(Ece) Educational Credential Evaluators, IncBad service - harrassed customer

L

Be carefully w / this people - my wife and i are getting a horrible treatment from ece. They screwed up and now it seems they want us to pay again ($215) for them to complete the evaluation we already paid for. They are very arrogant and could care less about their customers. If there is an alternate choice for others needing this service, i would take it. I would never recommend this organization to anyone. I am forwarding my comments and concerns to the college we are dealing with so they don't recommend ece either. Or at least offer others a warning and lower their expectations.

• Na
    Nat5 Jun 28, 2019

I am planning to get my credentials evaluated from India, so which service should I opt for? I was going for ECE but read all these comments and kept it on hold. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

• Ka
    Kare Muchiri Jun 04, 2018

Pathetic and outrageous services. Word is PATHETIC & THIEVES.

• Ta
    Tarankh Nov 04, 2017

I am the recent victim, they told me that my degrees are not authentic and they will inform all govt bodies, other evaluation services and professional services, I don't know what am I supposed to do? first they told me they don't want the original degrees in an sealed envelope because I can send them my originals. and now they are screwing me up. does anyone know what will be the impact for this? what steps should I take?

• Ro
    Robert K. Hudson Apr 02, 2016

You all need o understand what undergraduate work means in the united states of america before start throwing accusations! research what undergraduate means! stupid people!!

undergraduate level degree include bachelor degree in the u.S.
    Graduate level degree include masters
    post graduate degree is phd

y`all thought o be evaluated to graduate level degrees with a bachelor`s or what??!! its ridiculous how some people stupid are. Im wondering how did you get your degree in your home country with such intelligence.
    By the way im a Hungarian immigrant who`s masters and md was not accepted in the us, but i did my research first about the u.S. Educational system before i would throw accusations on anyone!!

• Ad
    adelekeaadedayo Mar 23, 2016

Had my worst nightmare dealing with this company. They asked that document should be sent from my international school which was done and i got an email from them informing me that they are still waiting for my international college transcript. When i called them, they told me they will not accept the one that was delivered to them because my international school didn't follow their instruction and i ask them as an evaluating body what they do to confirm where document came from and they said they don't call schools.SO WHAT IN HELL DO THEY DO? Document came directly from school and you can call them and verify what ever you need to know as part of what you are paid for.

• Cu
    curious mind Mar 14, 2016

US equivalence is according to their criteria of courses and hours that one took. It's always sad to get not what you expected, but we must stay reasonable. There's always a way out, from complaining to them to trying with another company. As for me, I find this company very professional, and would definitely recommend it!

• Dr
    dr.dentist Mar 06, 2016

I agree the ECE are the worst . Unfortunately many universities demand that they do the certificate evaluation. with is not fair at all. I am a dentist graduated 2003, and they wrote in my evaluation that i have graduated from an unrecognised locally institute . Of course no college or universities will accept me now.I brought a document from the ministry of higher education says that the college is recognized and sent it to them but still. They said that its not what they want.. Believe it or not the minister is not working for me. i talked even to my college management and they said that they have sent to many emails to them trying to fined a solution for this but the ECE did not replay to them. Its not only me we are 6 girls here who graduated for the same school. I have been practician dentistry for more that 11 years and now i can even work as a dental assistance with my degree..? we should have the right to be heard .They should interact with us and help us by been patient and try to fined a solution. They really are cold and careless. we want to complain about them to some one who can investigate and do something . I will really appreciate if any one can tell me what to do.

Saeed11 Feb 02, 2016

Is there any way I can file compliant about ECE, They screwed up my evaluation and they are asking me to pay again for evaluation report

• Ca
    cas2478 Dec 17, 2015

It is sick that ECE is on here defending their lack of Knowledge regarding Foreign credentials. My wife is a recent victim of this. She has been educating Students all over the world for 15 years now, has 8 years advanced education in numerous fields involving child care including various disabilities. She graduated from a German Gymnasium. The final two years of a Gymnasium is nothing but college level courses yet ECE concluded that my wifes credentials do not exceed a High School Sophomore level education based on ONE of her MANY credentials, qualifications, experiences. I also need to mention her grades are outstanding. ECE translators are horrible. Their defense is "We have higher standard" or " People just don't like their results". These arguments are weak and ignorant. The results aren't fair, and they are unjustified. These results are due to the laziness and lack of knowledge at ECE. They have no clue what they are doing. They are mean, unprofessional and their service is horrible. If you question them they will not look at how to help you, regardless of the hefty price you pay them, they get defensive and look at why they were right, send you some poor excuse as to why you were wrong and then tell you to send them the report back and ghey'll give you you money back. It's the "I'm going to take my ball and run home" mentality. They try to say they have high standards??? Know, they don't. It doesn't matter anyway. When it comes to translating foreign education credentials the standards of ECE DO NOT matter as it is not their place to make a judgement call based on their own standards. This is a weak defense anyway. Their are complaints about them all over the net compared to other, more experienced and professional companies out there. I would highly recommend using someone else. These people do not know what they are doing. DO NOT get screwed by them. They don't care if they mess with your life. Your life and your future is of no interest to them. Anyone defending on here are more than likely ECE employees as they have been on other message boards. The fact that they do that is another example of their lack of professionalism. They aren't trying to get better, they are defending their horrible service. Save yourself the pain and headache, go somewhere else.

• N1
    N185 Apr 03, 2015

I evaluate my Undergraduate degree with WES it comes with good GPA and Low credit 110 witch is more than associate degree less than BS. Which make all the universities does not accept me as graduate student, and when I go to undergraduate study to finish the last year, they come up with idea that non of the course will be transfers because I finished my BS 10 years ago.

It's all about money, these companies do their best to let you take the more courses and pay more. This is why the universities want just these two companies.

• De
    Dezz Feb 13, 2015

I had a very bad experience with ECE !!! My documents were on hold for 4 months and no reply at all. When i called on the phone and talked to an evaluator the response i got was: " You are trying to tell me that your University in BG doesn't have internet ...". Very rude people and i canceled with no refund. I would never recommend ECE.

• Ni
    Nioosha Nov 12, 2014

I am looking for a good evaluation institute for my degrees, and until now, all the organizations I have checked, the most famous ones at least, are being 'very badly' complained of! What's going on? Why are all these evaluation organizations so incompetent? Is it because they so underrate the 'Third-World's? and this is the country who professes to battle with racism and the violation of human rights?!!

NO ECE PLEASE Oct 25, 2014

I have similar bad experience with ECE. I would recommend any body with 3 years of graduate degree from India to not to waste there time with ECE. Their so called experienced evaluator's are living in the 50 eras...and is in my view is not so qualified at all. The education system has changes big time during the last 15 years and they are still living in ignorance. The GPA what they evaluated me is off by 1.00 compared to other well know evaluation agency in the US. So I will not recommend this to anyone, specially graduates from India. There are so many students who come from India to US for higher studies and if ECE want there business then they should seriously consider to get their resource trained in Indian education system. Its just wasted close to $400 ( fees + rush service + mailing cost) for nothing. I just shredded there evaluation report and flushed it in the toilet, because that was it is worth. Your best bet would be WES or FACS to name a few other recognized credential evaluation agency.. ...HENCE DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND MOST IMPORTANT YOUR TIME WITH ECE.

• Zo
    Zosi B. Oct 21, 2014

I will not use or recommend this company to anyone. The staff were very rude and they cannot expalin to me how they come up with my GPA. I personnaly computed my GPA and had a different result from what they did. When I questioned them on their process, the person on the phone became defensive and rude. Still, I did not get the clear explanation. They dont retun calls and would want you to pay again for the service they already did.

• On
    Onders Oct 09, 2014

I sent an official transcript to them and they said they changed their policy in January 2014 and they need the sealed transcript from the university. When I asked them to send me the transcript and that I don't want their service, they are telling me that they can not refund the $180 I already paid to them.

• La
    Laura Romero May 27, 2014

Well, it seems that foreign studies are being underestimated in this country.I am planning to file a claim against Josef Silny ( same rudeness, same wrong assessment of my 8 years of study. They gave me a B.S. ) for discrimination. The problem is that it is the only institution that UM accepts. WES gave me a master's degree for the same credentials. Is it any entity that protects our rights, where we can go to find equity and justice?

• Xy
    Xyz 25766567888766 May 08, 2014

They are so worst people that they can not understand simple English. They wasted one whole month of mine and gave me a comment that I did not receive all the papers. They were so rude one woman was shouting on me and said that she will put a remark of fail in my evaluation report. She never tried to listen to me. When ever I tried to contact them my voice always reached the voice mail . They never called me back . Even the manager level person talks the same. Dear friends don't repeat the mistake which I have did . Don't apply to this worst institution.

• Ba
    Bandersnatch7 Jan 14, 2014

Well thanks to all people that put their time and efforts to write their own experience. I will not definetely use ECE or WES and keep looking for reviews to find if there is something better, which I doubt, but let's see.

It seems that there's a fundamental lack of a norm and transparency on the process to get an equivalency regardless of the company that is doing it. I do not believe that all these people in these companies are capable and trained so well to do an equivalency based on deep knowledge of the educational system of that country and therefore it depends of luck of what person and comapny is doing this evaluation.

It's sad and I'm annoyed to see see how these companies, called themselves .org companies, taking advantage in this way.

Anaboni Oct 25, 2013

ECE evaluations are worthless for the US, customer service is horrible and I never got to talked to my evaluator to explain the situation. There is nothing to do with them, just tell all your friends not to use this company. It has been a nightmare dealing with this people.
    PLEASE DO NOT USE ECE! Maybe that way they will change the way they work!

• Dr
    drshyam211 Aug 07, 2013

Hi everyone! I am also one the recent victims of so called "ECE evaluation institute
    ". I have done medical school from India and I requested my transcripts and degree to be evaluated. Everything went well and I received my evaluation. I did not realize until I sent the evaluation to the colleges for application that it does not recognize my Medical degree for any U.S equivalent degree. It just said completion of 4 and half years of medical school and one year of internship. There is no f***ing U.S equivalent degree. And no college accepts this evaluation. When I emailed them they said according to "ece policy" our evaluation is correct and cannot be changed. When I called them and talked to the so called "director" of evaluation services she is like, sir its been more then 6 months you have to pay $60 to reopen your file. And then also their reply was f**king same. The ECE evaluations institute is fraud and have to be stopped from scamming students and playing with their career, time and money. Anybody authorized should take some legal steps against this ********!

• Ky
    Kyasic Jun 30, 2013

The worst evaluators ever! Kevin evaluated my diploma, which I earned in Europe in a very reputable university. These guys do not understand at all how much our credentials worth. The report was ridiculous understated. The gpa was very low comparing to my original one. They do not understand how school works outside the U.S. For each long course we had to give an oral and written exam. Multiple choice was not an option for us, essay questions only. If this Kevin guy took classes where I took them he would probably fail the first semester.VERY DISAPPOINTED, with them and I feel very DISCRIMINATED. Will complain to the board.They do not deserve to continue evaluating credentials anymore, unless they have experience studying in other countries. The worst evaluators ever!

• Zi
    ziad 19 Jun 22, 2013

Bad bad bad,
    they are west about eight month to evolution my bleacher degree, they are not care about us only money,
    we need to find some way to help another people not involve with them .

Mamunica Apr 15, 2013

Almudena, can you please tell me which of the evaluators did you use? ECE NO :(((

• Wa
    WAFAA k Mar 25, 2013

I had the same thing and im going to report their ### to BBB

• Sk
    S.K.Y. Feb 28, 2013

I have no idea why so many people complaining about ECE, they were able to evaluate my credits correctly from the university of the middle of nowhere. Evaluation was done with in a week, without rush service. ECE provided me with outstanding service. Thank you.

• Al
    Almudena_Hernandez Jan 02, 2013

DO NOT USE ECE. I have a Master's degree from the University of Salamanca, one of Spain's most prestigious universities and certainly the oldest. ECE concluded that the equivalence of my Master's was a Bachelor's degree using the same argument. I went to another credential evaluator and the equivalence was a Master's degree. I requested a refund, but they refused. I urge everyone to create a petition through change(dot)org to have ECE review their process in the evaluations. Another important step is to contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. A simple web search will yield hundreds of entries referring to the length of a Grado in Spain which is 4 years, equivalent to the Bachelor's degree in the United States. Also, there are many documents and links from the Ministry of Education. You shouldn't have to spend that much time explaining the obvious.

• Mc
    mconejo Dec 28, 2012

I have tried to reason with ECE to no avail. I have MS in Neuroscience from Spain which ECE has determined is equivalent to a BS on the basis of the entry requirement which they wrongly assume it is a three year Grado in Spain. I sent links, official documents, and emails exchanged between the University, the Ministry of Education of Spain, and the Center for Postgraduate Studies where it is clearly stated that Spain, in the Bologna Declaration, opted for Grados of four years 240 credits ECTS (as opposed to 180 credits or three years for other European Nations). Several emails, dozens of hours, many official documents and still I cannot get them to acknowledge the simple fact that the entry requirement is a four year Grado. As a matter of principle I must dissuade anyone who wants to have their credentials evaluated to use ECE. There must be a better option.

• Fa
    fairgame1 Nov 21, 2012

Mr. Evaluated,
    I am really sorry to see that your arguments are basically flawed.
    I do not believe that people who apply for evaluation services are looking to see the results that they prefer rather they are interested in fair evaluation of there transcripts/education.
    I have personally visited 16 different countries till date and have not yet came across one university that labels its course as Masters degree/ course if it is an entry level course in the field (so called first degree you are referring to), they are called Bachelor's degree.
    If you are going to criticize someone's hard earned education you need to have some solid grounds for it, not just they prefer to see what they think of their degree.
    Finally, rude behaviour is rude, irrespective of someones country of origin, language they speak or proficiency of English.
    I personally do not think that people who try to mock others for English can even try to articulate in a second language, atleast the ones trying to get there degrees evaluated are speaking English, probably English being their second, third and more often then you would realise their fourth language.
    So stop being cocky, most of those guys are far smarter than your little world.

• Ey
    eye67ring Nov 19, 2012

Hi again, everyone! I did after all, send my diploma to ECE for evaluation, but I've included a cover letter, referring them to this link and letting them know, that I know about the latest standards in the evaluation process. Guess what - it helped! They have evaluated my 5 years university diploma from Ukraine as both Bachelor and Master. I've ordered a 5-days rush delivery, and they did just that! If you want to know what are those documents that I've referred to and what did I write to ECE, do not hesitate to email me! I can testify now that you can deal with ECE, if you do it wisely (just show them that you did not fall from the moon yesterday!). Good luck to all of you!

• Ec
    ECE BAD Nov 15, 2012

i do not understand why so many medical schools in united state request that foreign results be evaluated with ECE only, after reading these comments from people. if you have an option PLEASE do not waste your time and money with ECE. there was no option for me that was why i chose them even after reading the reviews. i got the same treatment, just this morning one of the representatives hung phone on me. well, why wouldnt they do that since almost all the schools made it mandatory for foreign students. Goodluck to you all. that is one of the mistreatment you get when you changed to another country.

• Ay
    AYO1 Nov 05, 2012

Hi all, after all these legimitate and sad complaints is there any reputable evaluation agency one can use to avoid all these headaches? Please kindly suggest a good one guys..We really need this. We cannot allow these greedy ###(excuse my language) to derail our carreer and livelihood. I can be reached at [email protected] Thank you all.

• Ko
    Kossack Nov 04, 2012

We had recent experience with ECE. Their phone people and sales are nice, though be prepared to call back several times. We have a Ukrainian Undergraduate three year that was translated. We translated with description and made list of equivalent American courses. They only look at the course titles. That is ok to get the names. The grade were a challenge. Ukraine used to use the 1-5 pass scale up to 5 years ago and then 5 years ago changed their grading across entire country to the percentage 0-100% and the ABCDF scale too. All three of these grades are on the transcript for each class. They used the 1-5 with pass grades and for every grade that had "pass" they translated with "S" for satisfactory. Even though the grades of 0-100 and ABCDF were showing. After a lot of back and forth they adopted the Ukrainian national grading and went with the percentage. Since each class had 0-100 and ABCDF and 1-5 with pass, they changed to using the 0-100 and converting "that" to ABCDF equivalent. This is their new policy. That means all the "S" grades were changed to ABCDF grades. This is important for any other Ukrainian transcripts, just make sure you have 0-100 on your transcript which is included by Ukrainian law and you may need to go talk in person and pay the bribe or "tip" to get them to give you your updated transcript, but ECE will take it. I want this to help Ukrainians! As far as the hours, will have to look at that more closely next. And we paid for 5 official transcripts as well as one additional official transcript (this means in a sealed envelope with a stamp on it for colleges to accept as unopened) and we have to get them to send the "changed" transcript in sealed envelopes as well as to college (they sent us only one modified). They are a small group of decision makers, you just have to work with them and push the Zaporishhi way (a little extra courteous and determined follow through). I think they gave less than 3 units per class (the Ukrainian hours are more hours than American and more quantity so have to work on the credits next where an equivalent class should have the same credits and we will figure hours in Ukraine versus credits evaluated, where 3 American "semester units" equals 36 hours of study, therefor each Ukrainian class over 36 hours of Ukrainian semester study should be 3 American units or more which we will have to discuss with ECE next. 1 unit of American semester credit is 12 hours of academic study). This is common sense but will need to discuss that with them with courtesy and relentlessness determination. Note that the Excelsior College accepts the reports from ECE and New York Regents accepts and combines all credit transcripts from all schools so you can add your Ukrainian as well as any college work from multiple colleges in America to all be combined at Excelsior.edu online college and they will give you credit for life experiences they you write a paper about but that allows you to add some further foriegn work to your grades at Excelsior.edu (I have been working my degree from classes from several colleges from Excelsior.edu for 15 years at 450.00 a year, still a good idea and worth mentioning).

• Ey
    eye67ring Oct 23, 2012

HI, EVERYONE!
    I got a VERY bad experience with IERF, so do not complain to NACES where Ms.Bedil as a director, because she is a CEO for IERF. They evaluated my 5-years Diploma with Honors from the University from former USSR (Ukraine) as a first-level degree, an equivalent for B.A., which is not correct, as at that time (1990) universities offered only 1 level degree, and it was 5 years diploma of a specialist. I've submitted an appeal, did my own research, pulled out tons of document, including the most reliable international degree recognition agreement and table of equivalency made by UNESCO as recently as 2011, I've even quoted IERF own publications, but they did not make any correction, and now my position as a lecturer of Russian Language in community college is in jeopardy. Too bad that every institution has it's own list, because I actually found an agency with very nice and knowledgeable people - it's Foreign credits, based in IL. I spoke to their evaluator, because when I've sent them an email asking what is their position on 5-years diplomas from the Soviet Univ., they did not give me a BS about "we have to see all your papers to make a conclusion", but actually told me that IERF was wrong, and provided me their phone number in case I have further questions. When I called them to tell that they are not on my college list, they told me that they saw the evaluations prepared by ECE, and on their opinion ECE will make a right evaluation. Now I am about to send my documents to ECE, but you, people, made me think! I did call ECE customer service, and the girl who answered was pleasant, but who knows? The problem is, that it is no higher power, no regulations of how these agencies evaluate you papers, although standards do exist! I believe I won't have any problems with my GPA, as I have straight As in all subjects, but when it comes to actual degree equivalency, it is very uncertain, no matter what agency you choose. If someone need help writing an appeal, I will be more than happy to provide you with a copy of mine, as I did a very serious research of the sources available, although IERF answered me, basically, "we don't think so", and I've expected that they will base their rejection of my well-researched appeal on the sources that they consider reliable. My email is [email protected] I am here to help! Although I can not find in all your comments the name of those good, professional agency that worth using! Irene

• Mr
    MrsIM Sep 04, 2012

Wow! Wish I had checked this board before using ECE to evaluate my British marks into the American g.p.a. system. It is clear they do not have an understanding of international institutions and how foreign grading systems work - they have completely undervalued my grades and said I had an overall gpa pf 3.22 when it is actually 3.74!!! Big difference. They have a no refund policy, which further confirms that they are aware of their shoddy evaluation. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

• Be
    Ben Mkamba Aug 17, 2012

Education Credential Evaluators are a scam gave a totally incorrect evaluation of a 3 year degree and then gave a totally incorrect GPA. Went to a different evaluation agency and my GPA went from 1.9 to 3.0!!!. I would NEVER advise my worst enemy to ever try to use them. Called to talk to the "senior evaluator and all she had to say was that the books in their library are what she was following!!..Has never bothered to call the relevant institution or verify anything. TOTAL SCAM beware!

• Gi
    ginger4 May 30, 2012

I cant believe all these complaints! can this be true? My first contact with ECE was last week Thursday, I sent my application in on Friday and requested for a 5-day rush service. I got an email from them yesterday and they asked me if I wanted a grade evaluation which is going to cost an extra $25 and they asked me to call them or reply their email so they can go ahead with the evaluation which i did around 12pm, I checked my email last night and I saw that they already sent me an email at about 3pm stating that my evaluation has been completed and mailed to me. I called them today and the lady I spoke to told me takes 3-5 days for regular mailing but sometimes it may take up to 2 weeks. Every time I spoke to a customer service representative, they were always courteous, I am really surprised with people's comments saying otherwise. The good thing about them is if you are from West Africa and you want your high school diploma (WAEC) evaluated, you don't have to go thrugh the trouble and stress of requesting your transcript from WAEC, just purchase the scratch card and send the pin and serial number to ECE and they will be able to view any result from 1991 to Recent. It's less expensive and faster than requesting a transcript. WES does not have the good sense to do that. I requested for an evaluation for my B.Sc transcript and for 3months, they said they did not receive the transcript. I decided to evaluate my high school diploma and they requested for the transcript to be sent directly from WAEC which was sent to the theough courier service because I was running out of time and I really needed it for school, it got to them in 3days and even when i tracked it and saw that it was delivered, they still said the haven't received it. the bad news came like 3 day later, they sent me an email that they got the transcript but they sent it back for verification. We were on this verification process for a whole month and when I saw that I was getting nowhere, I cancelled the application and requested for my refund, they deducted $30 from my money and called it cancellation fee. I still haven't got my refund check even though they were so fast to take money out of my card when i paid them. I don't see WES as evaluator but a HUMILIATOR ( I don't care if that's a English word or not

• Ov
    over it... May 23, 2012

Unbelieveable... unfortunatelyl my wife and I had no choice but to use ECE for the institution she is applying... Now I think certain institutions are utlizing the ignorance of ECE to prevent international students from entering their programs... Either way, we'll be taking our business elsewhere... who takes college courses such as psychology and sociology for 2 credit hours, really, what a joke... too bad the folks at ECE don't take what they are doing very seriously... and yes "evaluated" must work for ECE... how could you possibly defend a company who repeatedly and consistently ... oh nevermind...

• Lf
    lflowergirl Apr 13, 2012

I'm very disappointed with ECE and their evaluation services. It truly looks like people who work there are far from being professionals like they claim they are. They do not refer to any official educational agreements or documents between countries while doing their evaluation. They do not take to the account that educational system in Europe is more intense than in the US. For Instance, my husband has graduated with MBA from American University in Europe; his program lasted 11 months and he received over 60 credits. In the US one year of MBA program in most cases would give you approximately 30 credits. What a difference! But what ECE only cares about is how many years and not hours you have spent in school. That's why many people here for their completed foreign bachelor degree only get an equivalent of 3 (or whatever) years of US undergraduate degree. Very UNPROFESSIONAL!
    I have graduated from European University and for my 72! hours of study/training I only got 1 US credit in ECE evaluation! For comparison, 1 US credit is 1 semester hour, which equals to approximately to 15 hours of training (I know that since I’ve taken courses in the US institution).
    It is very frustrating! However, I do believe that we have to write about our experiences, and that’s what I’m going to do. Public has to know, and publicity is a good start . Anybody knows how to contact a Board of Directors?

• Ir
    Irynamc Mar 31, 2012

ECE cannot evaluate my diploma because they cannot get the response from my University in Ukraine. They are not getting any response because they have no knowledge and resources to do the request correctly. I want to file a lawsuit against the company. Any idea how to do it? does anybody else did not have their diploma evaluated because ECE did not get the response from your schools?

• Ke
    Kemal06 Mar 23, 2012

Hello. I didn't have any idea about how a credential evaluation agency would be a scam. I mailed my high school transcript to Josef Silny & Associates Inc. today from outside of the US then I saw many negative comments made on maps.google and I was shocked!! It will be mailed within a week and now I am considering to cancel my credit card so they can't charge me, should I really do this asap??
    Then now I learn ECE and WES are not trusted and scam too. So my question is which agency is better among the others from NACES? If any of you deal with a good agency and satisfied, PLEASE let us know so we'd learn which one to use.