DTDC Courier & Cargo Ltd.loss of material by agent

A

I sent one parcel from mohali (punjab) for kolkata on 13/10/2007 which contained following materials:-
1) readymade shirt - 1pc.
2) trouser length - 1pc.
3) saree - 1pc.

These were meant for gift on the occassion of durga puja which started from 18/10/2007. This consignment was booked from mohali phase 9.

The consignment weighed 1 kg 400 gms. And I was charged rs. 200 for that.

I sent a general declaration with the consignment describing all the items.

The consignment reached the destined address on 22/10/2007 and the consignee received the packet and opened it to find the saree missing. The consignment didn't have any declaration attached to it.
Likewise I have filed a written complaint with the agent where I had booked the consignment and after that I had complained at the official site of dtdc and my complaint number was fdb 0003159. My docket number against which I booked the consignment is z59025528.

Against the complaint I received the ollowing feedback without any indication of any solution against the loss incurred by me. I want to know what action can be taken by me as a consumer against such incidences.

Dear sir/madam,

Please find enclosed the delivery status of your consignment.

Delivery information
Delivery run sheet (drs) no. [protected]
Remarks (if any) nil

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,
For dtdc courier & cargo ltd.,

Vinutha
Executive customer support

• Br
    Brijesh Singh Apr 28, 2008

A pakage was booked on 22nd april from delhi and it was suppose to reach kolkata on 22th april(DTDC CN No. Z67689747 ). It is suppose to be a very important package for my company and was delivered in urgency.
    Its really a dilima that a company like DTDC has employed horrible people to fullfill there job. The package is lying in the Kolkata lake view office (177/1, S.P. MUKHERJEE ROAD, , CALCUTTA), but people are not even bothered to give it to me even though i went upto that place twice.

I have suffered my share of lose by choosing your service and i am sure that you will also suffer your share if you continue to diliver the same service.