Consumer GeneticsRefund

E

This company claims to determine the gender of your unborn child after 10 weeks of gestation with blood samples, testing for male/female DNA. They incorrectly predicted mine and when I sent in the hospital confirmation to exercise their money back guarantee policy, they have not responded. It's been 2 months since I provided this documentation and still have not receive my refund!!! I've sent several emails, spoke to several representative, left many messages, but no response. Their last email about a month ago, states that they will send the check in two weeks, however, a month goes by and still no check. DO NOT PURCHASE THEIR KITS... IT'S ALL FALSE CLAIMS AND DO NOT REFUND. THEIR PRODUCT CAN BE FOUND ON AMAZON AND THEIR WEBSITE (www.consumergenetics.com)

• Ca
    carolineconer Nov 01, 2017

I did try the pink or blue test and did it as I was in my 11 week of pregnancy. (so according to their policy, I could have even done it up to 2 weeks earlier ) When I got results, it said I was expecting a girl (I even got a certificate), and same week I had ultrasound 12w when I was told almost sure for a boy, according to the anatomy seen on screen. I asked Consumer genetic to check if they were no lab mistake on my file, they ensure me my sample had no Y trace - so it was a girl 98%. The boy gender got confirmed twice since. What the society offers me is reimbursement once I send them a birth certificate. I find this compensation too little for the damage caused.I am planning to voice together with other abused consumers and suits them on court. This is too easy to refund back one year later the money paid, there should be additional compensation for their lack of reliability and the false expectancy they provoked on people like me, who do those test on purpose to clarify gender.

• Sh
    shizuko Feb 08, 2016

Same thing happened to me. No phone answers and I cannot get a refund from my credit card company now that it has been over 90days. 290dollars for a false result.

• Li
    Lindsay Noad Jan 15, 2016

I have no idea how this company is still in operation. We paid extra to have the sample tested quickly and received the results 2 days late. Like the comments above, I received the wrong results and sent in the paperwork to get the refund that I was owed. 4 months later, I have still not received my refund. The phone is never answered and emails are rarely returned. At one point, the manager called me and promised that the cheque would be sent within a week. That was over a month ago. I have a paper trail a mile long demonstrating my attempts to contact the company and the no response/lies that I received in return.
    I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau but am not optimistic that the money will be returned. At this point, I doubt they even did the blood test that they were supposed to do. I suspect this is a scam- they take your money, promising a refund that they know they will never send and just send you a test result that has a 50/50 shot of being right. Something needs to be done to shut these people down.

• Pr
    Pradip R Gupta Aug 18, 2013

They delivered Pink or Blue test kit in considerable delayed period to Bahrain, when it has become useless for us. They promised to pay refund, and now 2 years, I haven't received any refund.

• Zl
    zlylima Aug 05, 2011

I am having the same problem with them now. The results were incorrect and theres no way of geting them to respond. Somethings needs to be done to this company.

• Le
    leicesterdad Aug 04, 2011

I've had a similar experience with Consumer Genetics using the Pink or Blue gender prediction test. I purchased the test from the 2nd June and didn't receive this until the 17th June. My results were inconclusive and I was offered the option of a retest or a refund of the lab fee. I emailed them to ask for a refund and have sent several dozen emails and made several calls - but have still not received anything back.

If you are thinking of using their services I would strongly recommend against it. The company are not trustworthy and are certainly not responsive.