Discover Europe / Fly Europe / Auto Europedidn't register or purchased air tickets

T

I ordered tickets to fly to Europe from St. Thomas in August. I arrived at the airport in the morning, and my itinerary didn't match the flight schedule. I called "Discover Europe" aka "Fly Europe" aka "Auto Europe" and got a recording that said they didn't open until 9 am EST. The airline insisted that if I wanted to leave I would purchase another ticket for the first leg until they could contact "Discover Europe" aka "Fly Europe" aka "Auto Europe", so I paid to fly to a hub so that they could be contacted when they opened.

When I spoke to them they admitted making an error, but said that I couldn't prove it. They explained they had parted ways with an employee they didn't get along with. They said there were no damages in their having not registered my order as my card had not been charged. (Indeed my card had not been charged.)

I argued that there was a problem that needed to be solved. After many hours and missing the connecting flight, they offered to sell me tickets for the same price that could be gotten on the discount market that day -- much much more than the original price. Plus they would not cover the first leg ticket. They said it was my fault. The rep explained that they were a discount company _for Europe_ not the US where I was, and that they didn't do tickets from where I was at.

I couldn't afford to spend yet more and I was left stranded. THEY LEFT ME STRANDED because they made a mistake and I couldn't prove it. My European accommodations charged me. I got a hotel, but hotels are expensive. If I can't get a local job that makes cash soon I may be left on the streets.

All due to the Discover Europe, aka Fly Europe, aka Auto Europe

John Allen Sep 04, 2008

Fly Europe does not cover any mistakes they make, and they make a lot of them.

• Aj
    ajeet123 Oct 03, 2018

I booked a car in europe, they had charged me but the car and the reservation was not ready. The worse part is, it is impossible to reach them and I have not received any refund. People should take serious action against such cheaters.