Zarawigs.com / Shady Business Practices

1 CA, United States Review updated:

There is so much to say that is wrong about Zarawigs.com. This company is in the business of making lace front wigs. I was told that a custom made unit takes 6-8 weeks. First I want to address how they handle customer service. The only time you will get a prompt response is when you want to make a payment. Other than that they will take forever, like more that 24-48 hours to answer your email or phone call. If you try to contact them by phone it is even harder. It is very unlikely that they will ansewer the phone at any given time. Secondly, they use some wig maker in China. Who ever they are using they need to get rid of them. It will take you longer than 6-8 weeks to get your unit. When you try to ask zarawigs where is your unit they cannot give you an honest ansewer, or they will tell you it takes time to get in touch with the wig makers in China. Well I have been waiting over 20 days to get a response from zarawigs as to where my wigs are. At this point right now after being a customer with them for years I cannot take their shady business practices any longer. The units I have ordered over two months ago they have no idea where they are. They even had the nerve to send me an email that my units are ready to be shipped to me, only to find out after I made payment in full, that the units are not ready and they have no idea where my units are, but they took my money will quick. I have waited to get some sort of response at to where is the products I ordered and no one at zarwigs can be upfront and honest with me. I must say their customer service is horrible. Basically I am looking into getting a refund of my money. I would advise anyone looking into a lace front wig...BUYER BEWARE IF YOU ARE ORDERING FROM ZARAWIGS.COM

Comments

• Za
      23rd of Dec, 2010

This customer has ordered from us several times. First, she orders units that are extremely long, longer than normal. Thus, they take a little bit longer to make, both because of sourcing longer hair, secondly because of the care that must be taken to ventilate longer hair without breaking the hair strands.

When her orders are near completion, she calls nearly 4-8 times daily, which makes it unlikely that she can speak to someone each time.

During this most recent order, I made a mistake. Her order is extremely similar to the wigs of another repeat customer. When asked if her units were here, so that she could be given a ship date, I just said "oh yeah, they are here". That was my mistake and I own up to it. No one attempted to mislead her, it was a mistake.

After the customer called, repeatedly, for two days, we refunded her without her even having to ask for a refund. When she paid her balance in full, we only AUTHORIZED her card for her transaction, because we do not charge the card until we ship, so we did not "take her money quick". In fact, we voided that authorization and her funds were released to her account.

First of all, she is not waiting 20 days for a response from us. Some people want to camouflage their complaints so we do not know who they are, but it's just not true. She has spoken with someone from Zara Wigs nearly EVER DAY this week.

If you have a problem with our service, you are perfectly free to voice your concerns for others to read. But embellishing, to make your story more compelling, is just wrong.

We never told the customer we have no idea where her order is. It is in transit to the USA. We never give customers exact tracking information on our inbound units because there can be delays in shipping, or in customs, so we give general timeframes so that customers are not expecting an exact date, then complaining if the shipment has been delayed.

The units will be here, they will be beautiful as expected, and they will eventually find a home with another customer. I am sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations but I am certain you will find another vendor who can adequately meet your needs for both fast production and consistently available customer service.

23rd of Dec, 2010

First off you were never was straight up with me about this whole matter. I was asking you since Novermber 30, 2010 up till December 22, 2010 what exactly is the status of my units. I have every right to call you once you have taken my money in the amout of $1039.60 and have not reveived the merchandise or been given a correct answer as to where are my units. Every time I call you just tell me oh lets just hope for the best that the units will be here. You found time to post this on the message board but you did not ever tell me this. Every time Jeanette answered the phone she gave me no aswer as to where is my units. One thing I can say is that I did receive one email that told me my units will be ready December 10, 2010. Then when the date came and I was following up on this matter...Jeanette could give me no answer. Then I got an email December 17, 2010 saying my units have arrived and they are ready and to pay. Well I was able to reach somone to pay my balance only to find out that my units were not actually ready. I then asked well if my units are not ready then where are they. Once again you could not tell me anything. I PAYED YOU FOR A SERVICE AND YOU COULD NOT FULFILL YOUR END OF THE DEAL...PLUS YOU DID MAKE A MISTAKE AND NEVER EVEN CALLED ME TO APOLOGIZE FOR THE DELAY AND OFFER SOME SORT OF COMPENSATION.

23rd of Dec, 2010

You know I payed for this service and recieved emails that my units were ready and then to make a payment. Instead of lieing to me just to get rid of me you should have been honest about what was going on. I dont like being lied to and having my money taken from me. I really cannot trust your company and I really do hope that you are returning my money. Every time I asked Jeanette where are the units. I was just told that Michelle is working on it. You know I have been asking since November 30, 2010 what is the status of my units and you have not been able to tell me anything. I received no information as to the correct time my units will be ready. You cannot take $1039.00 from someone and tell them lets just hope that they are in the next shipment. ALL I AM ASKING IS THAT YOU ARE HONEST ENOUGHT TO REALLY REFUND MY MONEY

23rd of Dec, 2010

SO PROVE ME WRONG...IF THE UNITS REALLY ARE IN TRANSIT TO ARRIVE THIS WEEK OR NEXT WEEK. PLUS SINCE YOU HAVE MY MONEY. IF THEY EVER REALLY GET THERE THEN SEND THEM TO ME. IF NOT THEN GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY

4th of Jan, 2011

You were refunded before you filed your complaint, as shown in the attached image, your balance payment was voided and your original deposit was refunded.

4th of Jan, 2011

see attached photo

• Wo
      24th of Jun, 2011

Going through the EXACT same thing as we speak. Have been a loyal customer for years but THIS WILL BE MY LAST ORDER.

• Sk
      6th of Nov, 2011

OH WOW!!! I WAS JUST ABOUT TO ORDER FROM ZARA WIGS BUT AFTER READING THE COMPLAINTS I MUST ADMIT I DONT WANT TO ORDER...MAKES MR VERY SKEPTICAL AND AFRAID. I HOPE THE TWO LADIES ABOVE GOT WHAT THEY HAD PAID FOR, ITS JUST SAD...SORRY ZARA I MIGHT BE JUST TWO REVIEWS BUT THATS ALL IT TAKES FOR ME..I HAD REALLY LOVED YOUR WIGS A LOT. AND JUST NOT ME BUT MY FRIENDS TOO.

• Di
      4th of Mar, 2012

I will be filing a compliant with the BBB, as i send a wig in for repair. One of which I only needed a little more hair on the edges, which i wore for three months, and it has been over a year and the wig has not been returned to me. I don't call every day, at first I was just checking in once a month. I will never order from them again!!! I'd just like my wig back fixed or not.

• 0 Votes

I ordered a wig from ZARAWIGS.COM and the unit was not properly ventilated, After one week the hair started shedding to the point where baldspots were in the unit. I contacted them to let them know about the problem and told them I would order another unit and return the defective one for repairs when the new one arrived. I did this because I ordered from them before and had no issues with the custom units, but I never received a custom wig in 6-8 weeks. It has alway been more like 3-4 months, but that was not a huge problem for me at that time. One I received the new unit that I paid for, I shipped the defective unit and I was told that it would take 6-8 weeks to repair at no cost to me. GUESS WHAT, It has been 16 months, that is correct, 1 year and 4 months and I still have not received my wig that is supposed to be repaired, although it has been in transit to the US for 3 months now. I am so sick and tired of all the lies and excuses. I am at the point to now that if I do not receive my refund of my properly repaired unit, I am going to file a claim in court and I will just have to see Michelle in court. I don't have money to give away, especially in this economy. PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM ZARAWIGS.COM. YOU WILL WASTE A LOT OF TIME, MONEY, AND ENERGY.

I NOW ORDER FROM SASSY SECRET OR PLATINUM WIGS AND I HAVE NOT HAD ONE PROBLEM. My custom wigs and unusual measurements are no problem with sassy secret or or platinum wigs. Everytime I haved ordered the units come in on time and the quality is excellent and I have not yet had to return one unit. Customer service is excellent and there are no lies about what you pay for, unlike the lies that Michelle and Jeanette come up with.