Dunlap Property GroupHarrasment

J

August 2008 they informed us that they will be entering our premises to perform routine smoke detector inspection. We just received notice that on November 3rd 2008 they will once again be entering our premises to perform routine smoke detector inspection. In addition, they will be performing routine garage maintenance on November 3rd 2008.

I have lived here for 4 years and never had a smoke detector inspection. Now that they are under new management they are performing this inspection every 2 months. In my opinion this seems excessive and leads me to beleive they are either looking for something in my apartment or they are looking to steal things from my apartment.

In regards to the garage maintenance, I was informed 2 days ago that if I did not provide them access to my garage by November 5th 2008 they would cut the lock and enter anyway.

Based on the fact that we have had 2 smoke detector inspections in 2 months and they are now threatening to cut the locks of my garage I can only come to the conclusion that they are either looking for something and/or looking for something to steal from my apartment as the letters stated that we need not be there.

Had they been trying to obtain access to one apartment unit I would give them the benift of the doubt. Considering that they are threatening the entire apartment complex I can only assume they are looking to search everyone's apartment FBI style. I do not know their motives but one can easily assume, considering the frequency of the invasions of personal space, that they are either looking for reasons to kick people out so they can charge more rent or they are ransacking peoples apartments for valuables they can steal.