World Wide-Soft.com / Internet Virus Tool

1 San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

I was surfing the internet on 02/26/2010 when a program popped up and stating my computer was at risk for viruses. I kept trying to close the windows but it wouldn't close. So I bought the tool and the windows closed. I have no address or phone number to contact the company and I am sure it is a scam. Has anyone else experienced this?

More World Wide-Soft.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ni
      28th of Feb, 2010

This just happened to me on 2/25/10. I just got my internet hooked up and didn't know the internet protection from my internet provider was FREE... That same screen kept popping up and would not close. I thought it was legit because it said " WINDOWS 2010". So I just paid the $50!!! I just happened to google the name after looking at my bill and saw your complaint. What is up with this s&^t?? How do you get your money back if the credit card company won't??

Thanks!!

• Mg
      28th of Feb, 2010

on 2/23/2010 i bought what was called "security tool" and it charged my card 130 bucks and it comes up worldwidesoft.com. The security tool is no longer on my computer i have no idea where it went!

• Lo
      1st of Mar, 2010

the same thing happened to me. don't know how to get my money back Londa

• Lo
      1st of Mar, 2010

it's a rip off and there using microsoft's name

• Gn
      1st of Mar, 2010

same thing happened to me.then popped up XP Antispyware tool. downloaded got infected, paid for it.now i can not find it

• Da
      1st of Mar, 2010

This just happened to me on 2/27/2010 my tech guy said it's old scam that looks like windows vista guardian. It looks legit but it is not. Every year it's windows vista guardian 2009, 2010, 2011, etc... It's time consuming to remove all the virus's. Make certain you cancel your credit card as they will attempt more smaller charges; dispute this Charge which for me was $69.99.

2nd of Mar, 2010

The same think just happened to me it took $ 99.90 and i still have a virnes is still there .It happed on 3-01-2010. How do we get the money back.

• Wo
      2nd of Mar, 2010

I just had the same thing happen to me today...I could not get it to go off my computer screen, the my whole screen blacked out until I bought the program for $50.00. Now everything is back to normal, is this some kind of scam??? I'm guessing yes, I don't know what to do, i am hoping that they do not try to take money out of my bank again.. Their toll free number is 1-800-469-9689. I am calling in a little bit, I will post what i find out.

Heather

• Ne
      3rd of Mar, 2010

Happened to me last night - 3-2-10 - people need to find better things to do with their time. I'm on hold with my bank now. How do I get this thing off my personal computer? My Trend prompted me to delete av.exe - I did. Nothing will launch IE, iTunes, etc. Any ideas?

• Ne
      3rd of Mar, 2010

Just got off the phone with the credit card company - nothing they can do since the charge is pending - I should keep an eye on my account and once it's paid then call and complain. Unreal.

• Mb
      3rd of Mar, 2010

I had the same problem, there was no type of phone number and my computer still is warning me that i still have a virus..

• Ms
      3rd of Mar, 2010

Me too! I did a system restore, and installed AVG. All seems to be good. Make sure you cancel your credit card so they wont be able to charge you again.

• Ss

I got the same thing as well...I was charged 109.90

• Li
      4th of Mar, 2010

My daughter has a lab top and i brought this same package twice . I got like a week or two apart. is this web site a scam or what. Can somebody please help me.

• Wi
      4th of Mar, 2010

I was using my Lap Top and a pop-up appeared stating that my Computer was infected with viruses, so I bought the soft ware, I E-mailed the Company and was told that my account would be credited and it was, now thay are charging me again this month.

• Ya
      4th of Mar, 2010

yes!!! It happened on2-26-2010.. I paid $60 and it is nowhere on my computer.

4th of Mar, 2010

I got this and paid the $70 thinkin our update was overlooked (as im sure the creators expect) Antivirus 2010. It will disable you .exe files. Google Antivirus 2010 removal and you will find boards explaining how to remove it through mal/spyware tools. I'm just going to file a dispute thru my cc company. It's one thing to screw people by giving them the virus and even give cc info to buy it, right? But to actually have the nerve to charge for it... amazing.

• Sw
      4th of Mar, 2010

just had same thing happen, feel like an idiot! Anyone gotten anywhere with this?!!! If so, please post!!

• Ed
      5th of Mar, 2010

OMG, feel like an idiot too! I work with charge disputes and never saw this one coming. I also trusted it & thought it was legit since it said Microsoft. Gonna dispute tomorrow morning.Will post results later.

• Pu
      5th of Mar, 2010

I just had the same thing happen to me today.2/25/10..I could not get it to go off my computer screen, the my whole screen blacked out until I bought the program for $50.00. THEN everything WAS back to normal,
    Now NOW MY PC IS DEAD - NO INTERNET CONNECTION
    This sure is some kind of scam!
    I TRUSTED THIS SITE BECAUSE IT SAID MICROSOFT!!!