DeveloperIQ.comSubscription paid but magazine not delivered

S

I am writing this mail to bring to light the dont care attitude shown by a computer magazine company called. DeveloperIQ (www.developeriq.com) (owned by IQ TechMedia Pvt. Ltd.,308, 3rd Floor, Jhalawar E.S. Patanwala Compound, L.B.S. Marg,
Ghatkopar (W), Mumbai - 400 086, India
Phone: 022-[protected]
Fax: [protected])

I had placed an order for 1 year subscription to DeveloperIQ magazine via their online subscription facility provided at http://www.iqtechmedia.com/magazine/diq_subscription.php. The payment was done via my icici internet banking account (www.icicibank.com) on 18 jan 2007. The billing was done via ccavenues site and i received confirmation mail from them stating the amount was received. the site informed me that subscriptions will reach me within a week ie around jan 25.

A week went by. I thought since they had many subscribers , i thought a delay of 2-3 days is understandable. There was no news even on 31 Jan, 2007 so i decided to send them a mail. The mail was sent to [protected]@iqtechmedia.com as was instructed in the ccavenues payment confirmation(have attached in section titled "mails to developeriq" below this email) . I also kept a cc to [protected]@developeriq.com their customer support person. The cc bounced back with unknown mailbox error.

There was no reply even on 5th of Feb. So i sent a complaint to Mr Ramdas (their head) at his email id [protected]@developeriq.com.To my surprise even that did not get any reply. I resent the mail on Feb 8th and on Feb 15th all in vain.

In between suspecting their mail server to be down, i made a posting at DeveloperIQ 's own website at http://developeriq.com/articles/2006/nov/17/our-web/ on Feb 12th . No reply..Posted again at the site on Feb 16th. The same story ...Now i see there is one more guy, who posted at the site, named Mr Rahul Nimawat who sent a DD for membership of Club Developer IQ and is waiting for a couple of months

Maybe its they dont check all their pages so made a posting at http://developeriq.com/articles/2006/dec/10/we-need-move-again/ on 16 Feb,2007 but that was removed . So i reposted on Feb 18th.

Finally i thought maybe I had fallen prey to phishing and decided to contact CCAvenues. I had a prompt reply from them confirming my payment. (see section below named "Mails from CCAvenues.com" ).

Till date i have no reply from DeveloperIQ. CCavenues.com, one os the worlds largest online business company got time to respond, but not developeriq. I hope my mail might help someone in the future from falling into their trap.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Cc: [protected]@developeriq.com ; [protected]@ccavenue.com
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: regarding the order no: CART9437245

Dear Customer,

This is in reference to the e-mail mentioned below. Please note that the mentioned date was mistakenly stated as February 20, 2007 instead of January 20, 2007. Please accept our apology for the error. The inconvenience is deeply regretted.

For any further assistance, please feel free to revert.

Best Regards,
Anuja K Nair
Technical Support Executive

India: Avenues India Pvt Ltd
Plaza Asiad, Level II, S.V.Road, Santa Cruz (West), Mumbai 400054.India.
Phone: +91-22- [protected]/[protected]/[protected]/[protected]/[protected]/[protected]
Fax: +91-22- [protected]

Rahul Nimawat Mar 01, 2007

I sent a DD in favor of IQ Techmedia for the membership of Club DeveloperIQ, still after some months I am waiting for that to come to me. I wrote them some emails, no reply was received by me. I called their office and the person said that I will soon get it.

Hope I will get it this year. lol :D

GOD BLESS THEM!

• Si
    Sibi Joseph Vaithara Mar 20, 2007

Hi Rahul,

You are not the first :-)... welcome to the club... I have been writing to DeveloperIQ.com since jan 2007.

• Si
    Sibi Joseph Vaithara Jun 26, 2007

No reply for me till now So that makes it 6 months :-).. Did u get any reply?

Rahul Mathur Apr 17, 2009

You can to contact the right people. You have mistaken. I am getting my subscription copy regularly. No problem at all.

Radha K Dec 21, 2010

I got good response from DeveloperIQ.
    Now they have changed the name name to developeriq.in
    And you need to contact [email protected] for the complaints and subscriptions.

It's your mistake if you are not contacting right person.

• Sr
    Srz Jun 28, 2011

Even if we dont contact the right person, its their duty to forward the issue to the right person. This magazine is sick.

• Sr
    Srz Jun 28, 2011

Eevn if we dont contact the right person its their duty to forward the issue to the right person. This magazine is sick.

• Je
    Jespal Singh Sep 08, 2011

I am receiving the magazine regularly. There is no problem. Now the website is developeriq.in not developeriq.com. this is the best magazine in India for the developers.

• Di
    diveshsr Jan 11, 2012

DeveloperIQ is excellent magazine. It is very good for IT Students as well as for IT Professionals.

johj May 15, 2016

I paid for a new subscription last week and there is no reply. I should have read these complaints before placing the order.

johj May 15, 2016

I think it is time to take DeveloperIQ to the Police/Court.

• Pa
    Parag Kamble May 24, 2016

same thing happens to me i am going to file a case against them

• Ju
    Jugal Boro Feb 12, 2017

@Parag Kamble yeah... we should

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices