and also account statements showing that I have not used this card for the last months, so I did not have to be checking if I owned any outstanding balance.

M. Odonnell
Mar 26, 2024 2:03 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This company charged my debit card *** without my knowledge. When I advised them of the mistake they said I'd get a refund but never sent it. I had to reach out again and when they responded they only wanted to refund ***. The email attached to the payment is not my email or even a valid one. Someone used my information to make this purchase and they are being slow to refund me my money. Being a single mother that *** from having the kind of Thanksgiving I usually have with my children.

M. Gillett
Mar 24, 2024 10:23 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am reaching out in regards to malicious billing by education.com. I cancelled our services in December of 2020. Within the last week or so I noticed theyve been billing me at least twice a month, $15.99 per transactions, for 27 transactions, totaling $431.73. They refunded me a courtesy of 6 transactions refunded, totaling $95.94. They also stated the account had been closed and no further billing to occur. I expressed how I appreciate the initial refund but I would like to request the additional 21 payments refunded as we had not used the software/service in any capacity. I stated again we were under the impression it was cancelled December of 2020. Then 1 day later, I am billed a 28th time for $15.99, after they told me directly my services had been cancelled. This is why I seek a full refund on top of the courtesy 6 refunds, for an ADDITIONAL 22 refunds for an additional amount totaling $351.78. I would also ask that this time they PLEASE CANCEL MY ACCOUNT/subscription to avoid further malicious billing. Please not in the screenshot with the most recent pending charge the 6 courtesy refunds processed before the pending charge. Further validating my claims. I have reached out multiple times with no response from the business. Your assistance in fully rectifying this situation is greatly appreciated.

Is Education.com legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Education.com as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Education.com stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Education.com should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Education.com earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Education.com achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Education.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Education.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Education.com and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Education.com protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Education.com. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
  1. Pros
    2. Subscription model can be costly over time
    3. Content may not align with all curriculums
    4. No in-person tutoring or support services

About Education.com

Education.com provides a range of educational resources for children from preschool to 5th grade. Their offerings include printable worksheets, online games, and lesson plans designed to support learning in subjects such as math, reading, and science. The platform also features tools for teachers and parents to track student progress.

Education.com In-depth Review

In summary, Education.com is a comprehensive resource for educational materials that caters to children's learning needs. It offers a wide range of activities and tools for both educators and parents, aiming to make learning engaging and effective. Below, we delve into various aspects of the platform to help you determine if it's the right fit for your educational goals.

Overview of Education.com

Education.com provides a plethora of learning resources that span across various subjects and grade levels. It is designed to support educators and parents in the educational development of children, offering worksheets, games, lesson plans, and interactive activities.

Range of Educational Resources

The website boasts an extensive library of resources that include printable worksheets, hands-on activities, and interactive games. These resources cover subjects such as math, science, reading, and more, catering to a diverse set of learning needs.

Quality of Educational Content

The content on Education.com is created by experienced educators and is designed to be both engaging and educational. The materials are well-researched and align with educational standards, ensuring that they are not only fun but also effective for learning.

User Experience and Interface

Navigating the website is intuitive, with a clean layout that makes it easy to find specific resources. The interface is user-friendly, allowing both children and adults to access educational materials with ease.

Age Appropriateness and Grade Levels

Education.com serves a wide age range, offering materials suitable for preschool through 5th grade. The resources are categorized by grade level, ensuring that the content is age-appropriate and meets the developmental needs of each child.

Subject Matter and Curriculum Alignment

The platform's resources align with common educational standards, such as the Common Core. This ensures that the content is relevant and can be used to complement existing curricula in schools or homeschooling environments.

Accessibility and Inclusivity

Education.com strives to be accessible to all learners, including those with special needs. However, specific details on accessibility features are not provided in this review.

Membership Options and Pricing

While some resources on Education.com are available for free, full access to the site's content requires a paid membership. There are different membership tiers, with pricing that varies depending on the level of access desired.

Support and Resources for Educators

Educators can find comprehensive support on Education.com, including lesson plans and classroom management tools. The platform also offers professional development resources to help teachers grow and improve their instructional methods.

Parental Tools and Engagement

Parents are provided with tools to track their child's progress and engage with their learning journey. Education.com offers reports and insights that help parents stay informed about their child's educational development.

Mobile App and Offline Accessibility

Education.com offers a mobile app that allows for learning on-the-go. Some resources are available for download, making it possible to access educational materials without an internet connection.

User Feedback and Community Reviews

User feedback on Education.com is generally positive, with many parents and educators praising the quality and variety of resources. Community reviews often highlight the platform's effectiveness in engaging children in learning.

Customer Service and Support

The website provides customer service to assist with any issues or questions users may have. However, the specifics of their support system are not detailed in this review.

Updates and Content Freshness

Education.com regularly updates its content and adds new resources to keep the learning materials current and engaging for users.

Security and Privacy Policies

The platform takes user privacy and security seriously, with policies in place to protect personal information. Users are encouraged to review these policies to understand how their data is handled.

Comparative Analysis with Competitors

Compared to other educational websites, Education.com offers a competitive range of resources and tools. It stands out for its comprehensive content and user-friendly experience.

Success Stories and Testimonials

There are numerous success stories and testimonials from users who have seen significant improvements in their children's learning outcomes after using Education.com.

Additional Features and Tools

Beyond the core educational materials, Education.com provides additional features such as progress tracking, personalized learning plans, and rewards systems to motivate learners.

Conclusion and Overall Rating

In conclusion, Education.com is a valuable resource for educational materials that cater to a variety of learning preferences and styles. With its extensive range of high-quality content, user-friendly interface, and supportive tools for educators and parents, it is a platform worth considering for those seeking to enhance children's learning experiences. The overall rating for Education.com would be high, reflecting its effectiveness as an educational tool.

How to file a complaint about Education.com?

Here is a guide on how to file a complaint against Education.com on ComplaintsBoard.com:

1. Log in or Create an Account:
- Start by logging into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you don't have an account yet, create one.

2. Navigating to the Complaint Form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website. You can find this button at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the Title:
- Summarize the main issue with Education.com in the 'Complaint Title'.

4. Detailing the Experience:
- Provide detailed information about your experience with Education.com.
- Mention key areas of concern, any transactions with the company, steps taken to resolve the issue, personal impact, etc.

5. Attaching Supporting Documents:
- Attach any relevant supporting documents but avoid including sensitive personal data.

6. Filling Optional Fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses.
- Utilize the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking.

7. Review Before Submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting.

8. Submission Process:
- Submit your complaint by clicking the 'Submit' button.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Ensure you follow these steps carefully to effectively file a complaint against Education.com on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Holistic Rating Overview

Sitejabber
2.6
7 review

Overview of Education.com complaint handling

7 Education.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 23, 2024. The latest review In August 2021, I noticed a charge of $59.94 on my credit card for a membership on education.com that I did not was posted on Mar 23, 2024. Education.com has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 7 reviews. Education.com has resolved 0 complaints.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Education.com website

www.education.com Education.com website

Education.com email

Education.com social media

Education.com Category

Education.com is related to the Education and Training category.

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Education.com?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Education.com Customer Service. Initial Education.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Education.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Education.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Education.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.