Worldwide Acquisitions / Very Shady

Worldwide Acquisitions
Hey everyone. Here is my experience with WWA. Hope it helps you in your career decision.

Worldwide Acquisitions. Sounds like a nice place am I right? So I was fresh out of college, young, naive, blah blah blah all that stuff, and was really eager to look for a job. I went to a few places like many people do (monster, careerbuilder, etc) and stumbled upon a small "Marketing Firm" as they call themselves known as Worldwide Acquisitions. I went to their website, it looked alright, somewhat sloppy, but I figured this company was maybe very young. So I appled online at CareerBuilder, and literally the next morning I got a phone call. They wanted to bring me in for an interview. They wanted also a "fresh" resume and wanted me to dress nice.

So I hiked up to Woburn (already a trip in itself from where I live) and had my "first" interview. This interview lasted literraly 5 minutes. She asked really easy questions like "How do you feel about teamwork, " and stuff like that. Now, anyone who has half-a-brain knows that no LEGITAMATE job interview lasts 5 minutes. She told me that I "fit" all the qualifications and wanted me back for a second interview. Now the fun began. She instructed me that I would be "out in the feild" working with one of their "Top Account Managers" for 8 hours... 12pm to 8pm. Right before the interview ended, I tried to ask her what I would be doing specifically. She "beated around the bush" and didn't give me a straight answer.

The day of the second interview came and I was very curious to see what exactly I'd be doing for 8 hours. If I only knew how stupid this "8 hour interview" was going to be I would have stayed in bed all day long because that would have been more productive than what I was about to face. I arrive at 12pm, not expecting to see alot of people, and there are at least 10 of us. I was very sketched out by this because what company hires excess people when the economy is in such a slump? Again, as naive as I was, I went along with everything and sat down. I talked to some of the other candidates...some of them who drove up to 2 hours just for this interview, which now makes me feel really bad. Anyways, the time came for us to meet our "Top Account Managers" Each candidate was paired up with someone who was apparently a top account manager...whatever that is. I finally got my name called and I was paired up with a nice guy. He told me to follow him and we went to his car. I still had no clue what we were doing as he drove off onto the highway. He set his GPS for Swampscott, MA...I was like are you serious? That's another 40 minute drive from Woburn.

As we drove in the Car, I asked some questions about the company. I asked what kind of benefits does the company offer. He smiled and said, "Yeah, benefits. We have those, " and then went back to driving. I also asked what he didn't like about the job. He didn't say a word. He just kept saying "I am the happiest guy ever here, man." Soon after I stopped asking questions...

For the next 4 hours we literrally went door to door... in Swampscott... in 80 degree weather... trying to pitch "Verizon FiOS" to very elderly people and some young families. It was a nightmare. I felt like an idiot for wearing my nicest shoes that day, because all we did was walk from door to door. We must have stopped at around 40 houses within the first 4 hours. My top account manager told me to "Watch how he interacted with people so I could learn and see." Now I finally reached the point where I asked myself, "Do you really need a college degree to do this?" The answer is no. You don't.
It gets worse.

Finally my top account manager took me to a pizza palor to get lunch. Again, I asked him about what benefits there were with the company, and he finally took out a piece of paper and wrote some things down. He told me that I had 2 choices of how to get paid. I could either have 300 dollars a week + 25 percent commision or I could have 400 to 600 a week...? The numbers were very unspecific. Then he showed how in one year I could make 85k-110k as a manager. Remember guys, if it's too good to be true, then it probably is. The company offers harvard pilgrim healthcare, but thats the only real benefit here. No 401k, vacations, etc.

After lunch, it was back to the streets to "attempt" to sell more FiOS. My feet were killing me, I honestly wished they gave me a heads up on what I'd be doing on this day so I could have dressed more appropriatley. The day dragged on as we continued to go door to door and then I realized it was way past 8'oclock. But my top account manager didn't care, he was more interested in knocking on doors. I was like, wow guy, it's after 8p.m. Please leave these poor people alone. He even went around to the back of someones house to get their attention...Not only was that an unethical move, but it's just down right rude. If someone doens't answer their door, they don't have to. (And at this point I really wouldn't blame them).

We drove back in silence. It was super awkward. Then he broke the silence by telling me we'd be going to back to see if I could get a "third" interview. More interviews? Come on guy its past 9 my parents haven't heard from me all day. We get back to the office, where I sit down with my top account manager and another manager and discuss how the day went. Feeling like a complete ###, I sat there, smiled, and said it went great. Shortly after I was given a test. This test was really easy. It asked questions like "Why is it better to interact with customers face to face?" and other easy questions. I filled it out and handed it to my top account manager who then went back into the room and talked to the other manager again. He came out a minute later and said "HEY! I got ya that 3rd interview!" From the looks of things it seemed as if EVERYONE got a third interview. I was then told I got the job, they congratulated me and asked when I could come back for a drug test. I told them in about 3 days. I finally left and began my drive home... it was 10 o'clock when I left the building. I was very disappointed because this job really wasn't about marketing or advertising...it was just a crummy sales job.

The next day I called and told them I wouldn't be able to work for them due to personal issues. If you're a college graduate, you can unquestionably do better than this company. It just feels like some sort of scheme...Very shady.

More Worldwide Acquisitions Complaints & Reviews

Plus World Wide Acquisitions, Inc. - Very very shady [1]
Plus Worldwide Acquisitions - scam

A  19th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I was also recently interviewed (if you can really call it that) for this same position. I came away from the experience thinking ''wow, they must think I'm am an absolute ###!" The rep who I shadowed for the day explained that within 6-9 months of taking the job, I, and any other motivated sales reps would be promoted to Assistant Manager and be raking in $1100-$1500 per week. It would seem logical then that the office would be teeming with highly paid assistant managers, the reality however; out of an office of 30 people, only 3 have reached this level in the company's 3 year existence. When I asked about these blatantly obvious inconsistencies I was just told that like all other entry level positions there is a tendency for high turnover. Hmmmm, looks like WWA either experiences close to 100% turnover or they pride themselves on being able to bulls@#* poor old ladies into buying verizon fios AND bulls@#* motivated, hardworking, educated young professionals into insecure and immoral 'jobs.' My feeling is that its probably a bit of both...
N  21st of Oct, 2009 by
Thank you very much guys, for sharing your experience! I was about to call them back to schedule an interview, but I'm not going to now.
N  14th of Jan, 2010 by
I had a similar experience with The Acquisition Group in Framingham, MA. Same interview process. Same product (Verizon). Same shady promotion schedule. Because I had read this complaint, I had an idea as to how the "second interview" for a marketing company would play out, but the six other interviewees in the lobby clearly did not know what they were in for. It was a freezing cold day with a foot of snow on the ground, and these young hopefuls were all dressed to the nines, lacking the necessary heavy winter outerwear and long underwear to survive a day trudging around door to door. One girl had on very high heels. We spent the day going to buisnesses, door to door, without appointments. Many buisnesses were clearly shocked by the unprofessional, in your face, rude mannerisms of the saleswoman I was following. Some buisness owners complained of having had to "throw out" other sales people from The Acquisition Group who had already come to their store and would not leave. The whole experience was quite an eye opener for me. If you are going for an interview with this company, and you are a professional college graduate... heck, you just have to be professional... then you could do better.
A  21st of Jan, 2010 by

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM.. AND THE PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE ARE SCAM ARTISTS... World Wide Aquisitions is the definition of a Pyramid Scheme.. if you don't know what that is, I encourage you to Google it! The sooner you're aware of what it is, the sooner you'll see what this company is really after!

I IDIOCALLY WORKED FOR THIS COMPANY FOR ONE WHOLE MONTH... IT WAS HANDS DOWN, ONE OF THE WORST EXPERIENCES OF MY LIFE... Not only was it terrible, i spent more money on gas and lunch than ever actually seeing a dime...

Literally, one of the WORST ...EXPERIENCE... In my entire life...
A  1st of Feb, 2010 by
this sounds like Northeast Consulting. I just got a call from WWA too, and it sounded strange to me. all sorts of bells were going on in my head, due to my past experience with interviewing for Northeast Consulting in Braintree. Thank goodness for Google. Now i will not waste a day going to this interview for exactly the same experience.
A  1st of Feb, 2010 by
I thought I would go on the interview for the experience, but looking back I wish I hadn't bothered. The whole thing was shady, and the sales guy I was with would even go into places that specifically said "No Soliciting." What kind of ethical, or even remotely well-mannered, person does that???

You spent your time and invested in your education. Do not go for these companies.
D  3rd of Mar, 2010 by
I did some research and found that these are legitimate businesses, not pyramid schemes. I also researched Fios and found that it is ranked by JD Powers as the #1 internet solution available... I am not sure where you folks got your information. I am still going to my interview.
A  8th of Mar, 2010 by
It's always humorous to see people who work for companies like this to come onto this website to discredit the complaint. I'm talking of course about the comment above.

I went on an interview with these people. It was one of the worst experiences I've ever had.

Unethical sales techniques.
Terrible Pay.
Wear and Tear on your car.

Btw the price of FiOS SKYROCKETS after about a few months. The BEGINNING PRICE OF FiOS is cheap so the customer is "hooked in." Once they have the customer they are hoping that they are too stupid to see that the price was jacked up.
A  12th of Mar, 2010 by
I thank you guys for informing me about this shady company. I was scheduled to go to an interview shortly, but after reading all these responses I have decided to cancel.

Has anyone had experience with Northeast Consulting? I have an interview with them in a few weeks and I saw that someone posted something about the company.
A  12th of Mar, 2010 by
Thanks for this posting on WWA because I almost ending up driving an hour to interview with these guys. I was curious if anyone had heard anything about Northeast Consulting in Braintree, MA?
A  24th of Jul, 2010 by
I worked there the whole winter without a car worked for 60 hours a week in the freezing winter for 100% commission it was the toughest job I ever did and the pay off was absolutely not worth it then people started stealing(thousands and thousand) from the company including my top account manager by convincing other people to give them applications so they could split the money then I became a top account manager and they never gave me anybody to train.
A  27th of Jul, 2010 by
"Worldwide Acquisitions" is now "Big Business Inc". Same FiOS scam, same idiot HR and CEO just a new name. They are so stupid that their copy / paste email responses accidentally have some of the Worldwide Acquisitions links still in it.

During the "interview" the CEO brags that they just opened a second office in San Jose. I email the HR person about the "Worldwide Acquisitions" name and she's stupid enough to say that Vince is the new owner and that the old owner moved to (guess where) San Jose.

The HR person writes from a yahoo address called "Bigbusinesss@yahoo.com". Yes that's a triple S (the third S is for Stupid) and the yahoo is being used for good measure to further prove the stupidity. Can't figure out how to get a domain name email address hmm?

The CEO asked me if I liked their Website. I actually found an error I wanted to show him. I asked him to pull up the website on his computer and he didn't know the address. I go "it's www.bigbusinessINC.com" and he yells at me that he knows his own web address. Oh really? Then why did you keep hammering in bigbusiness.com? Is it because you change the name of your company so regularly that you couldn't remember the address?

Yeah, total scam. And this Big Business Inc is still doing the same routine described in earlier complaints. Funny craigslist ad, go to Woburn, third floor, suite 3500 I believe. Secretary, HR and everyone in the office is far too young. Meet CEO for first interview and he contradicts himself a half dozen times while bragging about his success. Interview is over under 10 minutes and CONGRATULATION you pass and can come in tomorrow to shadow somebody. Where a suit! Person you are shadowing has the Verizon polo shirt and I'm sure to the people who's door your "top account manager" is knocking on having a dude in a suit there makes things look more legit.

STAY AWAY FROM BIG BUSINESS INC and WORLDWIDE ACQUISITIONS and any other company that does this work from Woburn or for that matter anywhere in the Boston area. These guys have moved from Boston to Framingham to Woburn and changed business names at least three times as far as I can tell Googleing around.
N  27th of Jul, 2010 by
BEWARE all of you in the San Jose area looking for jobs... The office that opened in the San Jose area under the same management as Big Business and Worldwide Acquisitions is Genuine Acquisitions, Inc. I would recommend staying away from this company as well... Doubtful they would give up their scam-like ways now...
N  27th of Aug, 2010 by
Very true. All they have is a website --- anyone can do that now a days & a freepress article which they simply signedup for and posted untrue boostful info so untrue. stay away guys don't waste your time in this company that keeps changing names.
N  15th of Dec, 2010 by
Holy C R A P. I have a 3:15 there tomorrow...guess who's not showing up? Yeah screw that, I'd rather go through a legit process than this! Thank you so much for the warning!
N  28th of Jan, 2011 by
OMG! I have an interview tom at Genuine Acquisitions Inc. and next week at Silicon Consulting Inc. applying for the same position (Sales & Marketing ENTRY LEVEL) Oh my G' !!!
are these all true?? Does anyone got the same experience from the Co.'s I mentioned??
A  7th of Feb, 2011 by
North East Consulting Incorporated is related to these other companies. I worked for NEC Inc. and everything is true.Only it gets much worse.People end up broke and losing everything they have.Representatives are packed in shared apartments like sardines... praying they can rip off someone to so they can eat that night.They brainwash you. ex. they try to make sure you don't talk to family/friends/boy friend/ girl friend.They even encourage you to date within the office.Eventually you are so in debt you have no choice but still work for them.Realistically no one ever makes money at this job.Even if you do they can always fire you for no reason and keep the money.

They don't want you to make money, well actually they want you to make about $100 a week.That way the higher ups get money but you won't be promoted.They say you make $ $100 but that is not true and real odds say no to that.BTW the $100 a week does not include taxes or expenses or anything like that.If you stick around for 10 working days you get $100.They tell you after that that you make $500 a week.Then they say "Yeah, you might make $500 a week !" (for a 70 hour plus week) I used to get up at 4:30 AM and get home at around 9:00 PM .This does not even touch on the dangerous aspects/misleading of customers/fraud practices of this job.This company is related to Cydcor and after I started asking around what was going on I was fired.They never paid me 90 % of the money I earned. BTW don't expect the first check for a month.Hopefully the more people that know about this company the more people are saved from this Cydcor MLM cult.There website is http://www.necincorporated.com/team . On that page you can get a good look at some of the [censor] that run the place.Haha I love how they all say they support charities and believe in integrity.This people are seriously the worst type of human trash.
A  8th of Apr, 2011 by
I can assure you that the original post (OP) is accurate. I made the mistake of going up to Woburn (a nearly 2 hour drive) for an initial "interview". By no means is this place legitimate. I came here to look for confirmation that I was dead on with my gut feeling telling me something was dreadfully wrong with this scenario . It is indeed Suite 3500 in the 400 building at W Cummings Park. They are currently operating under the name Big Business Solutions. From the first telephone conversation I knew something wasn't right. The girl on the phone had no interest in anything that I had to say or in getting to know me. Now, I've been in a position that I had to recruit for my company and the first thing I want to do (even if it's initial phone contact) is get to know something about the candidate and see if they're even worth the time of an interview... 'are they a good "fit" for the company?' kind of thing. Then the girl calls me back TWICE on the day of the interview to confirm. Overzealous much? So, I get there and two girls are at the front desk (one of whom I had spoken with on the phone) and both are very young. I can honestly say that I think I was dressed more professionally than both of them put together. One had tattoos exposed. Don't get me wrong, I have a couple tattoos but I damn well keep them covered when I am representing my employer! These poor girls just looked cheap. I certainly would not want them representing MY organization. Then there was the kid who "interviewed" me. (I swear I was the oldest person in the building and I'm not that old!) He asked a few basic interview questions but mostly rattled off this long winded, half put together explanation of the company that he appeared to be reading from the paper he was holding. He talked so fast that he was stumbling over his own words- to the point that I was pretty sure he was on a massive caffeine overload. And to top it all off he looked like a used car salesman in training. Out of that wasted 15-20 minutes, I came away with no useful information. I was told that I would be called back for a second "interview" (if I made the cut, of course) at which time I would go out "in the field" with an account manager, blah, blah, blah... (see above posts). There is no way I'm getting sucked into THAT! I had hoped that there maybe there was something here worth looking into but like someone else pointed out: if it seems too good to be true, IT IS!! This is the most ridiculous scam I've seen in a while and there's no way I'm getting sucked in. Here's the kicker, folks... I'm a nursing director looking to possibly change career fields. I thought it odd that they even called me to begin with. I just threw my resume out there on a whim. I think I just cured my itch to want to change careers!! :) At least it was a beautiful day for a long drive! :)
A  25th of Apr, 2011 by
I, unfortunately, had the exact same experience as the original poster at this dismal company. I felt like such a complete loser for actually "interviewing" for 8 hours. Heres my experience:

I am a girl. Fortunately the company recognized THAT. They very kindly told me that at my second interview, I should wear flats as I would be "running around with one of the managers seeing what they do on an average day". Oh, and have lunch. So my story takes place in Massachusetts in the beginning of April 2 years ago. Its a freezing cold day. I dress nicely in a suit, flats, and short peacoat. I show up at the office around 11am as directed. Being in my lates 20s, I am the oldest one there. The receptionist who looks all of 19, is very nice. Little did I know she felt sorry for us chumps. So I meet my manager that I will be shadowing for the day. I forget his name as I have tried to block out the whole experience.

I trail the manager, lets call him "Sean" to his car. He is impossibly young and Jersey Shore-ish (he is from NYC). He plugs "Lynn, Massachusetts" into his GPS. Ok, I still dont know what we're doing. Going to a hotel conference room for a meeting? Hmmmm...whats going on? Sean is not forthcoming. We peel out of the parking lot with Sean's gangsta rap blasting the whole way to Lynn. Im already thinking "how unprofessional" and getting a baaaaaaaad feeling. We arrive in Lynn and pull into a Papa Gino's parking lot. Sean has to get changed into his "work" clothes. I sit in the car while Sean gets changed into a a shirt and tie. Im hating my life. We drive to a ghetto neighborhood and Sean shows me his sale materials for Verizon Fios. Only then does it dawn on me- we are going door to door selling Verizon Fios in Lynn. My God. But Im there, stuck in Lynn, so I have to go along with it.
Wow am I overdressed for door-to-door sales in Lynn. But at least I wore flats! Oh, with no socks. On a freezing cold, windy early spring day in Massachusetts. Im freezing. THIS pissed me off the most about the whole expereince. These jokers KNEW I would be outside for HOURS and they only tell me to wear FLATS???!! Ok, what about frostbite?? SO...FREAKIN...RUDE.

Thankfully most people arent home as it is Wednesday at noon. I remark haf-jokingly to Sean "wow, wish I knew we would be outside all day" and he kind of chuckles with the gleam of a next sale in his eyes. I go along like a good sport because, well, Im stuck there. Sean actually makes a few sales. I stand by and watch the magic. Then Sean says its time for lunch. We go to yet another Papa Gino's (what is this city full of them?) and Sean graciously pays. As we eat, Sean outlines the process (see above posters). I couldnt explain it you if I tried. Somehow, in a year, everyone is a manager and making bank. How the company sustains this, I will never know.

Sean eats fast and then advises me on what to "study" when we get back because I will be quizzed. Ok, whatver. I eat slow, trying to warm up. Sean is visibly agitated I am taking so long. We go back out.
The rest is a blur. House after house. Biting, cold wind. This is before daylight savings so it gets dark around 4pm. Now we are in the cold and dark. I troop along. Finally I say to Sean "Look, Im freezing. Im going to sit in the car" And I do. For a couple of more hours. Finally Sean comes back and we head back to headquarters in Woburn.

Back in the reception area other chumps are back from their day out in the cold. I manage to exchange a few words with another girl. It basically goes like this "Im...sooooo...cold" "Me too" "Wish I knew to wear flats" "Wish I knew we would be outside all day" She looked frozen.

I am then called into the manager's office. Its is like 8pm by this time. They give me the "quiz"- so dumb. Then they ask a few questions and say "you got the job!" At this point Im like "ok", leave and call them and say no thanks. Complete waste of a day. Total disregard for a person's time, sanity, and comfort. SCREW IT!
A  13th of May, 2011 by
gosh! i should read your reviews early! I was completely ### to pass through what u have been gone thru for the whole day. this is really pissed me off. the firm name is "Genuine Acquisition, San Jose" and i think we should give the feedback to their HR specialist- Jessica to let them please dont waste people time! Damn!

World Wide Acquisitions Logo World Wide Acquisitions