www.publicsurplus.comIt was impossible to win the item

People, be careful and don’t waste money on the website www.publicsurplus.com. I wanted to get one item from them, but I only wasted money. I placed so many bids, but everything was useless. I didn’t win the item and wasted a lot of money. All rules were unclear and I didn’t get why I haven’t won the item, ‘coz y bid was the highest. I wonder if there are people, who have the same problems and what have you done in such situation, please post comments.

Fi
Jan 06, 2015

Comments

• Wh
      Aug 24, 2016

It feels like Public Surplus must have a few good buddies that they favor to win the auctions. We recycle salvage vehicles, junk, and... We also like to buy things from auctions, so that we can resell on eBay, Craigslist, etc... Have put bids on numerous items (30-40 times in the last couple of years). These are the things that happens... 1. Its looking good that we might win, at the last five minutes or so someone puts a higher bid. I have to rush to get a higher bid. Goes back and forth for a few minutes. Then when it looks like we have won something, at the last few seconds the other person has won the bid. They don't even extend the auction another three minutes like they are suppose to. 2. Items we buy, for example, vehicles... How much we can get for a vehicle scrap metal price, reselling a vehicle, parting out a vehicle. Some items that we get outbidded on, the final bid price on these items, doesn't make sense. Even if a person is going to use (for example vehicle) for personal use, final bid prices still do not make sense. Why would someone pay $3000 for a vehicle that is over 15 years old with 285000 miles?