Dongguan Zhengyang Import and Export Trading Co.,LTD. / china exporter of steel tubes.
On March 28, 2018 we purchased $11, 822.00 steel tubes in grade SS316Ti/316L from HUITONG Steel (China). When the tubes arrived into their destination they were tested and they did not even test out at SS304 which is much cheaper and lesser grade of material. The shipment also came in minus 40% of the contracted amount. A claim was filed with the shipping lines for the loss. The claim was denied because their investigation showed that the shipper removed the tubes from their packaging before being shipped.
The shipper defrauded us as follows:
1. Provided fraudulent Material Test Reports
2. Stated incorrect final total weight for shipment on Ocean BL
3. DONGGUAN ZHENGYANG IMPORT AND EXPORT TRADING CO., LTD. Shown as exporter on Certificate of Origin rather than Huitong Steel with the whom the contract was issued.
4. Covered up the fact that they did not mark each pipe per contract.
5. Removed 40% of the pipes from packaging prior to shipping.
6. Refused to refund shipping and total invoice costs.
We can provide all documentation for our claim.