Yodle.com / Stay away from these guys

United States Review updated:

A Yodle rep contacted me and hounded me for weeks to get me to sign up. High pressure sales pitch that glossed over some very important details. They never tell you exactly what you will be charged for, i.e. phone calls from prospects, mark up on adwords clicks. I have had one paying customer from the Yodle leads. That covered my monthly cost with them, and I am hoping they can produce at least that much more over the next two months so that their [censored] program will at least pay for itself.

Yodle doesn't make you sign a one year contract, thank God. But I am stuck with them for two more months. The day that period is up I will cancel their service.

I am an attorney and internet leads are a must for the type of law that I practice. I was actually doing better when I ran my own adwords campaigns. Yodle doesn't seem to be able to produce.

If you are a small business owner and are thinking of hiring a firm to run your adwords campaign, don't hire Yodle. If you break even, you will be lucky. If you don't break even, you could go broke paying their exorbitant fees. In fact, don't hire any company to do your campaign. Take the time to develop a list of keywords and some ad copy and just do it yourself.

Nu

Comments

• Ra
      9th of Apr, 2012

Hi Nujaze - I am sorry to hear that you're disappointed in your experience with Yodle so far. Would you be open to contacting me to discuss this further? My name is Radley Moss. I am the Director of Corporate Communications at Yodle. You can reach me at [protected]@yodle.com or 212-542-5449. I would also encourage you to contact your Client Services Consultant to discuss these issues further if you do not want to speak to me. I want to make sure that we have a chance to address your concerns. We can answer any questions you have on billing and discuss whether it makes sense to adjust anything in your current online marketing campaign. Thousands of companies have benefited from using Yodle for their online marketing and we want to make sure that we are maximizing the value that we are delivering to you. Thanks.

19th of Apr, 2012

I can understand your frustration, however if just coming up with keywords and copy was all that was needed, many local businesses would be enjoying tons of traffic reaching their site, and converting this traffic into real paying customers. The hard truth is the net is changing at an almost dizzying pace these days, more so than at any other time since it was created, and if you're not in tune with these changes, avoiding certain aspects of the online world, wile taking advantage of others - you're always going to be banging your head against the wall.
    I work with local businesses out in NYC and I'm not going to hard sell you or pitch you my services, I'm just letting you know that if you find someone who can provide real value and knows what you're trying to achieve, you'll have a much better experience. Believe me, there are some people in this local marketing industry that provide incredible amounts of value for what the amount they charge. Ffind one of these people and you'll wonder why you hooked up with a big box company in the first place.
    Ok, I fibbed, soft promo here, head on over to my blog to get my take on what's cooking online - marcusroman (dot) net. Hope you find what you're looking for, take care - Marcus