DVDAvenue.tvPirated DVD's - scam online orders

S

I have called this company 5 times with no return calls. I ordered 5 complete seasons of The Nanny with Fran Dreschler. I, too, was scammed as they were all pirated and lousy copies off the TV. I called the Better Business Bureau and they said if I could get a company name, they would give me the Canadian Better Business Bureau number. I am now in the process of talking to my credit card company to see if they could help me by diputing the charges. Advice to others. Wait till it comes out in the stores! I doubt I'll buy over the internet again.

• Ke
    kent beuchert Oct 29, 2007

I have observed that this website seems to be run by the same people who previously ran www.tvaddicts.tv, which was the target of the Royal Canadian Police for reports of credit card fraud, scams and piracy. Many of the shows they offer have never been released for sale. They probably copy from the TV and from the complaints I've heard, either don't do it well, or not at all. I would strongly advise anyone to stay away from this site, and if you have been scammed by them, contact the Royal Canadian Police - they shut down the tvaddicts.tv site I believe that these people apparently operated before. BEWARE.

jay Nov 08, 2007

I'm curious, were they at least semi watchable? I've been aching to get my hands on that Kung Fu: the Legend Continues series and even emailed someone at the top (I think) in order to request (beg and plead, but really, I'd even grab the pebble outta their hands a couple times if so be it) and I keep thinking it's just a dream that might be possible in 2020. All I wonder is if you got all of the Nanny series or whatever from those guys, or if they really send the whole series of whatever...

• Ca
    cam buechler Dec 19, 2007

I too was scammed , thinking I found the best christmas present of the entire series of Coach. After numerous calls and emails. to tvaddicts.tv. I finally used the live chat, and was able to get order confirmation. I received the dvds a week later out of 36 dvds probably only 20 % have anything on them. and the ones that do have something or of such poor quality, This was my first time of ordering from internet. And will probably be my last.
    I wish I would of found complaint board a month sooner.

• Bi
    Billie McRae Jan 06, 2008

I order the complete set of News Radio. Was told it would take 7-14 days to ship. I ordered on 12-4 and my credit card was debited on 12-5. I did not receive the DVS until 12-27. They arrived in broken cassette cases. I have been attempting to obtain a return authorization number with no luck. No one returns my call. Whenever I had not received my order by 7-20, I ordered the same DVD's from
    Amazon.com. They arrived in 2 days, were new and in excellent condition

Mae McGillicuddy Jan 13, 2008

This company is awful! They do not respond to emails and I am still waiting for my DVD that I ordered over a month ago. The tracking number they sent does not work and they have not fixed it after I notified them. I have requested a refund since the item was supposed to be a gift for a birthday that has long since happened. I was told I would receive the refund in 6-12 days but I will not hold my breath. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!

joe hart Jan 31, 2008

These guys were operating under Garcia Media Group with several web addresses. The newest is www.dvdavenue.tv.

• Mr
    m russell Feb 01, 2008

I ordered a dvd set and was immediately charged $120. No answer on the phone or emails. No dvds! Help, Ive been scammed!

• Ka
    Karen Rhodes Feb 01, 2008

This company is the biggest rip-off that I have ever dealt with. You call their customer service number and you get the same recording every time promising that someone will return your call. I am still waiting on an return call. I should have known it was too good to be true. The prices were great and they have every tv show collection imaginable.

• Ra
    Randolph William Popp Feb 13, 2008

Bought complete series of third watch and the picture was so bad you could not even make the show out and no sound outta 18 disc not 1 had sound on it the phone number is some talk line wonder if the FBI would like to know about them

Joe Carlile Mar 09, 2008

I ordered and was charged for items in Sept 07 - they didn't arrive and I contacted the website. I was told it was on back order. When I eventually cancelled the order on 29th Dec I got a shipment confirmation with a tracking number that can't be tracked. - I still haven't received any goods as of 9th March 2008. The old phrase rings true - If it looks too good to be true - it probably is!

• Ji
    jim hayes Mar 12, 2008

This place was a rip off. I ordered an Emergency DVD set back in June of 07 and more than 75% of the discs were copied from TV Land. I've called them many times and they told me that they would send me another set. The have not. It's a good thing that they are not in my area.

• Sh
    sheila gallagher May 01, 2008

they are ###er wanker 2 DVDs were defective

• Pr
    Prizm Jul 02, 2008

Duh. You only have to look at the amateur DVD box art to see that the discs are bootlegs. Not to mention the fact that the discs are all region free and unrated.

I don't know how some people survive on the internet if they can't even pick a dodgy DVD cover.

sane Nov 01, 2008

Pirated DVD's - scam online orders, really? you didnt know that until after the fact huh? Pretty certain if you cant buy DVD's at Amazon they are not available. you reap what you sow. also, please post about yourself scamming the copyright holders.

• Co
    Corre G May 26, 2011

I ordered Kont's landing on dvd. It was very expensive. More thant 5 months later. I got nothing. I do not get answers to my mails.

• Je
    Jenn Jun 03, 2016

I was SO excited when I found this scam - I mean, site... stupid me! I had purchased the first 2 seasons of Punky Brewster (the TV show from the 80's) which was all that was available at the time in stores. My daughter had watched them over and over and I was interested in purchasing the remaining 2 seasons. After "Googling", I found this site that was offering the complete series on DVD for $119. I decided to purchase it for her and sell the two seasons we did already have on eBay as they were still in good condition. So, like everyone else here, I paid the $119 for the DVD collection plus the $20 shipping. The site looked VERY legit and I felt just fine about the credit card purchase. After I paid, I was promised a tracking confirmation number within 48 hours. I was so excited! Of course, the money was deducted THAT day from my account but, the DVD's never came! I called, sent emails, dealt with a lying saleslady named LeeAnne but I kept getting the run around and no confirm. number. I finally informed them that I was going to call my credit card company and my attorney - keep in mind this was over 1 month of this nonsense! AMAZINGLY, 2 days after my call to my c.c company, THEY returned the money and the c.c. company advised me to close that account and reopen a new one as they were very suspicious of the companies dealings so I did just that! Now that all 4 seasons are available, and we have them all, my daughter is a happy camper and I am happy to have a forum to blow these scammers in! Do Not order from www.dvdavenue.tv - they are NOT legit and they WILL scam you!