Crazy cameras£160 GBP sent for camera, only a camera sent. Company will not refund despite sending photographic evidence of item and invoice sent

S

I sent £160 (GBP) to this Company which is advertised using the UK web site above for an underwater camera on the 24th of August this year. I received a camera case and a week later a DHL customs invoice showing declared value as 37 dollars. After weeks of trying to call number given and leaving messages and getting no reply, sending countless e mails including (at their request) photographic evidence of both camera and invoice, they have stated that they did not send only the camera case and will not refund. I do not know what to do now. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and they confirmed having received my e mail but have heard nothing since.

I am appalled that this Company are being allowed to trade in this manner, nowhere in the web page are you made aware that you are dealing with an American Company and the Customer Service is non exsistent. There are forums with pages of similar stories. I woul appreciate if you could do anything to help

• Bi
    Biffo4rtr Nov 04, 2009

I ordered 2 lenses off this company, they took the payment from my Maestro card immediately.I have made numerous phone call but can't get through .I have sent many emails without response.The items were ordered on the 20th oct 09 .I've heard nothing since.
    This is the Order No: CC-091020-083039-5733..Are they scammers ?.I believe the head office is in Oregon..

• Ho
    hodo9968 Nov 13, 2009

Yep! You could be right. I ordered a Nikon digital camera from Crazycameras on the 24/10/09. They took the money 48 hours later. Promised delivery within 5 - 7 working days. Still waiting for goods. Cannot get thru on the phone. Sent numerous emails to support. Was given the excuse that their distributors had problems linking to their systems and were trying to fix the errors. Then told to wait another 7 days for delivery...still nothing.
    You are by no means the first or last regarding this companies antics.
    We all think its a scam to get your money into their account and earn as much interest as possible.
    Just think, if 100 people a day spent an average of £400 with this company...well...
    Its thought the site is registered to George Hill 691 Dell Road AK 63209 United States and operating out of Portland Oregan...but not 100% on this.
    Advice:- keep a copy of all emails and correspondence etc, keep a log of everything.
    Copy and paste this link below into your browser, it will explain everything...wish I'd seen this before I purchased.

Good luck. Neil. North Wales. UK

Dolly Beagan Nov 16, 2009

I ordered 2 x ipod touch for £433 on 15 October. On 29th Octobe I received a camera worth £106.

They keep promising to send me a return label, but still nothing. They don, t answer e mails and when you do get through on the phones, customer service apologises past themselves and promises to "escalate concerns to upper management". How can this happen.

I am devastated, these are my kids christmas presents, and I can, t afford to buy them again . And why should I have to.

Dolly, Liverpool

dodgy websites Nov 23, 2009

I feel lucky after reading about Crazy Cameras antics.
    Ive been shopping around for a2nd battery for my panasonic hs300 cam
    they offered the batteries at such a low price like £93 when most others are around £109-£190.
    I almost bought but decided to send an email just for them to assure me that they are genuine panasonic products!!! After a week and 4 emails I still have had no response. If it were my firm and I had the opportunity to sell a hundred quids worth of goods just for replying to an email I would answer immediately. Needless to say I am so wary I prefer to pay a little more and deal with a more
    positive company.
    I sympathise with everyone who has problems with this company
    Don ------uk

• Ba
    Bad Bunny Nov 24, 2009

Wish I'd read these bfore I ordered a Nikkor lens from these imbeciles! Placed my order on the 11th November 09, had a phone call from their admin person (I assume) the next day confirming all my details (which I thought was a little odd...).

Didn't hear anymore from them so I tried phoning yesterday and got their ridiculous answering machine - duly left a message which I suspicioned (correctly, as it turns out) wouldn't be followed up. Logged onto their website, emailed their customer services bods - nothing...

Phoned them again at 1249hrs, actually got through to a real person! I asked where my lens was, she gave me some old rubbish about how their systems wasn't connecting (or something, I wasn't really in much of a mood to pay attention to details like that!) and therefore all deliveries were delayed. I think she was quite surprised when I told her that I wasn't buying that because, according to various forums, they've been using that line for the last 8 or 10 months. Went on to point out to her at length that, contrary to what they may think, it's very easy to phone a company such as DHL or UPS and say "Our system is knackered and we've got a parcel to go out to the UK, would you mind awfully picking it up and delivering it for us?" - speechless, she was!

I pressed home my point by demanding the lens by the next morning, or the money back in my account by close of play that day (UK time, not US time...) - she said that she would speak with her shipping department and get someone to call me back within 24 hours. I mentioned to her that clearly she wasn't understanding where I was coming from - lens or money in the next 12 hours. Again, she tried to say she would get someone to call me back...

Chose to play my trump card at this point, having played nicely up til then... Told this silly girl that I work for the police in the UK (which is true) and that if this wasn't sorted out by the afternoon then I would be passing on the company details to my chums in the Fraud & Internet Crime Team (I'm sure such a thing exists, but they're probably not called that!), who would be doing a bit of research and then would liase with their colleagues across The Pond - she should expect a knock on the door soon.

That did sort of give her pause, so I left it at that and went about my business. Checked my emails a bit later on and found a message from Crazy Cameras (timed almost exactly 15 minutes from my phone call to them) advising that they wouldn't be able to get the lens to me by the next morning, so they would refund the money to my account in the next 5-7 days. I wait with bated breath to see if that happens, if not I guess I'll have to find out what the Fraud & Internet Crime Team is actually called and get them to deal!!

Please don't trade with this "company" and publicise everywhere you can that they are not to be trusted. If, like me, it's a bit late to take avoiding action, mention that you (or someone you know) works for the police/CPS or anything with legal connotations - might make them refund the money, but I doubt if you'll ever see what you ordered.

Hope this helps...

Nicky P.

• He
    HemD34 Dec 10, 2009

This Company is based in the USA

It des not communicate with customers who are asking for their goods or requesting a refund, It is clearly a scam company making thousands of dolars a day.

• captaincaveman Dec 12, 2009

i am outraged by the shoddy practices of this so called company. i have been left deeply upset and dissapointed and i shall never buy, online, from a foreign business again. after waiting almost twenty three years for my atari, i feel that should cut my losses and invest in a mega drive.

• Bb
    b-brandon Dec 15, 2009

I placed an order for a 180 gb i pod, have no comformation e-mail, tryed to phone, no answer, sent e-mail had reply with in 3 days and i pod with in 2 more.
    in fact when you thick how far it came and how much i save on it, it was not a bad deal at all, Think i can forgive the lack of a comformation e-mail.

it's not a scam ! just may be not to well ran

brandon w. leicestershire

• Cr
    Crazy Scam Dec 17, 2009

Please Please Please Avoid Crazy Cameras I put money aside all year so I could buy my wife a Canon G10 for Christmas. I will not bore you with the X Factor tear jerker as to the reasons why I wanted to get her this needless to say I have lost my money and no camera. If anyone is reading this don’t buy from them they are simply a scam.

• St
    stuart Dalton Dec 17, 2009

i ordered a canon eos 500d on the 6/12/09 and a bag £600
    no bag no canon i have tired everything no joy. I don't under stand why there not shut down called my card company no joy yet but will keep trying so gutted sold my old canon

• Be
    berwicklaw Jan 22, 2010

Crazy Cameras Is a shambles They will take your money but you are unlikely to see your camera. Certainly not within a month. I ordered on January 2nd. On January 22nd after many false dawns they informed me "that they could not guarantee delivery date" I cancelled and now wait and see if refunded
    Do not patronise. Please note that despite the pretence they are NOT based in UK but in USA See other review boards and complain if already hooked to the Oregon State Better Business Bureau

• St
    stewart b. Jan 23, 2010

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid if you've ordered anything from this company. As with other people, I ordered my goods on January 5th 2010; the money was taken from my account on the 7th, but as yet, still no sign of my goods.E-mails are totally ignored; the phones are constantly engaged and don't even bother to leave your phone number for them to call back, as you will be waiting a very long time. This site should be closed down-SCAMMERS.

• Ol
    Oliver Tait Jan 25, 2010

Ordered a camera bag for £50 on 14 January 2010 and it is now the 25th January and I still haven't received it. I e-mailed today and got a reply apologising for the delay saying the item would be despatched within 5-7 days. I also rang and thought I would be speaking to a dealer in the UK but the phone sounded like a mobile. The girl said there had been problems with the despatchers but she would get on to them straight away. I then noticed the forums relating to this company and am now very worried I won't receive my goods. Thank heavens it's only a relatively small amount. I have used Amazon extensively over the Christmas and have bought two Nikon lenses on line over the last few weeks without a hitch so was lulled into a false sense of security. Other bloggers are right - why chance it...buy from other more trusted sources. Is there anything anyone can do to remove this site from the internet??

josh6969 Jan 28, 2010

ordered 3/1/10, nothing recieved, can't get through, wont reply to e mails, staight to answer phone, took my money straight away, very fed up, want the camera, or a refund but can't get an answer on either, very angry, lynne

• Lp
    LPDorset Jan 30, 2010

I ordered a camera on Jan 1st and payment was taken immediately from my card. 3 weeks later and still nothing. Emailed them to be told that there was a problem with their shipping department and that my item would be despatched in the next 5 to 7 working days. 10 days later and still nothing so emailed them to say due to the non-arrival of my camera I wished to cancel the order. They responded immediately to say that there was a shipment due in the next week and my order MAY be in that but if I still wished to cancel I would have to do so online as they no longer take cancellations via email or phone! Online, my order says it in the shipment process and therefore it is not possible to cancel at this stage!!

Needless to say, I have informed my credit card company and will inform Trading Standards as well as taking every opportunity of letting others know via the internet of this particular company.

• Cr
    Crazy cameras customer! Feb 03, 2010

It's important that we let everybody know about this company.
    I waited 2 months until i got a refund. Keep on hassling them and ask for the managers direct phone number.
    Good luck!

• Tw
    Twenty-Two Feb 11, 2010

I wish I had seen this forum before I placed and order with them! I ordered a Panasonic FZ38, after being told that it would arrive within 5 - 7 working days. My credit card was debited on the day of the order, I then received an email saying that the camera I would be receiving was a Panasonic FZ35 (obviously destined for a foreign market - I'm in the UK) and they would let me know when it was in stock...They promised to call me an explain on two occaisions but didn't and the number they displayed is unobtainable. I have contacted them by email and received a standard " your order is being processed and will be with you as soon as possible" I spoke to them live (on-line) too and got the same reply. I have now cancelled - after being offered a free gift to continue with my order - and am tying to get my money refunded.

Stee clear of Crazy Cameras!

• Ke
    Keen Amateur Feb 11, 2010

Crazy Camera (CC) is a scam and here’s why: You order very specific products, CC sends you massively inferior goods and claim that everything is in their T&C’s as justification. Worst of all, they breach those Terms and Conditions with apparent impunity by not informing consumers of any change.

Here are the circumstances: a simple order of ultra high spec SDHC memory cards (Sandisk ExtremeIII) for a new Full HD camcorder requiring Class-6 as a minimum spec. These cards were to be used in extreme temps. Without any notice, CC sent totally different products. Class 2, microSD. The type of cards produced 3/4 years ago. These are of absolutely no use for the purpose and their cost (on other UK sites) is barely half of the original order. And now here’s the claim: under CC’s Terms and Conditions, CC is able to switch orders with “equivalent” products. That’s it. No calls, no e-mails and CC simply sends random products irrespective of the original order (“Does it look like an SD card? It’s written on it, I guess, .. ok, send it and don't respond to e-mails!). They now have stopped responding to e-mails, calls and messages on the internet without any satisfactory response beyond their constant and generic “We apologize for the inconvenience, sir”. This scam is performed out of the US and for the sake of saving 10% on an order, this is now proving to be the worst of consumer experiences. The issue is not the relative difference in the goods, the products sent are of no use and hence, I have lost £160 in the process. Period. The advice is: DO NOT use CRAZY CAMERAS, they take great care to scam you out of your cash by supplying you with totally inferior, old and useless products.

• Al
    ALFG Feb 18, 2010

Ok - well I went into this transaction with my eyes open; I had read they were painfully slow but I couldn't resist the deal. However, €250 has been out of my account since the 3rd of Feb and I'm still waiting for my camera. I don't appreciate someone else earning MY interest!! They have repeatedly sent me inane emails saying they need to speak to me but no phone call has been forthcoming. After reading this page I just sent through a terse email telling them to refund my money. After all the admin time they've taken writing to me, I'm sure it would have been worth their time to just send my damn camera. Now to see if the money comes back into my account...
    Oh yeah, one other thing, today after my numerous demands over email I noticed that the status of my order is now listed as "Possible Fraud B" - sounds very assuring.
    May they get their come-uppence the greedy, dishonest scurge on society...

• Ox
    oxford_yvonne Feb 19, 2010

Hi,

does anybody know how to get help in having the money back on my account after they didnt deliver my order?

Yvonne

• Ho
    Howard1 Feb 20, 2010

I have just ordered a Panasonic Lumix TZ6 from Crazy Cameras. Ordered on February 8th 2010, they took the money from my account on February 9th 2010. It is now 20th February and guess what -no camera. I emailed yesterday and got a standard reply today to say apologies and 5-7 working days for delivery. I phoned and got the ususal ' problems with our lines' message. From everything I have read, I am feeling this company is either a scam and needs closing down or incredibly inefficient and needs closing down.
    I have noticed complaints about Crazy Cameras from 2009 on other forums and comments about fraud and reporting them to the police. So why are they still trading???
    I have contacted my bank and having paid by credit card I am hoping I get the money back. I am now ordering the same camera from a reputable site.
    From my experience of this company, don't use them.
    Howard

• Kj
    K.Jacko Feb 22, 2010

Terrible company to deal with. Ordered camera on 1st Feb, never arrived. Aked for refund, which they agreed to, that's not arrived either.
    Apparently others have reported that if the item comes from the USA then you can expect to pay extra tax on top?!?!??

Avoid these cowboys at all costs!!!

I have made a complaint to play.com as they have crazycameras as a sponsored link, which is how i found out about them and subsequently ordered from them. I wrongly assumed that they were reputable as they were on play's website.!!!

THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BURN FOR ETERNITY!!!

• Gr
    Graham Baylis Feb 22, 2010

It is necessary that this company be taken down. Everyone should ask their friends to start placing Tweets about the company to say that they are not to be trusted. Google also should be taken to task for continuing to allow them to use Adwords. Please everyone Tweet and make Facebook entries about this, lets make a Global Buzz out of this and make sure that no one and I mean no one will every trust CrazyCameras again.

• Ka
    Kalouchi Feb 23, 2010

Ordered camera on 31st Jan 2010. Followed up re non delivery. Got the usual emailed response. Many emails later I received an email yesterday telling me they had "submitted a request to their shipping department to process the cancellation of your order." I too wait with baited breath. I have notified my credit card supplier. Just wish I'd read the forums before! As merchants for several card suppliers one wonders why they still have the facilities to trade. Steer well clear. I now find the same item on Amazon for anly a few pounds more.

• Pa
    paul3368 Feb 25, 2010

I STUPIDLY ORDERED A CAMERA IN GOOD FAITH AND PAID THE MONEY FROM THIS COMPANY... THEY TAKE THE MONEY ANDF DON'T DILIVER THE GOOD'S... I'M never going to buy another product from thse COWBOY'S... I WANT COMPENSATION, AND I WANT IT NOW...

Dontusecrazycamerasever Feb 26, 2010

Looks like this is a big scam! Do not order from this company. I ordered an EOS500D on 4th Feb 2010, received the phone call "checking my details" quite late the next evening. I couldn't quite pick up the accent but not a UK call centre. I have emailed numerous times to be told that they are experiencing system problems and they could not give me a delivery date. I have just cancelled my order and asked for an immediate refund (they took the money immediately); I have also contacted my credit card company. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!! The prices are obviously too good to be true. If I do get my money back then I can only assume the scam is earning interest on lots of £500's over a few weeks then giving the money back.

• Ye
    yesitsme Feb 27, 2010

It is a complete fraud. The owner of the domain crazycameras.co.uk is a fake ID (against Nominet's rules).

Their trading address is Portland, Oregon and is simply a postal box dropping address. I dont believe they actually have any goods to send out. My bank told me that my money was paid to a UK business - so I am researching that a little further.

Should anyone wish to take action, then write to DD24.net - the registrar of the domain crazycameras.co.uk and tell them of the false registration details (the road where the alleged owner is at doesnt actually exist in Alaska). You can also write to EUhosts, the web hosting company.

More info here- whois.sc/crazycameras.co.uk

The Better Business Bureaux in Portland has been dealing with complaints - add your own - http://www.bbb.org/oregon/business-reviews/internet-shopping/crazy-cameras-in-portland-or-22518034

I placed my order in early January and its now nearly march, I too have had multiple 5-7 days, cant cancel as it is in shipping, its with this department, that department. The truth of the matter of course is that none of these departments exist and im sure that as soon as they have amassed probably $1m in payments they will unfortunately "go out of business" and disappear.

Lesson learned I guess.

• Pi
    Picklehead Mar 04, 2010

I like several more have done sent for photo printer, my money was taken out of my account on 2.2.2010 and have up to date not received anything. When I managed to contact the by email they claimed to be having problems with the processing. They claimed the goods would be with me in 5-7 days. I have been unable to get the on the phone as the answer machine is permantly on. I sent an email before I went away for a week but when I came back there was no reply, I have now asked for a refund (some hope) no doubt.
    I lke many others wish I had seen this site before I dealt with crazycameras.
    At least I have been able to voice my grievence.

Yours Neveragain.

• Gw
    G W56 Mar 08, 2010

I too had problems. I did manage to get a refund the day after the last email. There had been a string of other emails saying it is coming, but no 'when'. I had already asked the CC co to despute the transaction and do a return . . .

---------------
    No. Sorry, too late. This order is cancelled.

Issue a refund immediately. If not actioned in the next 24 hours I will obtain your merchant ID and ask the credit card companies to dispprove you.

Because you have not despatched the items as specified or been able to give a despatch date despite several requests, do not answer the phone and as illustrated here have not answered my question on the cancellation process, this order is null and void.

I require you to refund the full monies deducted from my card within 24 hours or I will take legal action and seek damages.

-----Original Message-----
    From: "CrazyCameras Support" <[email protected]>
    To: "xxxxxxxx
    Sent: 03/03/10 19:06
    Subject: Re: Order xxxx
    Hi George,

We apologize for the inconvenience.

We are so sorry for the delay. Our shipping department is experiencing technical problems. We can have your products delivered to you within 5 - 7 working days. Once again, we are truly very sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Crazy Cameras
    Customer Support Team N
    On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 12:24 AM,

----------------------------
    Hello

I have had no indication of when this order will be despatched or received despite asking for this 4 times.

You have debited my credit card.

I am cancelling the order immediately as you have not dispatched the order and get a full refund. Take this communication as immediate notice of this demand.

Your instructions are to cancel the order via the 'My account' on the web site. I have tried this, but there is no facility there to support cancellation. If there is a way of doing this, please send full and accurate instructions.

You state

"Provided that the item requested is in stock, Crazy Cameras will ship your product within seven business days from the date that the order was placed. In many cases, we are able to ship our products sooner than seven days. Crazy Cameras will keep customers updated on the status of the order if the order is not shipped within seven business days."

This order was placed 11 business days ago. This is no indication that the item is out of stock.

I have tried to telephone you and there is never anyone available, only a garbled message.

It appears that this is at best just a very unreliable service, or at worst an illegal scam.

I have started a dispute process with my credit card company in order to retrieve the funds.

Yours sincerely

• Da
    dahlas Mar 12, 2010

they are a bunch of parrasites who should be in prison it has put me off buying online it beggars belief they are still getting away withit why are they not taken off line i wish i could meet them.

• Ga
    gasmanjonno Mar 20, 2010

I PLACED AN ORDER AND PAID FOR IT IN FULL ON 7TH FEB 2010 NUMEROUS EMAILS AND NO GOODS .THEY REFUSED TO CANCELL THE ORDER STATING EVERYTHING THAT ALL THE OTHER REVIEWS STATES...

EVENTUALLY TODAT 20TH MARCH2010 THEY STATE THAT THEY HAVE ONGOING PROBLEMS WITH A CREDIT CARD PROCESSING COMPANY AND I SHOULD TAKE UP MY PROBLEMS WITH MY OWN CREDIT CARD COMPANY !!

AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE !!! I AM NOW OUT OF POCKET BY £125.00

THEY SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED BY THE AMERICAN FRAUD DEPT.

THEIR WEB SITE SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE INTERNET DO NOT USE THEM ...

VERY DISGRUNTLED JOHN FROM BOURNEMOUTH UK

Manxie Mar 22, 2010

Crazy Cameras are clearly scammers. I ordered a Nikon Camera on January 19th and after countless emails matching those of other contributors to this forum, I've been told they've cancelled the order but can't refund me because of technical issues with a credit card processor. Funny how they always manage to take the money out of your account. In my case it was a debit card so I'm clearly stuffed.
    Surely the US authorities can do something about these criminals. I also worry that they have my account numbers from withdrawing the initial £78.
    I'm gutted - as the camera was supposed to be my wife's birthday present.

• Cu
    Curtis Brush Apr 02, 2010

Sign the petition to bring these scammers to justice - http://www.petitiononline.com/crazycam/petition.html

• Ge
    Get Off Your Soap Box Apr 08, 2010

I fell into the www.crazycamera.co.uk trap a few days ago. As they will not canel my order or refund I have started a Facebook group as there seems to be hundreds of UK based complaints. I also have dedicated my blog to them to, again, highlight negative but true comments that will hopefully drown the search engines in few days. PLEASE JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP ABOUT THIS PATHETIC COMPANY.

Blog:

• Bo
    bobspics Apr 09, 2010

how despairing i wish i found this site earlier am i the lastest to be caught by this scam i also ordered a camera from these schemers i also had the funds taken from my account the following day i also have been given the run around with emails what niggles me most is that i found these jerks through amazon so thought they where safe naffed off or what WARNING TOO ALL STAY CLEAR

• Je
    jeho Apr 13, 2010

I am so gutted to now read these comments having just last week ordered a Sony camera for £273 to photograph my wedding in September this year. The money has gone and no camera, and every time I email it gets returned by postmaster!! Help! Is there anything anyone thinks I can do? I paid by debit card so I dont think I can even get a refund :( If anyone can help I would be so grateful

• Ak
    A Kneller 7 Apr 13, 2010

Ordered camera, money taken, no delivery after 30 days, now unable to contact company.

• Co
    ConnedToo Apr 14, 2010

Yep! Add another one to the list! Ordered a ruck sack over a month ago, got the "sorry we're experiencing technical difficulties" line. The same as a previous post. Two other emails sent since then have gone unanswered, just ignored.

AVOID THEM!

• Am
    amycakes Apr 14, 2010

I've also been duped by these people. I left a voicemail message yesterday and they sent me an email reply today with the standard message of "Our shipping department is experiencing technical problems."

Tried to send them a further email in reply but it got bounced back.

I spent £240 and it was on a debit card so the bank can't return any money to me, I'm so upset. I don't have much money so I had to save up and it was for a present.

jane - oadby - leic. May 11, 2010

These people are thieves. they took money out of my account for an iPod touch. £125 on 9th April, I have had no delivery and no refund even though it was promised as they were unable to meet delivery due to lack of stock. I've sent several e.mails and have taken legal advice. I think that the message loud and clear is don't trust them, don't order from them and I think that it is outrageous that Google still allow them to advertised despite all the complaints which are posted about them