Zellers / Christmas Bonus

1 100 Metropolitian Road, TorontoToronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I have worked for Zellers for over 15 years, and today I was amazed & Shocked on how Disrespectful this Company has become to their Employees. We were given our "Christmas Bonuses" today. First an annoncement telling us that the "President of Zellers, is pleased to tell you that for all your hard work this year, that you will be given a 10 dollar discount card that you can use at any Zellers store. The discount applies only if you spend $50.00 or more and only if you use your Zellers Credit card." We all stood there in Shock as the Manager said " Now line-up so we can check your name off that you received your Card." What got to me was that people were taking the Card as if we were being given something! I of course refused to take one as I considered this to be a slap in the face, to us employees. I have worked in other Companies and this is the worst bonus I have ever witnessed.
To any Workers out there! Never work for Zellers! I'm to far in to quit now, But be For warned!

Comments

• Hb
      14th of Dec, 2010

Not only that Zellers employees don't receive staff discounts unless they use their HBC credit card. It's not much of a discount if you are paying interest on the balance. Speaking of bonuses, wait until the company cut hours in January.

• Ba
      24th of Dec, 2010

yes our "bonus" was ### this year, as for "Zellers employees don't receive staff discounts unless they use their HBC credit card. It's not much of a discount if you are paying interest on the balance" i'm so sick of people ### of this ya still get the discount as for the paying interest, only if your to dumb to pay it off, buy your items then make a payment right then and oh my look no interest [censored]

• Lo
      25th of Dec, 2010

Bam you are the [censored]. Judging by the way you write you must be a Zellers supervisor. Perhaps you should read how hbc calculates interest before posting. If you carry a balance you still pay interest whether you pay off the purchase or not. The interest is calculated on all purchases before any payment is deducted. So let's say you have a balance of $1000. You buy something and it costs $100 with taxes and discount included. Your balance is now $1100. You make a $100 payment. When you receive your statement it will show interest charged on $1100 then your $100 payment. You don't pay interest if you pay the balance in full. As for me I rather shop elsewhere as I am not going to help pay for some CEO's bonus.

• Ts
      12th of Jan, 2011

I wish I had researched this discount scam before buying stuff on the stupid credit card.

• Ca
      16th of Jan, 2011

I so dislike that store and their treatment of customers is terrible. I am so glad they are closing down here in Canada. There is no, or little customer service and it seems that there are no staff around or so few of them when we go there it's like a ghost town. Must be that they couldn't find people who would want to work there. After all, it only stands to reason that if they treat their customers badly, they must do the same to their staff. No wonder it's so hard to return defective merchandise, it's because a lot of stuff they sell is crap. The manufacturers probably don't accept returns of defective product back from them for return. Crap is king when it comes to making a fast buck. Bye bye Zellers. We won't miss you! Most of all I won't miss always having to bring back things because of the poor quality. If they treated their employees better, the store would have been successful. Is the Bay still around? If they treat customers the way I've been treated, I hope they go also.
    I sure hope Target learns from Zellers and most of all not to be like that store.

• Dr
      17th of Jan, 2011

That is insulting. Good on you for refusing it.