Yak Communications / False Billing

1 Riley Brook, New Brunswick, Canada Review updated:

I had Yak until about 2 hours ago. There are long distance calls that are not mine. They say because they are showing on my bill then they were made from my house. I only call within my province. I don't know anyone outside of the province. They are charging me for the calls and won't remove them. How could 16 different calls be made on my phone number when noone in my home made them? Could someone climb the pole, or hack into my phone? Could someone at Yak somehow change the information to cover up something they have done, could Yak be hacked into? Pls someone pls help. I don't want to pay for something that I didn't do. My email is bradshaw@nb.sympatico.ca. If you are thinking about getting Yak think again. They will rip you off in a heartbeat.

Comments

• Lo
      11th of Feb, 2009

I sent them two emails asking them to send us our bill since we switched from Bell about 3 months ago. No answer. My husband sat on the phone for an hour - no answer.

My son registered with a credit card for their internet last week - have never heard from them.

I switched to Rogers yesterday and suddenly today I get an automated phone message telling me my credit is affected because I have not paid my bill for the last 3 months. I tried to call them 5 time shortly after (5:00) and guess what - no answer!!! The phone call kept disconnecting!!!

Do these guys really exist?

Lori

10th of Mar, 2009

Good luck, they won't response, I had my phone changed over without any notification, the phone never worked, then I had to get a new # cost me $100 in time and prepaid phone cards. I sent the info to the Better Business Bureau which they are not a member of and they refused to communicate with them.
    Today I get an email me threatening collection For What. I have no contract with them, told them I want nothing to do with them. Ann Ajax

• Cl
      7th of Dec, 2009

I am GATHERING VICTIMS OF YAK COMMUNICATION IN ORDER TO SUBMIT TO LOCAL MASS MEDIAS, SUCH AS LOCAL BROADCASTS, NEWSPAPERS, other means of mass media in TORONTO GTA REGIONS. PLEASE REPLY THIS BOARD IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

i HAVE COME TO CONCLUSION THAT ONLY SOLUTION IS TO RAISE OUR VOICE TO BE HEARD TO MASS AUDIENCES.

some of governmental institution ENABLE it because some assume Yak is cooperation this also is authority as well.

I am also victim of Yak communication, which actually turned into fraud. For last 6 months, Yak communication neglected my request of cancellation and asking for unauthorized charges by abusive phone calls. I had reported to Police and Communication Network Commissioner.

Both institution requires 20 days to investigate; therefore, Yak try to win you over the harassment calls and e-mails meanwhile, which likely victims turn to agree for authorized payment.

THEN I THOUGHT - IF I HAVE BEEN USED YAK'S UNAUTHORIZED $30 CHARGE FOR SOME CHARITY INSTITUTION INSTEAD (LIKE WORLD VISION OR ARMY SALVATION), THE MONEY WOULD BE WELL SPENT INSTEAD OF THIS GREEDY COMPANY WHICH TREATS BADLY!!

I FEEL ANGRY THAT SOCIETY MAKES YOU FEEL THIS IS YOUR PRIVATE CIVIL CASE, NOT PUBLIC CONCERN.

I AM SUBMITTING THIS CONCERN TO CITY TV, ETC, IN THIS WEEK. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON THIS BOARD.