x bids.com / credit card charged

1 Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:

I went on line for the first to bid on line for electronics
I made a bid, they said I won the bid.
next thing I knew I won a bid for 1.99, and they charged my credit card 45, 00 and then 75, 00.
This is an online scam

Comments

• En
      6th of Dec, 2010

Why don't you post details of the problem, what's the website you visited when this happened?

• Lo
      8th of Dec, 2010

I went on to your site in good faith, your terms and conditions should be made clear.so that one who is a first time bidder should know upfront what what they will be billed for.please credit my account for the $120.00 you charged my account.then I will be glad to report this is not a scam.it seems funny to me, that we must give out all debit/credit card numbers, before being able to bid.

• En
      8th of Dec, 2010

IMO Loretta file a dispute with your credit card company. I read mixed results from others doing that, but if I were you I would at least try.

See if they have violated the Merchant Agreement terms of credit cards. They are required to display a receipt clearly after processing a charge. You mention charges of $45 and $75 appeared afterwards. Mention it when you contact your bank.

• Lo
      9th of Dec, 2010

If you are not willing to credit my account for the $120.00 I will proceed to contact my bank, and let them handle this issue, and also will file a complaint with the better business bureau.although I realize I should not have fallen for this scam.Every now and then we let our guard down at holiday time.

• Wo
      13th of Jan, 2011

I WAS CHARGED $75.00 ON MY CREDIT CARD WITHOUT MY APPROVAL, I HAVE SENT SEVERAL E MAILS, AND THE STILL HAVE NOT PUT MY MONEY BACK IN MY ACCT...THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN...KEN

• To
      7th of Feb, 2011

x bids ripped me off as well. i won an item 8 weeks ago and they still havent sent it. they wont reply to emails, or when ou call them, they direct you to their website which is down. they giot me for a few hundred dollars.

• Ni
      13th of Feb, 2011

I closed my account and was told I could get a refund for my account balance. That was eight weeks ago nothing yet. Now they won't reply at all.