Duke Energy Progresspower outage

N Sep 16, 2018 Review updated:

There was a threat of bad weather, however the power went out while there was little to no activity and did not come back for about 28 hours. I never got any updates from the company on the status of my electricity and was never notified of it being turned back on. There have been worse thunderstorms than what we experienced with Hurricane Florence and this should not have happened. One of my neighbors saw a lineman at CVS and was told "the problem is fixed it's up to Duke to the power back on" so it sounds like we were in the dark for reasons not related to the weather, and that is wrong! Who made the decision to have so many in the dark like that? What did it prove?

More Duke Energy Progress Complaints & Reviews

• Fr
    Free Solar Quote NC Oct 24, 2018

Natashia,
    I am sorry you had to deal with the power outage. I would love to put together a free solar quote for your home so that this doesn't ever happen again. The great thing is there is a program where Duke Energy will pay you to go solar so that it doesn't cost you anything out of pocket. You will have a lower solar bill which will never go up that replaces the Duke Bill which is going to increase over 32% over the next 5 years. Please contact me and we can develop that free design for you to see what a great option it is. Please email [email protected] or call (919) 299-6558.