Wine Enthusiast / The Wine Enthusiast Silent 48 Bottle Double Door Wine Refrigerator (2-Temp) (Stainless Steel Trim Door)

1 Scottsdale, AZ, United States Review updated:

I purchased a The Wine Enthusiast Silent 48 Bottle Double Door Wine Refrigerator (2-Temp) (Stainless Steel Trim Door) about 18 months ago. About 3 months ago the left side of the refrigerator stopped working. I contacted Wine Enthusiast on Oct 16 to inquire as to whether they had had this problem before, and if they could recommend a company that would fix the problem at my expense. I received a canned email response saying they would respond within 24 hours. They did not.

On Oct 28 I sent the same complaint to Wine Enthusiast, this time asking that the information also be sent to Mr. Adam Strum, Chairman of Wine Enthusiast Companies. I again received the canned email that I would receive a reply within 24 hours but once again received nothing.

Based on my experience, I have to conclude that Wine Enthusiast is enthusiastic only about selling you shoddy appliances, but not very eager to stand behind their products. I purchased my subsequent 166 bottle wine refrigerator from Beverage Factory and will never do business with Wine Enthusiast again.

Ed

Comments

• Dw
      16th of Aug, 2016
    Wine Enthusiast - Wine Cellrer
    Wine Enthusiast
    Virginia
    wineenthusiast.com

This company claims 100% customer satisfaction but nothing is further from the truth. Their wine cellar furniture is low quality. I have reached out to them via phone and email to let them know I have one of their products that SHORTS OUT AND SPARKS WITH SMOKE. They will not reply in any way no matter how dangerous their product is. They will not recommend a solution nor will they refund any of my money. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! They DO NOT stand by their products.

• Ha
      16th of Aug, 2016
    Wine Enthusiast - Catalog abuse
    Wine Enthusiast

I made the mistake of ordering a gift for someone from this catalog nearly 2 years ago.

The W.E. put me on a mailing list (auto add) and has bombarded me with catalogs ever since.

I have called and asked to be taken off the list, I have sent back labels, nothing works. I'm assured by phone that I've been removed from the list, and yet they still come, like locusts raining down on my head.

The catalogs come constantly, with no new reasons to be looking at them. Same crap, same inflated prices. Just more paper to junk up my mailbox.

What's amusing is that the cover of the catalog proudly states their green ethos with post-consumer recycling of its paper. GREAT, now how about not sending out the recycled paper over, and over, and over again, wasting time, money, postage, and the efforts of printers and mail carriers, to send the catalogs to people who don't want them or need them?

If I still had a cat, I'd have litter box material. Now, I just dump them by the dumpster so that local unfortunates will have paper for personal hygiene, which is of greater value to them than the catalog is to me. THAT, my friends, is very eco-friendly and takes Wine Enthusiasts' interest in post-consumer waste a few steps further.