Worldwide Rebates / Rebate Claim Issue

United States Review updated:

I submitted a rebate request to WorldwideRebates.com. They require that you register online and obtain a tracking number, which I did (#[protected]).

Their rebate terms indicate it can take 10 weeks to hear a response. My rebate paperwork was submitted on [protected]. After waiting the appropriate time period and not receiving a check, I sent an email to their customer service department. I received no response, I emailed the company again. They responded to my second email with a statement listing the applied for rebate and a status link. The link only took me to the rebate form. I assumed this meant they were working on the rebate. After no status I emailed them a 3rd time copying the email with the dead link. They responded asking I call them.

Upon calling them I was informed that they claim they never received my paperwork and now it is too late to send it since so much time has passed. I tried to explain to the agent (Lynn) that I did send the paperwork and had a copy of everything I sent and that had the company responded to my first email this rebate would not have expired. Lynn said it doesn't matter I am out of luck. I asked to speak to a manager and she refused to transfer me. I then asked for the full name of her company and she refused.

This company clearly seems to be in the business of cheating people out of their rebates. They ignored my attempts to contact them and now purport that they have no responsibility to honor the rebate.

Comments

To
  14th of Feb, 2009
They RIPPED me off too. I will not buy products that are at that "Great" price because of the rebate that you'll NEVER receive.

I'm furious and maybe writing Tiger Direct a letter telling them I refuse to shop with them anymore until they stop associating with WWR will do SOMETHING? I doubt it but like you so many times they LOSE your rebate or you never get it... the EXCUSES go on forever.

NO MORE! Normal price $199.00 but with the $30.00 REBATE it's $169.00

SCREW YOU!!! I'll find it for $169.00 and you can stick your REBATE SCAM up your ###!