Department of Home Affairs Logo

Department of Home Affairs

Having problems with Department of Home Affairs?

Department of Home Affairs Customer Service Contacts

+27 800 601 190 (Customer Service)
+27 124 062 500 (Head Office)
Pretoria
South Africa

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Department of Home Affairs Customer Service. Initial Department of Home Affairs complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Department of Home Affairs above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Department of Home Affairs. Discuss the issues you have had with Department of Home Affairs and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Department of Home Affairs Complaints & Reviews

Department of Home AffairsPoor service

Good evening
Trust you are well.
I was not happy with the service I received from one of the staff member by the name of Thembisile. I have applied for a change of surname on the 23 January 2019 for my son & it was my fourth time doing follow up on the 17/02/2020. I haven't received any SMS since my last follow up until today as the manager promised.
Warm regards
Shirley

Feb 28, 2020

Department of Home Affairs — bad service received from branch manager

Today, on the 28 February 2020, I went to the Home affairs office at Nedbank, Constantia Kloof, Roodepoort...

Jul 23, 2019

Department of Home Affairs — unbreached birth certificate

I applied for my unabridged birth certificate the 11 February 2019. I phoned non stop every week, then every...

Home Affairsfake passport payment

On Friday 02 Nov 2018 at 15:29 I got an email from Home Affairs to say I have paid for a IDpassport. I did not apply for one because I already have one. Tried calling on Friday but no success. I have attached the email from Home Affairs.

EHOMEAFFAIRS PAYMENT STATUS UPDATE
    Thank you for making a payment for your application. Payment details below are:
    • Reference: ECH-00008UUG-33A02F-J
    • Status Date: 2018/11/02
    • Payment Status: Complete - Success
    • Payment Amount: 540

I already paid and got my passport on the 14/09/2017
    • Reference: ECH-000098KW-E5A33A-4
    • Status Date: 2017/09/07

I have deleted my ID number on one email and partly on the other email.

fake passport payment
    fake passport payment

• Updated by Supabod · Nov 03, 2018

Hi

I received the email on Friday 02 November at 15:29 subject was eHomeAffiars PAYMENT STATUS UPDATE. I have not applied for a passport I already have one. The is one trying to duplicate my passport. I tried calling on Friday but no success see below email from them.

This is worrying that someone can duplicate your passport so easily.

From: [email protected]
        Sent: Friday, 02 November 2018 15:29
        To: Tania Von Bargen
        Subject: eHomeAffairs PAYMENT STATUS UPDATE

APPLICATION
        eHomeAffairs Payment Status Update

ID Number: [protected]

Contact centre: [protected]
        www.dha.gov.za

Dear Sir/Madam

EHOMEAFFAIRS PAYMENT STATUS UPDATE
        Thank you for making a payment for your application.
        Payment details below are:
        • Reference: ECH-00008UUG-33A02F-J
        • Status Date: 2018/11/02
        • Payment Status: Complete - Success
        • Payment Amount: 540

Sincerely,
        ISSUED ON BEHALF OF THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF THE DEPARTMENT OF HOME AFFAIRS

Home Affairs — Unabridged Birth Certificate

We applied for my daughters unabridged birth certificate in October 2015, every time I phone to follow-up...

Home Affairs Akasia PretoriaNo service

Good day can you please assist me urgently i have been to you Offices in Akasia every week for almost two months now for them to change my Maritial status on there system so i can get my new marriage certificate and apply for my new id but every week is the same story nothing has been changed why is it taking so long just to change something on a computer this is causing a lot of problems for me because i am on my husbands medical aid and are expecting our baby but everybody wants a marriage certificate and id and i don't get any service from home affairs.

Kokstad Home AffairsLetter of No Impediment

I was told by the Department of International Relations and Cooperations to get a Letter of Impediment for the Home Affairs in Kokstad, and said that all home affairs issues this letter, but when i got there, no one knows what is a Letter of Impediment, i then phoned Pretoria to speak these people working at home affairs, they still dont understand!!! How can these people still work there???? I then went back at 2:30 pm, waited there for like 10 minutes, and was told that that lady is off... i mean, its only 2:30pm, these useless black people, they always drag their feets! take more then twice the actual time to finish one thing.!!! These people need to be educated and know what is a No impediment, and not just sit there with heater next to them, cannot help us while taking the salary !

Mandy Ni May 06, 2013

they must know that their duties is to help us ! and not to ignore us! stupid ppl!

Mandy Ni May 06, 2013

these people working there are so useless!

Dept of Home AffairsDelay in Permit renewal application

Hi there,
          I applied for a permit renewal on 1-Nov-2011 at the Germiston HOme affairs. My permit was expiring on 31 - Dec - 2011. It took 7 months for the home affairs to give me a result and it was rejected stating that my application did not meet the requirements. I am married to a SA citizen and hence some requirements do not apply to my application. This information was included in my application. I submitted a appeal in June 2012 again at the Germiston Home Affairs but i havent heard anything yet from the dept of home affairs abt progress. Please help.

Home Affairs Centurion PretoriaLost Application?

I have handed in my application for my passport, temporary ID and ID book. I have contacted your customer service to find out how far my application is. Whether I can come collect my Passport and ID in the next few days, but all they told me is that there are no applications on their system for me and that I have to contact the Regional Office in Pretoria, which I did. They also confirmed that there is no application of any kind on my Name on their system. I have the receipts of paying R400.00 for my Passport and another R120.00 for my ID Document. The regional office suggested that I should call the Centurion Office where I applied for everything. The offices moved a long time ago, and still dont have any new contact numbers where I couldve at least found out where my applications were. The Regional Office also suggested after I called them to say that the number they gave me for the Centurion Office was not correct any more as I was greeted by a lady from an Engineering Company or so, that I should go to the Centurion Office in person. How am I supposed to get there if I dont live in Pretoria? And then stand in line for a few hours again just because THEY lost my application.

Home Affairs — No delivery

I got married at the department of Home affairs Regional office here in P.E & on 21-12-2009 we submitted an...

Home Affairs Pretoriapermits

my husband and our two children wanted to renew our permits so we pllied at the nearest home affairs, that is, George.the date of submission was 26 November 2010.after several follow ups we were told to reapply in March 2011 and we did that twice. ny husband got an sms on the 6th of April saying that our permits have been finalised and amazingly our renewal was rejected, the reason being that we applied after our permits had expired. our permits were expiring 31 Dec 2010 and we renewe 26 Nov 2010 almost a month before they expired so what are we supposed to do. my husband is a qualified electrician and in the last 3 years we have spent close to 15 000 rands at home affairs for permits. how long will this go on?people who were illegal were being sished out 4 year permits and us since we have been here we have never been illegal, have done everything by the book.please advise.

• Ph
                  PhindileP Dec 29, 2014

I applied for an amendment on my son's birth certificate it has been a month now and still nothing, we were told to re-apply as the amendment officers had not received our request, how is it possible that we pay our taxes every single month but the service delivery is so poor, why are servicing this poor team of government??????????????????????????

• Na
                  nanadee Jan 14, 2013

Good day nobesuthu, it is really sad that we have to spend so much money and still get no help but those people who do not have anything info just get everything right.
                  For the past the past seven years i have been applying for my ID but till today as i speak i have never seen or have mi own ID. It is really sad that we have to go thru all this pain, w can not do anything without an ID. I hope and pray to God that this year everything will change for the better.

Nanadee

Department of Home AffairsI finally understand why people go to Home Affairs and take hostages or commit suicide at their offices

I finally understand why people go to Home Affairs and take hostages or commit suicide at their offices. I have an existing Passport that expires in Jan 2010, unfortunately you can't travel abroad with your passport for the last 6 months your passport is valid. I will be traveling to Zanzibar in Oct 09 so that meant I had to apply for a renewal. I went to the Home Affairs in Kempton Park in May 09 thinking that this should be more than enough time.

Well guess what it is now middle Sept and I still do not have my passport. I had to submit my photos and fingerprints twice now and was just informed now I have to submit it again. I have spoken to Head Office on numerous occasions and they inform me Kempton Park must re-capture the application. When I speak to Kempton Park they inform me that it is with Head Office.

I even gone as far as to ask to speak to a Supervisor at Head Office who took my phone number and told me she would come back to me in 2 days time. I tried to phone her after 3 days and her phone just rings. They even gave me her cell nr and that also just ring.

• Mo
                    Mohau Oct 07, 2010

I am hopelessly disappointed in your office being the most important office on the land expected to do excellently on service delivery but doing the exact opposite of what is expected of them...I have applied for an ID last year on the 24th of August for a change of surname and I still dont have my ID.

Initially I made an application assisted by some lady who didn't tell me that I should submit my father's declaration allowing me to use his surname, (obviously the lady didn't know her work!)...And then after this I was told that I should submit it, which I did, apparently I was told that I should have recieved a letter from the Bloemfontein office, (where I made the applicaton) that summoned me to come with that declaration.

EVEN AFTER THIS WHOLE PROCESS WHICH TOOK PLACE IN JULY THIS YEAR, I STILL DONT HAVE MY ID WITH ME...I dont know what I should do now!

Department of Home AffairsRectifying my date of birth on ID is a nightmare

I am so disgusted by the lack of service I'm getting from the department of home affairs. In February 2009 I went to a Sasolburg branch to apply for a new ID to rectify the date of birth. In March I got a call from one of the staff members at the same branch saying I need to have my fingerprints done and they say I have done this in Feb when I first went in. Done. Waited a few months before I could check the status with the call centre. I spoke to a Shirley and Patience on 24th Aug and they both mentioned that they're received my application to change my surname!! I was shocked, they gave me a case number to say that they'll pass a message to the head office to rectify this, they said I had to phone back after 2-3weeks to check, I did that but all they say is : 'your application is with the head office'. Spoke to Precious on 03 September. I spoke to Mandla today, gave him the case number and he put me on hold only to cut me off. I immediately dialled back and the same Mandla answered, this time he didn't put me on hold but he gave me the very same famous answer: 'your application is with the head office'. What am I supposed to do to get this rectified. I'm really sick of this!!!